• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Taking Too Much to Your Shows?

or to cook it!" I put another ice cube in the saute pan and demonstrate how the heat from the stove melts the cube and the water begins to boil. I ask the volunteer to take her hand out of the pan, and I say, "See, it worked! Now, why don't you try putting the pan on the stove." (She does, and the water boils again.) I ask her, "Do you notice how the water doesn't boil over the edge of the pan?" "Yes, it doesn't." She replies. I tell her, "That's because the Pampered Chef cookware has a spill-proof design. If you put the pan on the stove and start cooking,
PamG
Hi I'm wondering what you take to shows? I'm taking a table of item's to display and then the item's I cook with. It is really to much stuff in my
opinion. I want to simplify my shows.

I realized that I'm taking to much stuff and not working hard enough on selling item's at my shows. Many of my shows are ending up with
people in two different rooms. Then me in the kitchen.

Thanks,
PamG

i try to take the things i use, of course and then some of the higher priced items to show and pass around. if i dont use the cookware to cook with i use the ice demo. i would also suggest taking the spring stuff. alot of people would be curious to see it firsthand. i usually end up taking to much stuff to but at the same time if i dont someone will want to see somethig i forgot!! maybe bring it and just not unpack it?

You will find it's MUCH easier when you lighten the load! Our catalog is absolutely beautiful so don't forget to use that! The pictures are so colorful and pretty to look at. That's a great way to sell other products so you don't have to bring everything! I usually bring just a few more items than what I use in the demo. I always take a piece of stoneware, cookware and Simple Additions (usually I bring the Entertaining Set because everyone loves this). If I'm using a piece of stoneware or cookware that fits in a Woven Selections piece, I try to bring that. I find that when I show that, I usually sell a couple. Especially the Round Tray with the Large Round Stone.

If you have the new products, maybe just bring a couple of the colorful pieces because that can really spruce up a display you might do. Just don't overload yourself. That'll make the job harder for you and it may scare off any potential recruits because they may think it looks to hard to bring all that stuff.

Hope that helps!:D

by bring less you are making it a much more inviting business for any potential recruits. If they see you carrying a ton of stuff they might not want to do it themselves. I bring what I'm going to using and maybe one or two of the new products.

I also ask my hosts during the first call to make sure to ask their guests if there is any product they want to see first hand. And if I don't have it I borrow it from someone else.

Thanks for the ideas and what is the ice demo?Hi Thanks for the idea's about what you take to your shows.
I do believe taking to much is a bad thing.

What is the ice demo?

I have been taking all the new products that I have and that fills a table
up in and of itself.

I'm wondering if taking some kind of crates then putting item's on top
of them to display is a better plan than setting up a whole other table.

PamG >>Thanks.... it just seems like I've lots to learn.

There are a couple of different versions of the Ice Cube Demo. Here's what I do:

At a show, I put a styrofoam plate on the counter and I ask for a volunteer. I say, "We all plan our meals in advance, right? We all (I raise my hand and
encourage others to do so) take chicken out of the freezer and put it into the refrigerator a day and a half in advance right?" No one raises their hands, and
they all laugh. "Of course, we don't. We take meat out of the freezer and plunk it on the counter, still in the package from the store." (Here I pick up the styrofoam plate and show it around and place it back on the counter.)

I ask my volunteer to hold out her hand flat, and place the small saute pan on her hand. "Our cookware is made of hard anodized aluminum, which means not only light weight and strength, it also offers superior heat transfer. That's great for cooking, but you can use it to defrost food, too!" I place an ice cube on the styrofoam plate and put one in the saute pan. The volunteer will usually exclaim, "Look at that!" because the cube immediately begins to
melt, it builds a puddle quickly and she will usually say (especailly if I ask her!) "I can feel the cold on my hand!"

"That's the superior heat transfer offered by Pampered Chef cookware." I tell them. "Not just for cooking, but this cookware will pull the heat from the kitchen to defrost the food that you put in the pan. The heat transfer rate of our cookware is also far superior to a ceramic plate that you might use for defrosting, too!"

The volunteer walks around showing everyone, and when the cube is gone, I do the marshamallow-rice krispie treat demo. If time permits, I like to demo the ice cream dipper, too. The ice cube sitting on the styromfoam plate hasn't even begun to puddle (it reminds them of the dramatic demo they saw 10 minutes ago!) I usually say something like, "Well, look at this! Your chicken breast still hasn't begun to defrost!" I ask for another "hot blooded" volunteer, and let her hold the ice cream dipper. I place the ice cube from the styromfoam plate in the scoop and let her melt the ice cube.

I've sold several pieces of cookware with this, not to mention, several ice cream dippers.

My director takes her tool turn around and what she needs for her demo. That is basically it. Lately she has been bringing a rectangular woven selections with some of the spring products, too. I have been very motivated to keep my packing to a minimum. I don't want potential recruits to think that the job is all about shlepping stuff around.

I pack the tool turn around, whatever pans or stones I am using, my paperwork and my folded crate. All this fits in the carryall from the show to go line. I have a separate stoneware tote and can fit my 8" saute pans into it. That's about it!

I would LOVE to figure out a way to limit my paperwork though. It weighs a TON. I think I might just start using outside order forms instead of the triplicate ones.

Boxes???do you take your things out of the boxes to pack? I am a newbie and i leave my stuff in the box (the pink polka dot HWC) and my stone. This takes up room and my first show I had to have 2 crates.

I now have the tool turnabout tote so that may make some more room.

Thanks for the idea w/ the cookware.. awesome!

Thank you for sharing the ice cube demo. I'm going to try that at one of my shows!! What a great thing to share!

TinasKitchen said:
do you take your things out of the boxes to pack? I am a newbie and i leave my stuff in the box (the pink polka dot HWC) and my stone. This takes up room and my first show I had to have 2 crates.

I now have the tool turnabout tote so that may make some more room.

Thanks for the idea w/ the cookware.. awesome!
Although that's a nice idea so you can protect everything, that definitely adds more load to what you're bringing! Especially as you start to accumulate all the FREE products!:)

Rule of thumb....if you can't get it all in, in 2 trips you have TOO much. :eek: I usually make 3 trips (tee hee). The last time I used the ice cream dipper to melt ice I sold 5 of them. ;) Its a great demo and shows how easily it'll slide through the ice cream.

1. What types of products do you take to shows?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide variety of kitchen tools and gadgets that are perfect for any home cook. This includes cookware, bakeware, knives, kitchen accessories, and more! We also have a selection of delicious food products and mixes that can be sampled and purchased at shows.

2. How do you decide which products to bring to each show?

We carefully curate our product selection for each show based on the theme or purpose of the event, as well as the target audience. We also take into consideration the season and any new or popular products that our customers may be interested in trying out.

3. Can I purchase products at the show or do I have to order them online?

Yes, you can purchase products directly at the show! Our consultants will have a variety of products available for immediate purchase, and you can also place an order for any items that may be out of stock. Our goal is to make it as convenient as possible for our customers to get the products they want.

4. Are there any special deals or discounts available at shows?

Yes, we often have exclusive deals and discounts available at our shows. These may include discounted bundles, limited-time offers, or free gifts with purchase. Be sure to ask your consultant about any current promotions at the show.

5. Can I try out the products before purchasing them?

Absolutely! We encourage our customers to try out any products they are interested in before making a purchase. Our consultants will have samples available for you to use and try out during the show, so you can experience the quality and functionality of our products firsthand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampered.chris