• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Director More Concerned With Her Own Success Than Mine?

In summary, Sandy was told that she needed 4 $150 shows or $1250 in total sales in her first month to qualify as a consultant. She did not have 4 shows in her 3 month Super Starter period so she sent in 2 shows in June and August and still qualified.
PamperedJess
My director called me last night and said that I might not "qualify". When I asked her what she meant she really didn't give me a straight answer. I told her I just put a show in for September that was $400.00 and I have one in October and one in November scheduled. She also told me that I might have to send my kit back if I didn't have shows...is this true. I'm a part-time consultant who is fine with doing one show a month because of my full time committments with work. :confused:

To qualify you must submit 4 $150 shows or $1250 total sales in your first month. Is Sept your super starter month?

Now I'm really confused. My super starter month was in July. I thought that I had to have 4 shows in 4 months.

My understanding...is that you can qualify with 4 shows. They don't HAVE to be in your first month...Super Starter bonuses are separate from qualifying...meaning you can qualify and not get a SS bonus. Not sure if you have to have all four shows within your first 3 months (sounds like you will have 3 in your first three), but they won't make you send your kit back even if you do. I thought that as long as you submitted $150 in sales every two months you would be good...

Maybe a director on here can help more,
Sandy

I had the same understanding but the way my director put it it was really confussing. I didn't think they would make you send the kit back either.

Here's what I was told. My director told me you had to have 4 shows of $150 or the $1250. I had 2 shows in june and 2 in august and when i informed my diretor of this she congratulated me on becoming qualified. I didnt earn any of my super starter bonuses and still qualified. I think your director might of just thrown a threat in there to kind of make you do more shows or something. I dont think they will make you send the kit back. but anyways, thats how i did it and i qualified with no problems.

Hi Jess,
First off, I'm apologize that you were given that "threat". I don't believe that to be apropriate of your director as that statement does not help to build (or maintain) a relationship. The great thing about this business is the flexibility it allows you to have, as it is YOUR business...if you decide only to do 1 show a month (which is how I started out) that is your decision. Please note that no one should tell you how to "run" (i.e, times, # of shows, etc.) your business (of course you need to abide by the rules and regulations set forth from The Pampered Chef) but your director, up line, etc., are there to support you and help you learn how to build your business, of which information is yours to utilize as you wish.
In case you are looking to build your own team, I would recommend listening to the CDs provided from Pampered Chef on great ideas/suggestions on building and maintaining your own cluster.
I wish you the best and a very successful business!
Cheers,
Angela

Thanks Monica and Angela. My director and I have had "communication" problems in the past and I didn't think that Pampered Chef would make me send back my kit. The month I started was in July. I had a show then and now I just put one in for September.

PC would never make you send your kit back. You are working. It is not like you took the kit and ran. I am not sure about all the guidelines as they have changed since I signed. I do know you need 4 shows of at least 150.00 or 1250.00 in sales to qualify as a consultant. You could actually hold one show at the 1250.00 level and qualify as a consultant. Someone said you needed 200.00 in each 2 month period to stay active. That is correct, except that you cannot go inactive during your Super Starter months...which I think is 3 months now...when I started it was 6.

Pull out your consultant guide/Recipe For Success and read over the info on qualifying. Maybe your director was just concerned that with September being your 3rd month and the end of your SS months that you might then go inactive. Perhaps she just didn't word it correctly. But if you are already turning in a September show that should take care of that. Good luck with your business. Don't forget, you can always call the Home Office when you have questions. They are very helpful.

Shawnna

Thanks Shawna that was really helpful too. This forum is such a great source!!! :)

DefinitionThe definition of "qualifying" was explained to me like this:

PC gives us the kit, and 3 months (actually like 4 due to the whole Super Starter month 1 being the month you signed, plus your actual first month) and we give them 4 shows $150 or a cumulative guest sales of $1250 during that time.

This time is for us to see if PC is "right for us", and if it something we can successfully do (on our own terms). At the end of this period, you are qualified as a Consultant, meaning that if you were able to either
(A) have 4 shows in 3 months OR
(B) get $1250 in guest sales in 3 months,
then you probably will be successful at the business.

If you couldn't reach those minimums, then it will probably be difficult for you to maintain a good, consistent business (and part-time can very well be a good, consistent business).

I am a BIG question asker, so I thought this was a good explanation for me to understand. We got the kit at such a low price in exchange to do the shows and "test" the business. Its like an introductory period at any company.

Hope this helps, and sorry it is long....

