• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Wear to Increase Sales at Parties?

N
noradawn
Another thread got me thinking about this. I wear khakis and a PC t-shirt. I would guess that this may be a little on the casual side. I'm curious about what the rest of you wear. If you vary what you wear, have you noticed a relationship between the way you dress and sales? I feel like I look pretty good- I put on a little make-up and pull my hair back neatly- but I wonder if I wore button-down shirts and pressed slacks if my sales would increase. I hate ironing!

I usually wear a nice pair of pants (not jeans) and a button up shirt. I figure, as long as I'm am wearing something one notch above what the guests are wearing, then I'm okay. I wear khaki's, dress pants, or colored cotton pants, and I will wear capris in the summer (not jean). My shirts vary from button ups to polo shirts. The only time I wear casual is for my Jimmy Buffett shows or Luau shows where I ask the guests to wear their wildest hawaiian shirt, and then I wear mine too. :)

I usually wear a PC short or a polo, but I have started wearing jeans. I figure, one of the plusses of owning your own business is to be able to dress how you like and I like jeans. Of course, I always wear nice-looking ones, no holes or worn spots, of course. I also think it makes most guests more comfortable, like I am one of "them" and not an outsider. Anyway, during the show I am usually wearing an apron and standing behind a table or counter, so no one can really see my pants. I always pull my hair back, too, so people can se my face. I think it's a good idea to be as inconspicuous as possible as shows because you want the guests focusing on the products, not your appearance.

I understand where you are coming from...you definitely want to be comfortable! I spend a lot of time in front of my table and walking around to the guests. Whenever I demo, I'm behind my table, but whenever I'm talking about bookings, stoneware, recruiting, introductions, etc, I'm in front of the table. I think it makes me personalize and bond with the group better, and feel more like part of the crowd.

I think it's important to look professional. I know that you can do that in many ways, with many looks. I just choose to dress up a little bit. I know I feel better when I get dressed up, so that usually helps with my shows. I always have my hair pulled away from my face, and wear makeup. People are booking because they like YOU--they could love Pampered Chef, but if I looked thrown together, they'd find a new consultant. I want them to like me, trust me, and feel confident in the woman making their food :p

show clothesI personally wear a skirt and a nice T shirt. ( I always wear skirts so this part is no big deal to me ) ;) I am just being myself.

I usually wear nice casual pants (cords, khakis, etc), not jeans, and a short sleeved shirt. I found that long sleeves got in the way and it doesn't look too good when you are wearing your recipe on your sleeve. Also, with short sleeves you can show off your simply charming bracelet.

I have short hair so I don't need to worry about it getting in the way. Of course I make sure my hair is tidy, my finger nails are clean (any polish chips are tidy-ed up), and my makeup is simple. I also make sure I don't have anything in my teeth and my breath is fresh. You do have to talk face to face to your guests eventually.

I usually wear khaki's and a nice sweater or shirt with a nice pair of shoes. Now that I'm pregnant, I still wear a nice outfit, but I wear my tennis shoes.

I've been wondering too.I've given this some thought lately so I'm glad that you brought this up. In the past I've kind of worn what I thought the host would be comfortable with. If the host is very jeans and T-shirt relaxed that's what I wear. If it is a professional person I'll dress up a little. But I think I decided that I'm going to start dressing up more to my shows even if everyone else is real casual I think it adds to how people will percieve you, so I'm going to be wearing skirt and blouse with my apron.

I usually wear the same thing to all my shows. I either wear a Khaki skirt or pants (capri's in the summer) and a white shirt with a pair of mules or clogs. I plan on getting some PC shirts and then I will wear them as well.

Tracy

Me, too!I'm like Tracy, I would love to have a PC polo. They are casual & comfortable w/ our logo on them.

I've gotten away from wearing my apron, but I do have a home-made PC name-tag that I wear. This way people can look at my name when writing out their checks.

I, too usually wear Khakis & a nice shirt. After 4 kids, my temp. zone stays a little on the hot side, so I try to dress cool.

I've also started sitting through some of my down-time (when something's baking, door prize give away,etc.) to get on the customer's level. They are usually sitting while I'm demoing. This has produced some definite bookings, because I feel like I'm sitting down with them to help them browse through the catalog, add up their receipts, answer questions, etc. & I don't want to hover over them the whole show.

Whatever I can dig out of the hamper!Whatever I can dig out of the hamper! Just kidding! I usually wear the denim PC button down shirt. I just bought a Polo shirt, but I'm not so sure... my boobs look HUGE!!! :eek: Not that that's a problem per se, I just don't want anyone to be confused about what I'm selling! LOL

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh Anne! :D

That's what I'm here for!You're welcome!

