• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Deep Covered Baker: Tips for Customer Satisfaction

In summary, the woman is not satisfied with the size of the deep covered baker. She wants to return it but she is within the time frame. PC will cover the shipping.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
to your customers who are not satisfied with the size of the deep covered baker. I have a lady that I met at a booth who bought 2 deep covered bakers, but her old baker can hold 4 cups more so she wants to return it. TIA

What does she want to use it for? It has so many versitile uses...I mean it isnt your typical roaster. She can return it within 30 days with postage paid, so if she is within the time frame, it would be a good idea, otherwise she has to pay for SH.

When did she buy them?

Doesn't it give the volume in the catalog?

She said it barely holds a whole chicken and she can't fit the vegies in it.

Yes she had a catalog and looked online. She said the dimensions must be off.

Wow - I'm stunned. I love mine so much, I can't imagine not being able to find any use for it!

But then, I just got a call from a woman who wants to return the mix n chop she bought in January....she says it doesn't work for her.

I'm still trying to figure that one out - how can it not work?

Guess I've never filled mine with water to see what it holds! If she bought it within the last 30 days, PC will cover the shipping but I bet they would be pretty pricey to ship back if it's after the 30 days since PC will refund her money with in a year. If she doesn't want to do that, there are some great recipes on here that you could pass onto her. Also let her know that depending on the size of the bird, it won't fit no matter what. I accidentaly bought a 4.5 lb bird and it didn't fit with veggies. If she bought two, she could do two smaller birds. Also, they are hand crafted so there may be slight varations in the size. If she cannot fit 13 cups in it (according to the catalog), she may have something to hold up to HO. Have her call HO herself if she doesn't want to keep them.

Oh, Oh, Oh- I know the answer to this one!
pamperedalf said:
to your customers who are not satisfied with the size of the deep covered baker. I have a lady that I met at a booth who bought 2 deep covered bakers, but her old baker can hold 4 cups more so she wants to return it. TIA

Tell them size doesn't matter! HAHAHAHAAA Sorry, I just could not resist! :)

Kacey that is too funny! I am still laughing.

yeah that was pretty funny! LOL But in all honesty, a 4-6lb chicken is the normal size around here to get and I know from experience that the 5-6lb barely fit and so veggies for a whole family will not fit. Oh well, its great to demo at shows. I can't wait to do the tenderloin.

Tell her to buy the Rice Cooker and do her veggies in there...
I've never done chicken AND veggies in the DCB...
Some people cannot be pleased, I cannot believe she would return it if that's all she can't use it for, is chicken, not when you can do alot more with it.

Other possibilitiesCant' give credit to the original creator since I don't know who it was, but here are some recipes you can pass along as other uses if she is willing...if not, just let it go. Perhaps you can convince her that the Roasting Pan w/ rack, covered with foil will do the trick instead. I've done the chicken, pork roast and beef roast all at once in it before, but never tried adding veggies.

Honestly, the DCB isn't my favorite/most used piece (perhaps because my DH won't eat chicken on the bone), but I did cook a 3 lb corned beef brisket the other week. More often, I use it for (gasp!) the Chicken Pot Pie meal I buy from The Dinner Station. (Yes, I support my local "meal prep to freeze" store. I have a sign in there that says you can fix their meals in my stoneware and cookware.)

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerTri-Fold recipes.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 308
Warning...semi thread hi-jack...

Okay, so this caught my interest...In addition to just qualifying as a Consultant today (yeah for me!!!) I also work at Dream Dinners. It is the typical "freeze your meals and make them throughout the month" deal. I have been very careful not to mix the two, but have often thought about how to cross promote.

In reality, our companies are similar - our main goals are getting families to the dinner table in a timely and efficient manner. What do your sign actually say?

Thanks!

What Do You Suggest for a Quick Dinner Recipe?

Our Quick Cooker is perfect for making delicious, fast meals. Some popular recipes include our One-Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs and our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. You can also check out our website for more quick and easy dinner ideas.

What Do You Suggest for Baking?

We have a variety of baking tools and products to make your baking experience easier and more enjoyable. Our Stoneware Collection is great for even baking and our Mix 'N Scraper is perfect for mixing and scraping batter. You can also browse our website for baking recipes and tips.

What Do You Suggest for Meal Prep?

We have a range of products specifically designed for meal prep, such as our Meal Prep Containers and Salad Chopper. Our Quick Slice is also great for slicing and dicing vegetables quickly and easily. You can also find meal prep recipes on our website to help you plan and prepare your meals for the week.

What Do You Suggest for Hosting a Party?

Our Entertaining Collection has everything you need to host a successful party. Our Chillzanne Platter keeps food cold and fresh, while our Quick-Stir Pitcher makes it easy to mix and serve drinks. You can also check out our website for party planning tips and recipes.

What Do You Suggest for a Housewarming Gift?

We have a variety of gift sets and products perfect for housewarming gifts. Our Kitchen Towel Set and Utensil Crock make a practical and stylish gift, while our Baking Stone and Seasoning Mixes Set is perfect for those who love to cook. You can also browse our website for more gift ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • quiverfull7