• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Take to Conference?

In summary, take business cards, a notebook, comfortable clothes, shoes, tylenol and cold medicine, band-aids, and postcards/catalogs to show off your new products.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Hello Everyone,

This will be my first time at conference (I've only been with PC 6 months). I was wondering if any 'conference veterans' could give me ideas what I should take with me besides business cards, bottled water, pen and paper, planner (maybe?) and comfy shoes.

Thanks so much,

Jodi H

I have a list (at home) that is "What to take with me to conference". I'll post it when it get home.

You should take business cards to pass out to those you meet at the airport, classes, hotel, etc.
You need to take a notebook with you (my director put together this awesome binder for me last year...I used it at Leadership as well. Inside there were dividers for each of the days and classes with a paper that had "Call to action" where I would put the 3 most important things I learned and what I planned to put into action immediately. There was also an envelope for me to put receipts from meals.
You also might want to take a camera to take pictures of the new products all displayed....get cool ideas there. (Plus pictures of your fun time!)
You will want to take comfortable clothes, but you can't wear shorts or jeans. Comfortable shoes are a must...take an extra pair in case you get blisters. (I never get blisters, but did last year. Think it was the airplane that made my feet swell a bit)
BAND-AIDS are a must along with tylenol and cold medicine in case you get sick.
Leave room in your suitcase for bringing things home with you. I bought postcards and stuff with the new products on them. (cheaper and no shipping) I also mailed lots from Chicago so bring stamps and a mailing list from Pampered Partner.
You might want to bring a phone list too since you will be SO EXCITED! That is the best time to call past hosts or potentials.
They give us a bag each time at conference to carry our stuff around.
I will post my list at home in case I forgot anything.

What to take with you to conferenceHere is a list of things to take with you to conference. I got this from my director last year. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• conference checklist.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 737
  • ConfSurvivalTips.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 721
IN addition to all that you need to bring to conf. Is there an estimate of how much spending money you need and how much the hotels run there? I am just curious as to how much in the end it costs to go to conf. so I can save up to go next year. DH is starting a new job next week so this year it just isnt possible; In addition I have a 6 month old that no one can watch. I really would like to go but... just isnt feasible this year. :(

Debbie

You usually share a room with 3 other people and that makes the room costs really reasonable. Last year I stayed at the conference hotel for 4 days and my part was 154. A lot of the meals are covered. I took $150, but don't think I even used all that.

Ginger, for some reason I couldn't open your attachments. Would you mind emailing them to me? Thanks so much!

Tracy in Idaho
[email protected]

Thanks for posting those docs, Ginger!! This will be my first conference, and I can't wait!!

I also bring an address list of past hosts and potential hosts and a bunch of 1st class stamps. At conference we usually have the opportunity to purchase new season preview post cards or mini-catalogs and I send them directly from conference. Then follow up as soon as you get home!!

Mary H.

TracyIdaho said:
Ginger, for some reason I couldn't open your attachments. Would you mind emailing them to me? Thanks so much!

Tracy in Idaho
[email protected]

Tracy....try right clicking and then choose SAVE instead of open. Once you save them to the file you want, then open the files from there. Sometimes that works (not sure why, but sometimes it works.) If not, email me and I'll send them directly to you.

1. What types of cooking tools should I bring to conference?

We recommend bringing essential tools such as knives, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a cutting board. You may also want to bring any specialty tools that you frequently use in your cooking demonstrations.

2. Do I need to bring my own ingredients for the cooking workshops?

No, all ingredients for the cooking workshops will be provided for you. However, if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, we recommend bringing your own ingredients to ensure you can fully participate in the workshops.

3. Is there a dress code for conference?

Yes, there is a suggested dress code for conference. We recommend business casual attire for the general sessions and workshops. For the evening events, feel free to dress up or wear comfortable attire, depending on your personal preference.

4. Will there be any opportunities to purchase Pampered Chef products at conference?

Yes, we will have a merchandise booth set up during conference where you can purchase Pampered Chef products at a discounted price. You can also place orders online during the event.

5. Can I bring my own food and drinks to conference?

Outside food and drinks are not allowed at conference, except for medical and dietary needs. However, there will be a variety of food options available for purchase at the event, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • ChefEsther
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Denarella