• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bowling Alley Catalog Show: Beer-Friendly Snack Ideas & Tips

bring a dip maybe? Hot Pizza Dip, Artichoke Dip, chipotle ranch... served any of these with pretzels.pretzels, chips and dips or nachoshot wings
cgreen
I have a friend who agreed to host a catalog show-- she actually does really well with catalog shows, but these are the same people in her office who order every time and I never get any bookings from them.

Anyway, to spice things up a bit this time, I thought it would be fun for me to drop off the host package during her next bowling team thing... they've never ordered before, and I don't think she was even planning to take the catalogs-- but she thought it was a great idea.

I will bring some goodies to eat and linger and meet people, etc. The only thing I don't know is WHAT kind of snack foods I should bring. I was thinking maybe the pecans or muffins so I can make ahead of time... but I'm thinking I need something salty to go with beer.

Any suggestions for make-ahead beer-friendly snacks, or for shows in bowling alleys in general?

Thanks!!

A dip maybe? Hot Pizza Dip, Artichoke Dip, chipotle ranch... served any of these with pretzels.

pretzels, chips and dips or nachos
hot wings
you might check first to see if the bowling alley will allow outside food brought in. Since most do have a concession stand I'd think they'd frown on you feeding their customers

Touchdown taco dip and chips!!

We watch our grandson bowl in a Youth league every Saturday morning, and
there is a sign right on all the entrance doors that NO FOOD or DRINKS are allowed to be brought into the facility. I agree that you should get prior approval, so that you don't waste your efforts. I have passed out catalogs,
very carefully. I have them with me, and sometimes pretend to be looking
at them. I then ask if the other person would like to look through it. Some
have and some are totally not interested. I mentioned the Microfiber towel as a nice stocking stuffer, and not one person bought one. My grandson uses his all the time, and has had some great games. I kiddingly like to suggest that it makes the difference, but he is just very good. His average
is over 200.

I'd check to be sure what the rules are, most don't allow food on the alleys but have tables up above or behind lanes, but most also sell food so they might :mad: upon you bringing in, unless you make sure you have some for the staff??

What comes to mind right away are little popper type things, take Beer Batter Bread and scoop into MMP and push a little chunk of a brat into it and bake, it'll become a beer batter brat bite (say that 3 times fast, lol)

Little brownie bites, cookies.

As a bowler, nothing messy and make sure you provide some napkins or paper towels to wipe hands on. Take a MFT and show how great they'd "clean" ball off, lol.

HTH, and let us know how you make out.

Lisa

Oh, MFT= microfiber towels! I was wondering what you had against them, LOL!

Grandmarita said:
We watch our grandson bowl in a Youth league every Saturday morning, and
there is a sign right on all the entrance doors that NO FOOD or DRINKS are allowed to be brought into the facility. I agree that you should get prior approval, so that you don't waste your efforts. I have passed out catalogs,
very carefully. I have them with me, and sometimes pretend to be looking
at them. I then ask if the other person would like to look through it. Some
have and some are totally not interested. I mentioned the Microfiber towel as a nice stocking stuffer, and not one person bought one. My grandson uses his all the time, and has had some great games. I kiddingly like to suggest that it makes the difference, but he is just very good. His average
is over 200.

Most places that serve food won't allow people to bring in "homemade" items. First of all, it cuts into their sales, and then there might be health code violations, not to mention liability issues. So before you go ahead and bring treats, find out if you can.

I do a baked potato bar for guys and gals shows all the time. I call it a Suds 'n' Spuds show. :)

The issue of taking food is really a non-issue at this particular spot. That's where several of our companies and organizations have fundraiser tournaments, etc., and they understand the value of good will towards their long-time clients. They do serve food, but as long as I'm not taking "competitive" stuff, it's okay.

I was tossing around the idea of taking a basket of treats packaged in tiny cellophane gift bags to avoid mess and still attract the attention towards the catalog table, and there's no conflict of interest there--I'd really like to see a bowling alley post a "no gift" policy. (Plus, when the stuff is packaged nicely, there's not as much "grabbing and going" and I can have a short conversation each time I hand one to someone.)

Thanks for the great ideas. Will let you know how it goes.

Pizza!!!!!:)

um.....a buzz???

