• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent What Does It Mean When Creditcard Doesn't "Hide"

In summary, when a credit card doesn't "hide," it means that the full credit card number is visible on statements or transactions. This can be due to a security breach, incorrect settings, or technical errors. It is unsafe to use a credit card in this state and important to contact the credit card company to take necessary actions to protect the account. To prevent this from happening, regular monitoring, setting up fraud alerts, and being cautious when sharing information online are recommended. It is not recommended to use a credit card that doesn't "hide" for online purchases, and if this happens, it is important to request a new card with a different number. In case of fraudulent charges, the cardholder will not be held responsible if the issue
kam
Staff member
I am ready to close a show and I am nowentering in the credit card numbers.

I have to say that I have never had an issue with a credit card (holds or whatever) before.

Each time I enter in a Credit Card #, it usually ***** it out when I go to the next field, but it didn't this time.

Is that a hint that I don't have a valid CC#??

Yes... I think so... you will want to call that guest and just say that you are double checking the numbers ... if it is correct, it should show you just the last 4 digits when you click enter or tab over.

It means that you don't have the correct numbers.

ditto of above - i have had that before.

Thank you all!! I have never had that before - so I was sure it must mean something.

I didn't want to submit the show with a wrong # - only to have it go on hold.
I wonder if it would have let me submit...?? I didnt get that far.

I called and got the right number.

Thanks again!

No, it would not have let you submit the show until you resolved the issue because the computer was telling you that it was not a valid payment. ;)Glad that you were able to get the right number. :D

1. What does it mean when my credit card doesn't "hide"?

When a credit card doesn't "hide," it means that the full credit card number is visible on your statement or in a transaction. This could be due to a security breach, incorrect settings on your account, or a technical error. It is important to contact your credit card company immediately to report this issue and take necessary actions to protect your account.

2. Is it safe to use a credit card that doesn't "hide"?

No, it is not safe to use a credit card that doesn't "hide." This means that your full credit card number is easily visible to anyone who has access to your statement or transaction. It is important to take immediate action and contact your credit card company to resolve this issue and protect your account from potential fraud.

3. How can I prevent my credit card from not "hiding"?

To prevent your credit card from not "hiding," it is important to regularly monitor your credit card statements and transactions for any suspicious activity. You can also set up fraud alerts and notifications on your account to be alerted of any unusual or unauthorized charges. Additionally, be cautious when sharing your credit card information online and only make purchases from secure and trusted websites.

4. Can I still use a credit card that doesn't "hide" for online purchases?

No, it is not recommended to use a credit card that doesn't "hide" for online purchases. This could put your credit card information at risk of being stolen by hackers or scammers. It is important to contact your credit card company and request a new card with a different number to ensure the safety of your account.

5. Will I be held responsible for any fraudulent charges if my credit card doesn't "hide"?

If your credit card doesn't "hide" due to a security breach or technical error, you will not be held responsible for any fraudulent charges. However, it is important to report the issue to your credit card company as soon as possible to avoid any potential liability. It is also recommended to regularly check your credit card statements for any unauthorized charges and report them immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • JTNT8704