I guess I'm like most of you - I wear khakis, dress pants and a nice shirt. I always wear a necklace too (no matter where I go - I have so many) and I also wear my PC charm bracelet ;) ! And my hair is straight as a board, won't ever curl so my hair styles are pretty limited, up in a pony tail or down! Anyway, I try to look nice for my shows. Even if I am going out grocery shopping, playdates, etc because I wear my PC shoulder tote and don't want anyone to associate PC with frumpy looking consultants. I met a PC consultant a long time ago (before my PC days anyway) and whenever I saw her she always looked tired and just thrown together - it just seemed unprofessional. I'm not saying I try to look like a walking Gap advertisment everytime I leave the house, but I do care about how I dress, etc - it can really reflect how you feel inside too! :)

I live in Utah, and most PC Consultants here are VERY casual. I wanted to stand out, so I always wear dress slacks, a buttoned downed shirt, and HEELS! :eek: Not that I'm a Diva or anything :rolleyes: , but I am just under five feet tall, so the heels are a necessity so everyone can SEE me standing behind the counter/table! :D

Hi Bonnie I was just wondering who your director is in Ut I started out from Springville and grew up in Orem I have an Aunt and Uncle that also live in Santiquinn

kitchenqueen said:
I met a PC consultant a long time ago (before my PC days anyway) and whenever I saw her she always looked tired and just thrown together - it just seemed unprofessional. I'm not saying I try to look like a walking Gap advertisment everytime I leave the house, but I do care about how I dress, etc - it can really reflect how you feel inside too! :)
I never want to look tired. I want to look good and like I enjoy doing this, which I do. There are times I run to the grocery store in sweats looking crappy, but most of the time I, too, try to look my best. I am on the heavy side, so I feel like I need to make an extra effort. My sister in law could wear a burlap sack and look fabulous.

chefjulie_sc said:
I'm like Tracy, I would love to have a PC polo. They are casual & comfortable w/ our logo on them.

I've gotten away from wearing my apron, but I do have a home-made PC name-tag that I wear. This way people can look at my name when writing out their checks.

I, too usually wear Khakis & a nice shirt. After 4 kids, my temp. zone stays a little on the hot side, so I try to dress cool.

I've also started sitting through some of my down-time (when something's baking, door prize give away,etc.) to get on the customer's level. They are usually sitting while I'm demoing. This has produced some definite bookings, because I feel like I'm sitting down with them to help them browse through the catalog, add up their receipts, answer questions, etc. & I don't want to hover over them the whole show.

I'm with on being on the hot side. I'm going to my 3rd show tomorrow - I plan to wear my khakis pants and a Coldwater Creek tee-shirt (ruffly color - they look corporate-feminine- casual) under my apron.

I like the idea of sitting with them at their level and all - - but think I might freeze up if I were to want to "mingle" while they lookover the catalogs; how to do you keep yourself from hovering and going on and on about the products? :)

AJPratt said:
Whatever I can dig out of the hamper! Just kidding! I usually wear the denim PC button down shirt. I just bought a Polo shirt, but I'm not so sure... my boobs look HUGE!!! :eek: Not that that's a problem per se, I just don't want anyone to be confused about what I'm selling! LOL
Too funny! It does make me think of a line I use periodically at my shows when discussing our silicone line of products, the scrapers, new tongs and trivet/mitt. After describing the products and their ability to stand up to the heat, etc... I always make a comment that Pampered Chef found the next best use of silicone (as I am pulling on the sides of my shirt where the bra straps are). It always gets a laugh.

In answer to the thread: Usually capris and a PC shirt or theme shirt for the occassion. Winter months, it's dressier pressed jeans and a PC sweatshirt or whatever. Today it was a pair of capris and a Halloween decorated shirt.

I wore denim capris during the summer, but I don't think I'll be wearing jeans in the winter. I haven't really decided. I may just decide on a case by case basis.

kitchenqueen said:
I guess I'm like most of you - I wear khakis, dress pants and a nice shirt. I always wear a necklace too (no matter where I go - I have so many) and I also wear my PC charm bracelet ;) ! And my hair is straight as a board, won't ever curl so my hair styles are pretty limited, up in a pony tail or down! Anyway, I try to look nice for my shows. Even if I am going out grocery shopping, playdates, etc because I wear my PC shoulder tote and don't want anyone to associate PC with frumpy looking consultants. I met a PC consultant a long time ago (before my PC days anyway) and whenever I saw her she always looked tired and just thrown together - it just seemed unprofessional. I'm not saying I try to look like a walking Gap advertisment everytime I leave the house, but I do care about how I dress, etc - it can really reflect how you feel inside too! :)

Erika, it's so funny you said that - since joining I do make an extra effort not to look (and thus feel) frumpy! I view every conversation as a "potential" host or recruit opportunity! :)

Susan, you are soo right! One of the other ladies in my cluster was at the bank making a deposit and the teller asked her about all of the checks. She booked a party with her!! You just never know!

1. What should I wear to increase sales at parties?

The most important thing to keep in mind when deciding what to wear to increase sales at parties is to dress in a way that makes you feel confident and professional. This could vary depending on the type of party and the audience, but generally, it is recommended to dress in business casual attire.

2. Is it important to dress differently for parties compared to regular work attire?

It is not necessary to have a completely different wardrobe for parties compared to regular work attire. However, it is important to dress appropriately for the atmosphere and audience at the party. You can still maintain a professional look while incorporating some fun and festive elements into your outfit.

3. Does what I wear really have an impact on sales?

While there is no direct correlation between what you wear and sales, dressing professionally and confidently can help make a good first impression with potential customers. It can also help you feel more confident and comfortable, which can positively affect your sales pitch and interactions with others.

4. How important is personal grooming when it comes to sales at parties?

Personal grooming, including things like wearing a little makeup and having neat hair, can also contribute to making a good first impression. It shows that you take care of yourself and pay attention to details, which can be an attractive quality to potential customers.

5. What are some other tips for dressing to increase sales at parties?

Aside from dressing professionally and confidently, it is also important to consider the venue and audience when choosing an outfit. For example, if the party is at a more formal setting, you may want to opt for a slightly dressier outfit. Additionally, make sure your clothes are clean and wrinkle-free to give off a polished and put-together appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies