1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What do you think of this?

1. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

So I've had my info on a flyer posted in a break room on my floor. I was looking at some of the other flyers with my husband and noticed someone has posted a recruiting flyer with the free DCB not but 2 feet from mine. Do you consider this fair? Isn't this kind of like booking a booth when you know there is already a consultant there?

Just trying to figure out how I should feel about this. Part of me says she shouldn't have done that, and then another part is saying, hey it's a bulliten board!

Apr 10, 2009
  2. Symara

no one has an opinion???

really i'm just bumping it, it's not on new posts now.

Apr 10, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It's not on your new posts anymore - but it would be on new posts for people who haven't read it yet. :)

I'm not sure what I think. Is this someone that you knew was selling PC also?
    Is this someone you know?

I would think it was someone who saw an opportunity and took it - we don't have territories w/ PC, and you are right, a bulletin board is a bulletin board.

I would move my info away from hers though, and include something with mine that people will want. (like recipe cards w/ my info in them or something like that.)

Apr 10, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

The flyer is at your work? So you know the other consultant?

Apr 10, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

To me this is no different from two consultants having a mutual friend. Both consultants might email that friend about specials. No need to be upset. It's just 2 people taking advantage of public space.

I agree with Becky about making sure yours stands out, though.

Apr 10, 2009
  6. Symara

I do not know her, but yes it is a public space on a buliten board at work. I just didn't know how to take it. I know personally I would not post anything to compete with another consultant. I guess I need to make up a new flyer to put out.

thanks everyone.

Apr 10, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Try to think of it this way. If you were standing in a group of people and someone said, "I'm a PC Consultant," would you say, "Me, too," or keep quiet? Basically she's just saying, "Me, too."

Apr 10, 2009
  8. Symara

yeah, i've decided to not let it "irk" me. Just go with the flow and make a better flyer ;)

Apr 10, 2009
Have something to add?