• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Think About the Suds Pump?

In summary, the Suds Pump is a device that some people have had success with and others have not. It tends to die on people after a short amount of time. The soap used with it does not usually last very long. There are also problems with the mechanisms of the pumps.
kam
Staff member
I have a friend thinking of ordering a Suds Pump and I have never had one.

If you have it - do you like it?
Does it last?
What kind of soap do you use?

Thanks so much!

Some people have good luck with them, I do not. The spring dies on me before the end of the first bottle. I have taken to just using a regular softsoap pump and watering that down instead. I don't get the foam, but I'm not using lots of soap. That's important with a 4-year-old in the house who likes to play in the sink.

Maybe it's just me.

I'm shocked to hear you say they wear out. I don't have the PC one, but have the ones from Bath and Body works, and have been refilling those. I had one that wore out after about 5 or 6 refills, but wasn't too disappointed since they weren't supposed to be refillable anyways. I have been wanting to get one of these.

I have had at least 6 different mechanisms that have all died on me. My current one is working, but I only use it at shows, no household use. Too bad, because I loved having one for dish soap and one in the bathroom. I used plain soap, no moistuizing or beads in the soap and it died by the bottom of the first bottle.

It might just be I got bad ones, but I am gunshy now after all that bad luck.

Mine has never died on me, and I've had it for years and it works great. I do think it's ridiculously ugly, though and in desperate need of a restyling.

I have been a consultant for 8 years and the one in my kitchen is probably nearly that old. I use our Lemon Rosemary soap in it. It still has the original mechanism but it doesn't always pop back up. I can pull it up and it still works just fine. I am kind of a tree hugger so I like that i am not using a lot of soap, buying new bottles all the time and throwing away a lot of plastic containers-I bought the lemon soap when it first came out and am still on the original bottle!

Okay, I've only had mine since june, but I love it. I also live that I can use the more expensive soap and it lasts longer.I wish we still had Lemon Rosemary soap. that sounds great.

not popping back up is what I was talking about. It would do that before the end of the first use. I was able to pull it back up for maybe one or two more uses before it just quit working altogether.

Because I know how much soap most people overuse, I water down what I have so I'm still doing my part. I just use a pump that doesn't foam. I have noticed that the commercial foaming soaps have the same problem with their pump mechanisms. So it's not a PC issue.

I've had mine for about 12 years. It's gone through my two children plus about 14 other children through 9 years of daycare. It still works like the first day I got it. Doesn't stick, works great!

Mine sticks so bad we stopped using it after a few times. Not a big fan. BUT LOVE the spritzer!

i'm on my 2nd pc one in 1yr. the instructions says you can take apart the mechanism & wash the parts, but it hasn't worked for us. soooo much sticking and i just hate that!

We've used the same one for about 10 years in our bathroom. We have another that we've used for almost as long in the kitchen. (The Furry Guy still uses that one, though I switched to an automatic dispenser in the kitchen at the beginning of the year*.) A third one in the utility room has been in use for over five years. We love them. *I like the automatic dispenser because so often my hands are covered in germy stuff when I go to use the soap. I tend to let the water run while I'm working with meats, so this helps me avoid cross-contamination.

I JUST received mine (along with the spritzer) last night in my first bonus swag order. With five kids at home all under the age of 11, I will be able to field test it beyond its engineered limits. Stand by for a report.

Love the Suds Pump and the spritzer. AND...my director still has the lemon rosemary soap and MAN does that stuff smell GOOOOD!!! I wish we still carried it!

kcjodih said:
I've had mine for about 12 years. It's gone through my two children plus about 14 other children through 9 years of daycare. It still works like the first day I got it. Doesn't stick, works great!

What soap do you put in it?

LOVE My spritzer!! I have the original one I bought with my first show as a hostess in 2000! I always release the pressure on it and make sure to run the mechanism through the dishwasher at the end of the bottle. If it stops "spraying," I swap mechanisms and I'm set.

I HIGHLY recommend my cheap Pam! The best part is that it doesn't stink like Pam does!

If your water has deposits such as lime or rust, it will screw up the pump. I use the cheapest distilled water in mine and haven't had a problem since the change. Also, it needs to be used continually, not good in a guest bath where it sees little action. :love:

I agree - I have hard well water and the suds pump will freeze up on me in less than 6 months. It is really irritating. I recommend it only to people who have a water softener or city water.

lt1jane said:
LOVE My spritzer!! I have the original one I bought with my first show as a hostess in 2000! I always release the pressure on it and make sure to run the mechanism through the dishwasher at the end of the bottle. If it stops "spraying," I swap mechanisms and I'm set.

I HIGHLY recommend my cheap Pam! The best part is that it doesn't stink like Pam does!

You can use higher temp oils so they won't ruin your cookware like PAM can too. :)

I have one and I use it in my kitchen and take it with me to shows and I have never had a problem. I love it, I just use Dawn dish washing soap in it.

dhclemons said:
If your water has deposits such as lime or rust, it will screw up the pump. I use the cheapest distilled water in mine and haven't had a problem since the change. Also, it needs to be used continually, not good in a guest bath where it sees little action. :love:

this must be my problem! we have very hard water. i'll try using the distilled water & see if that makes a difference. thanks for the tip!

Does anyone else have customers who complain about the suds pump tipping over? A few this evening complained about it and wished that it had a wider base and/or a non-slip surface on the bottom. Anyone else hearing things like this??

Thanks!!

That's a new one on me, Jill.

1. What is the Suds Pump used for?

The Suds Pump is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for dispensing dish soap, hand soap, or lotion. It is also great for portion control, as it dispenses a consistent amount each time.

2. Is the Suds Pump easy to use?

Yes, the Suds Pump is very easy to use. Simply fill the container with your desired liquid, place the pump on top, and press down to dispense. It requires minimal effort and is great for those with limited hand strength.

3. Can the Suds Pump be used for thick liquids?

Yes, the Suds Pump is designed to work with a variety of liquids, including thicker ones like lotion or hand soap. However, it may require a few extra pumps to dispense these thicker liquids.

4. Is the Suds Pump dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Suds Pump is top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. We recommend disassembling the pump before placing it in the dishwasher.

5. How much liquid does the Suds Pump dispense with each pump?

The Suds Pump dispenses about 2.5 ml of liquid with each pump, making it great for portion control and minimizing waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pampered1224