I have a consultant on my team that sells the "100 squares" ( I believe it is in the files)---once a month or so at bowling --pretty much helps her stay active--because she hasn't done many shows thru the fall and holiday season--just an idea for ur friend--once someone wins alot of FREE stuff from you --they may be more interested--they buy any games of chance on bowling nite!!!:D
Just an idea:D

Oh, come on...EVERYTHING goes with beer!!:D

Beer bread?

BEER BREAD!! Maybe some Southwest Seasoning dip to go with it. Has anyone made that? It is SO SO SO SO SO SO SO good. I just use the chips or whatever to scoop the dip into my mouth. They're an insignificant add on to the dip itself!

RE= pIZZA
pkd09 said:
Pizza!!!!!:)

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, THIS TIME i GOT SMART AND READ POSTS PRIOR TO POSTING WHAT SOMEONE ELSE MAY HAVE MENTIONED!!!

LIZ

I was on a bowling league and were were allowed to bring in stuff for holidays and birthdays..that was it. Say it is someone's birthday...LOL

Well I would think that if it had to do something with a fundraiser, birthday, or holiday it would be okay, but I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing food with me to try to sell some PC when I go bowling, yeah I pass around a catty or talk about PC when I'm there, but bringing in food when it's not one of these would really make me uneasy and I am good friends with the owners, they have a business of their own and I would feel I was intruding even though she is always telling me to do a show there, I did bring some sweet treats for HWC last year, and sold the squares and donated all the money I got from the squares to the ACS, and donated a GC from myself to be used AT that show so it was also toward the HWC fund.

Touchdown taco dip is always a hit!

Marg said:
I do a baked potato bar for guys and gals shows all the time. I call it a Suds 'n' Spuds show. :)

What do you put out for this? Would you mind giving me a run down as to how it goes? i.e. do they help prepare the items? I am getting back into my business, and have a potential host that wants to do a couples show.

TIA

Kim

Definitely some kind of pizza...that always goes well with beer!

what goes with beer? my husband usually. hehehe Hey I had to get it in before KG. But seriously, the old favorite of the hot artichoke dip is good ( I don't drink beer myself so I can't speak from experience), Valky

Ooh, I know! I know!

MORE beer!

Okay -- you guys are making me hungry & thirsty!

But seriously, I'd double check about bringing in food. I know California is different that most states, but there are probably health code issues about feeding the public in a public facility food that was not cooked in a permited kitchen.

We cannot even bring homemade treats to our childrens school/daycare for birthdays here.

Some Bowling alleys don't even allow you to take your own food and drink in:(

Lisa/ChefBear said:
What comes to mind right away are little popper type things, take Beer Batter Bread and scoop into MMP and push a little chunk of a brat into it and bake, it'll become a beer batter brat bite (say that 3 times fast, lol)

Lisa

How long would you bake these? Do you just use the little snack weiners? They sound really good.

jwpamp said:
Oh, come on...EVERYTHING goes with beer!!:D

Haha, I was thinking the exact thing when I read the title to this thread!! Great minds think alike :D

Lisa/ChefBear said:

those do sound great! :D

1. What are some make-ahead beer-friendly snack ideas?

Some make-ahead beer-friendly snack ideas include pecans, muffins, chips and dip, pretzels, popcorn, and mixed nuts. These snacks can be prepared ahead of time and are easy to eat while drinking beer.

2. Is it a good idea to bring snacks to a bowling alley catalog show?

Yes, bringing snacks to a bowling alley catalog show is a great idea. It can help create a fun and relaxed atmosphere, and also provide some sustenance for attendees who may be drinking beer during the event.

3. What kind of snacks should I bring to a bowling alley catalog show?

Some snack ideas for a bowling alley catalog show include finger foods like chips and dip, pretzels, and popcorn, as well as more substantial snacks like muffins or mixed nuts. It's important to consider the type of event and the preferences of the attendees when deciding on snacks to bring.

4. How can I make sure my snacks are suitable for a beer-friendly event?

To ensure your snacks are suitable for a beer-friendly event, it's important to consider the flavor profiles and textures of the snacks. Salty, savory, and crunchy snacks tend to pair well with beer, as well as those that are easy to eat with one hand while holding a drink in the other.

5. Are there any other tips for hosting a successful catalog show at a bowling alley?

Some tips for hosting a successful catalog show at a bowling alley include promoting the event to potential attendees, bringing a variety of catalog products to showcase, and providing fun activities or games to keep attendees engaged. It's also important to make sure the event is well-organized and runs smoothly to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GracedLiving
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies