• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your New Recruit's Potential: Tips and Strategies

In summary, the conversation is about a new recruit who was initially excited about the person joining their team, but later encountered some strange behavior from the recruit. Despite multiple attempts to contact and encourage the recruit, they have not made any sales and seem uninterested in the business. The speaker's director has suggested calling the recruit to find out what's going on, and the speaker is reminded not to take it personally.
scottcooks
Gold Member
I have a new recruit, and was so excited to see the email PC sent saying she was "in process" on her application online.

but this was a person I had never met, didn't know, and didn't know me!

It was so odd, but I was SOooo excited, I called her to congratulate her as soon as she signed. I am on the West coast and she is in the midwest...it was about 9:55pm her time - sounded like she was getting out of bed to talk to me.

Suddenly when I asked what her plans were for her business in the next couple of months, she got very cold and said it was too late in her house, and that people were trying to sleep (it was about 10:15 her time now).

I've sent 5 encouraging/inspirational emails, called and left several messages, even set a time in email "I'll call you Saturday". When I call, she doesn't answer.

Once I thought it was her, but the person said it was her daughter and didn't know when the "mom" would be home.

She signed in June for a superstarter 1 in July. No sales ever sent in.

My Exec Director suggested to have my director call her and see what's up. Any other suggestions? :confused: It is just weird.

I understand people do occasionally sign up just to get products for $90 instead of $350 - and do nothing. Otherwise, my buisness is finally starting to catch on - I had a $765 show last week, and got a booking from someone in our accounting office for September. :)

That was strange. A Kit-naper in progress, if she hasn't done anything. O well hopefully your director can find something out. Good luck and great sales. The fall should get better with all the new items.

I have had situations like this go both ways.. I have had a couple of recruits that did nothing for the first couple or months, and I have had a kit napper too. I would try calling her or emailing her and ask when is a good time to talk. I think it is a good idea to have your director call as well. And most importantly.... Try not to take it personally. It is hard, we all take these people that don't share our excitment a little hard. Don't give up!

What is the importance of maximizing a new recruit's potential?

Maximizing a new recruit's potential is crucial for the success of your team and the overall growth of your Pampered Chef business. When a new recruit is able to reach their full potential, they will be more motivated, productive, and successful in their role.

How can I help my new recruit reach their full potential?

There are several tips and strategies you can implement to help your new recruit maximize their potential. Some examples include providing clear expectations and goals, offering continuous training and support, and recognizing and rewarding their efforts.

What are some common challenges that new recruits face?

New recruits may face challenges such as feeling overwhelmed by the amount of information and training, lacking confidence in their abilities, and struggling to balance their new business with other responsibilities. It's important to address these challenges and provide guidance and support to help them overcome them.

How can I motivate my new recruit to reach their potential?

Motivation is key in helping your new recruit reach their potential. You can motivate them by setting achievable goals, offering incentives, and celebrating their successes. It's also important to provide positive feedback and encouragement along the way.

Why is it important to continue supporting and developing my new recruit even after they have reached their potential?

Even after a new recruit has reached their potential, it's important to continue supporting and developing them. This will not only help them maintain their success, but also keep them engaged and motivated in their role. Additionally, as they continue to grow and improve, they can become valuable mentors for new recruits on your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • babywings76