• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Extra Items Do You Bring to Shows?

In summary, the author is preparing for a show and is looking for advice on what products to bring. People generally bring what they need to show off their product. The author recommends using the catalog and asking each person what their favorite product is and why.
Kate0831
Gold Member
I'm preparing for a show I have tomorrow night. It will be my 4th show overall, and my 2nd show outside of my home (I had 2 grand opening shows). With each show I do I learn a little bit more!It's been a few weeks since my last show, and my inventory of PC items has seriously increased since then. I'm making the rocky road brownies in the DCB tomorrow, but am trying to decide what "extra" products I should bring. I'd love advice on what products are your 'must brings' for shows. What do you really sell a lot of when people can see them in person? The items I'm planning to bring so far are:For recipe
Small batter bowl
Classic batter bowl
Stainless whisk
Mix n scraper
Deep covered baker
Collapsible cooling rack
Serving spoon
Adjustable measuring spoons
Easy read measuring cupTo showcase
Cutting board
Chef’s knife
Utility knife
Food chopper
8” sauté pan
Assortment of rubsAny other suggestions? Thanks!

dcb cookbook
mix n chop
apple wedger (guest special)
trivet & cooking for a cause

I wouldn't bring too much. Use the catalog and utilize your guests!

pchockeymom said:
dcb cookbook
mix n chop
apple wedger (guest special)
trivet & cooking for a cause

I wouldn't bring too much. Use the catalog and utilize your guests!

Oh those are good ones! Thanks!

Personally, I do not take batter bowls as they are a bit too heavy for me and my Orthopedic issues. I will instead take a prep bowl and a stainless bowl. I take my tool turnaround with what I need - a few rubs and my feature recipe item whether it be the DCB or the grill pan & press, cutting board, grinder set and a few small misc. items. I use a crate on wheels and then my big tote - but have to always test it to make sure I can comfortably sling it over my shouldar. I am using the catalog more and more, but it is a long painful process to wean myself from taking all sorts of products - because......"what if someone asks to see it, and I don't have it!"...........:rolleyes:

otisbg said:
Personally, I do not take batter bowls as they are a bit too heavy for me and my Orthopedic issues. ..what if someone asks to see it, and I don't have it!"...........:rolleyes:

I agree about the batter bowls. They are as old as PC so just about everyone knows about them, and they are heavy. I too take the stainless bowls-and now the new bamboo bowl set (but am debating about going back to just the stainless)

As for the "do you have....? and I don't have it..." Here's what I say.."I do have, I just don't have it with me tonight. But I can be sure to bring it and we can use it at YOUR show!"

Love that response!! Will add that to my responses!!

pchockeymom said:
I agree about the batter bowls. They are as old as PC so just about everyone knows about them, and they are heavy. I too take the stainless bowls-and now the new bamboo bowl set (but am debating about going back to just the stainless)

As for the "do you have....? and I don't have it..." Here's what I say.."I do have, I just don't have it with me tonight. But I can be sure to bring it and we can use it at YOUR show!"

I think if I was at a party and the consultant said that to me, it would be a definite turn off. Like, "oh yeah? so you think your are going to trick me into booking party?" But that's my opinion.

I always bring my tool turn about, with lots of tools in it. I bring a cooling rack, stainless steel bowls, cutting board, one knife, Manual food processor (because it's small and light weight), the food chopper, and of course the products I need to prepare the dish the Hostess has chosen to do. I utilize the catalog, and ask each person what their favorite product is and why. Gets everyone looking through the catalog to see each person's item. :)

I bring only what I need for the demo, plus the host special for whatever month I'm trying to book, new cookbooks, and a few pantry items. That's it.

This month, I'm trying to book November, so I'm not bringing anything extra like that - I'm using my DCB and my 8" skillet for the demo recipe, and that's all I need to book!

I always ASK the host, after explaining to her that I only bring some of the catalog, is there anything SHE wants to see and then I bring that. it gets her to make a wish list and think about what she wants which I hope encourages her to have a higher show.

lkhartmann said:
I always ASK the host, after explaining to her that I only bring some of the catalog, is there anything SHE wants to see and then I bring that. it gets her to make a wish list and think about what she wants which I hope encourages her to have a higher show.

I've been doing that, too, and I also ask if she knows of anything in particular somebody wants to see. Many times I'll hear "my friend is looking for a wine bottle opener" or something like that, so I'll know to bring it.

1. What extra cooking tools do you bring to shows?

At Pampered Chef shows, we always bring a variety of cooking tools to demonstrate our products and make delicious recipes. Some of the most commonly used tools include our Mix 'N Chop, Garlic Press, and Food Chopper. We also bring a variety of knives, measuring cups and spoons, and our signature Stoneware pieces.

2. Do you bring any special ingredients to your shows?

Yes, we always bring a selection of ingredients to showcase the versatility and convenience of our products. These can include fresh produce, herbs and spices, pre-made sauces and dressings, and pantry staples like flour and sugar. We also make sure to have any necessary dietary alternatives on hand for those with specific dietary needs.

3. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products you always bring to shows?

While we have a wide range of products to choose from, there are a few that we always make sure to have on hand at our shows. These include our iconic Deep Covered Baker, the versatile Quick Cooker, and the ever-popular Air Fryer. We also bring a variety of our top-selling products, such as the Mix 'N Scraper and the Deluxe Cooking Blender.

4. Do you bring any cleaning supplies to your shows?

Yes, we always make sure to have cleaning supplies on hand to keep our products and work area clean during the show. This includes dish soap, sponges, and towels. We also bring our signature cleaning product, the Kitchen Brush, which is perfect for scrubbing our Stoneware and other non-stick surfaces.

5. Are there any items you recommend bringing to a Pampered Chef show?

While our consultants are well-equipped to provide a successful show, there are a few items that we recommend attendees bring to enhance their experience. These include a pen and notepad for taking down recipe notes, a camera to capture any cooking tips or recipes, and any special ingredients or dietary alternatives that may be needed for specific recipes. We also suggest bringing a positive attitude and an appetite for delicious food!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • cakepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
funmom
  • ChefPeg