Thanks Ladybug it helped too

acherry said:
Hi Jess,
First off, I'm apologize that you were given that "threat". I don't believe that to be apropriate of your director as that statement does not help to build (or maintain) a relationship. The great thing about this business is the flexibility it allows you to have, as it is YOUR business...if you decide only to do 1 show a month (which is how I started out) that is your decision. Please note that no one should tell you how to "run" (i.e, times, # of shows, etc.) your business (of course you need to abide by the rules and regulations set forth from The Pampered Chef) but your director, up line, etc., are there to support you and help you learn how to build your business, of which information is yours to utilize as you wish.
In case you are looking to build your own team, I would recommend listening to the CDs provided from Pampered Chef on great ideas/suggestions on building and maintaining your own cluster.
I wish you the best and a very successful business!
Cheers,
Angela

I agree!!! :D

MY MOUTH DROPPED when I read that she told you you may have to send your kit back!
You go at YOUR PACE!! She must want you to help carry HER thru!!
This is your business... I don't think I 'qualified' for SIX months! (I needed 6 shows.) Keep that kit! Work your business your way.
She is there to encourage you -and to give you help and advice when you need it.
I am appalled that she would threaten you like that.
I'm glad there is this website we can come to when we aren't sure of things!
Nicole

I edited this after looking when i had my 6th show... I signed in November and my 6th show was in MAY.... 6 months.. i had originally thought it was four. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow! Either it was explained to me wrong, or I understood wrong. Probably the latter! That's a huge relief, because I was wondering how I was going to fit 4 shows in this month. My kit arrived yesterday, and I was giving my hosts at least a couple of weeks before their show so that they could invite, etc. I thought the end of Sept was going to be super busy! I know that if I want that roaster pan, I had better sell my $1250 by the end of the month, but reading this thread has taken a great weight off my shoulders. Now I can slow down just a bit and not feel so frazzled!

I have an upline director and I'm almost tempted to send her the email that my director sent me about sending the kit back. I just don't think that she realizes that she is acting this way towards the consultants.

They won't make you send your kit back. I became a consultant a few years ago. I had 2 shows. They were both pretty decent shows. Due to circumstances in life I quit doing PC. No, I am not a kit napper, I just was not able to continue. I actually felt bad about keeping my kit. I tried to find out what to do with it and really never got an answer so I kept it. I guess they really couldn't use the products after they had already been opened and used so what's the point of making you send your kit back? Now I am back in PC and going strong. I am lovin it.

Marie

PamperedJess said:
I have an upline director and I'm almost tempted to send her the email that my director sent me about sending the kit back. I just don't think that she realizes that she is acting this way towards the consultants.

If it bothers you that much (which it would me!) I would send it to your upline and tell her that you aren't trying to cause any problems, but you want to make her aware of how one of her director's is giving out false information. What is that anyway some sort of scare tactic?? Let us know what happens.

Thanks so much for the advice I really appreciate it. I will send the email this weekend and post a message when I get a response. I don't think it's right and it really has bothered me.

Sent an email early yesterday morning to my upline and still haven't heard back from her. She is usually very ontop of things and answers my emails very promptly.

This Is From My UplineThe company has the right to ask for the kit back if you don't have the intention of trying to establish a business. That was the purpose of listing your first shows on your original kit application. It is rare that they do this.

To stay active, you need to submit $200 in sales every other month.

That is just craziness!

It sounds like this director is pushing you to "qualify" for her own personal reasons, as most recruiting incentives rest upon a recruit qualifying within a certain time period.

According to the Consultant Agreement (which, btw, does not refer to "Qualify" in its terminology): Upon termination of this Agreement, Company will refund to Kitchen Consultant 90 percent of Kitchen Consultant’s purchase price on any unused and resaleable product samples or inventory purchased within 12 months of the date of termination should Kitchen Consultant return such products.

To me, this means that the onus to return a kit is on the Kitchen Consultant and not the company! Nowhere could I find in this agreement does it discuss a company requirement to return a kit.

Now, according to the Q&A download on the PC website, the term "qualify" is just benchmark that newbies reach and a goal to get you started on the right foot (which is why it's not in the contract)...to quote: "Becoming a "qualified" Kitchen Consultant is a meaningful accomplishment in a new Consultant's career with The Pampered Chef. It signifies that the Consultant has completed those important first Kitchen Shows that help to launch a business".

As is evident, it's easy to interpret different things in different ways and it's unfortunate that some may give wrong interpretations for their own needs....but, as I think Beth has said in several posts: Go to the source (PC Home Office) and get it in writing.

Hope this helps!
maria

What your Director needsMaybe the problem with your director is that she's more concerned with what SHE needs from YOU rather than the other way around!!! To actually make money as a Director, your "team" (i.e. your recruits and any recruits THEY recruit) as a unit need to make at least $6000 a month (in Canada), otherwise the Director does not get a percentage of sales. I notice that a few directors have trouble with the line between encouragement/leadership and harassment/bullying, likely because they have a stake in how successful you are in your business.
D.C.

What does "qualifying" mean at Pampered Chef?

Qualifying at Pampered Chef means meeting certain requirements or criteria in order to receive certain benefits, rewards, or promotions.

What are the qualifications for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

In order to become a Pampered Chef consultant, you must be at least 18 years old, have a valid Social Security number, and be a legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico.

How do I qualify for the Pampered Chef host program?

To qualify for the Pampered Chef host program, you must have a minimum of $200 in guest sales and at least two guests who purchase during your party. You will also need to host your party within a certain time frame and meet any other requirements set by Pampered Chef.

What are the benefits of qualifying as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Qualifying as a Pampered Chef consultant can lead to various benefits such as receiving higher commission rates, earning free products, and being eligible for promotions and incentives.

How can I track my qualifications at Pampered Chef?

You can track your qualifications at Pampered Chef by logging into your consultant account and viewing your progress towards any current qualifications or promotions. You can also contact your mentor or Pampered Chef support for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • CooknSteph
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Bren706