• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Put in Your Recruiting Packets?

In summary, Beth uses white envelopes from Town and Country and stickers to create a simple, yet motivating, packet for her potential consultants. She includes a catalog, booklet with commission structure and important information, Super Starter brochure, most commonly asked questions sheet, and agreement. She also gives her potential consultants a document that helps them think of people they could contact and introduces additional helpful information about consulting when they are ready.
pamperedmom2owen
I would like to make up a few packets for when I have people who are interested. What do you put in your packets?

I was going to post this same question!

I use the white PC envelopes from Town and Country and sticker the front. I use stickers from The Booster. I have 8 or 10 different slogans that I use.(Could you use an extra $100/ week... Not the the Opportunity of a lifetime but an Opportunity of a Lifetime.... etc). They are great to get people extra excited about opening the packet.

Inside I put a catalog, The opportunity flyer, the booklet from the paperwork supply order form that has the commision chart in it, the Super Starter brochure, a Most commonly asked questions sheet, and an agreement. Oh, and a business card.

I have heard mixed opions on the agreement but I do it to show how simple it is and that it is no big deal. I also figure if someone is really ready then they will be excited to get started on filling it out.

Nothing fancy. Just the basics for me. The stickers are my fun addition.

BumpI listened to some CDs recently on recruiting, so I'm fired up! Hoping more people will chime in with what they include...

I'm making a recruiting folder right now for my potential recruit. I wasn't going to put in an agreement but Dawn is right, if the person is ready they'll see how easy it is!! I'm putting in the SS brochures, top 10 questions, No risk flyer, which apron fits you (to show the different kinds of consultants) and I'm thinking of showing her my newsletter that I've done. Maybe not, I don't want her to think that she has to do that b/c a lot of consultants don't do newsletters. What do you think? :confused:

I like that top 10 questions flyer you are putting in your packet. Here are a few interesting flyers I came across.

Attachments

• Why 20% Commission.doc
    25 KB · Views: 994
  • 27 Reasons To Become A Pampered Chef Consultant.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,485
  • extra 400 a month - good one with house pic.doc
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,145
Janel! Those are great!!! Thank you very much for sharing!!! :) :) ;)

Thank you for sharing, these are great!!! :)

I also add a document that helps the new recruit to think of people they could contact. One big thing people worry about is that they do not know enough people. It is amazing how many people you know when you sit down and think about it and this list helps!

Attachments

• who will you talk to.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 773
I do not give anyone anything. If they are interested, I set up a time to meet with them.

If they have too much paper in their hands, they may not read it. Or they may read it but decide that it's not for them without ever having a conversation with you.

I'd rather meet face to face and go over those things TOGETHER.

For the first couple years I was doing PC I put a packet together with lots of information about our business opportunity and couldn't understand why I wasn't signing people up right and left. After all, they had all the information in their hands!

For about the last year I give them the flyers that PC provides us (with the commission structure on it) and that's it. I offer the flyer to anyone who says they want information about PC and then set up a time for a follow up call to answer their questions and concerns. Most already have my catalog before they get the flyer but I do ask them if they need a catalog too.

No matter how great a flyer we make or how much information we hand them, few people read it all. They see all that information and their eyes glass over. KISS instead (Keep It Simple Silly). If you don't have the PC flyers you could give them a bulleted flyer with just a few key points on it. NOT TOO MANY WORDS and LOTS of white space.

Since I have simplified I get a lot more QUESTIONS and YESES!! People don't want to do something that takes more time and reading through all those papers will not excite them - they just won't do it!

Once they sign I give them the welcome booklet and then set up a weekly appointment to go over their questions and help them get the most out of their new business. I introduce additional information about all the benefits of consulting as they are ready.

BethCooks4U

I think you made a great point. I can see how people can get too overwhelmed by so much info. My first recruit actually told me that. It is just so hard when you are so excited about things and want to share. I am going to take to heart what you said and scale way down, but I will still keep all of my information in case there is someone who wants all of that stuff! I know that I couldn't get my hands on enough information and my cluster jokes around that if there is something on the website or in the Recipe for Success that I probably know it because I read everything! :eek:

KathyG said:
BethCooks4U

I think you made a great point. I can see how people can get too overwhelmed by so much info. My first recruit actually told me that. It is just so hard when you are so excited about things and want to share. I am going to take to heart what you said and scale way down, but I will still keep all of my information in case there is someone who wants all of that stuff! I know that I couldn't get my hands on enough information and my cluster jokes around that if there is something on the website or in the Recipe for Success that I probably know it because I read everything! :eek:
Kathy,

I am exactly the same as you! In fact I was upset that my director didn't tell me everything I could be getting or working toward all at once. I read it all and want to know it all right up front. But as I said, I learned that most people don't want that. I also know that even though I thought I wanted all the information up front it would have overwhelmed me anyway.

!I am new to this site. I have been a PC Consultant for 2 years now. Before, it was just a hobby. This year I have decided to make this a MY JOB!!!

Recuitment FolderI am new to this site. I have been a PC Consultant for 2 years now. Before, it was just a hobby. This year I have decided to make this a MY JOB!!! I want to be promoted to Director. I have one recuit. Last night, I did a show in my house. One of my friends is interested in becoming a Consultant. I want to put together a Recuitment Folder. What are the Top 10 questions, No Risk Flyer, and Which Apron fits You sheets?
Thanks for all your help.
Jodi Hoover
Consultant #390845
Penn Yan, NY ;) :D

Jodi,
Great job! Let us know what happens. :)

I posted earlier on this thread on what I put in a recuriting packet but since going to a training session with Susie Lite, Sales Manager from HO, I now give them only two things. The Opportunity Brochure "Your Life Your Way" and a catalog.

The thought process behind this is that if you give most people too much they will not read anything. If you give them the Super Starter flyer (with the bonus kits and income structure) you have given them too much information. So why would they need to talk to you? They will make the decision without you based on what you have given them.

Just give them a taste so they DO have questions. It works! Simplify! Don't reinvent the wheel! Save your money! Save your time!

let me explain: I LOVE all the cool flyers and have downloaded and used many of them and even created some myself but the longer I do this business the more I realize that PC already provides it all for us - very professional materials at very reasonable cost! Have you ever figured out how much ink you are using printing all those flyers? It's way expensive! And it takes TIME to create and print too - I figure my time is worth a LOT and I'd rather use it making CC calls or training my team or host coaching or getting bookings or recruit leads or talking with you all (we have to have some fun too!) :p

Now I'm not saying I never use flyers or that I don't love them - for instance someone recently created a monthly special flyer that is absolutely great and the PC flyer for the upcoming months (esp. June) has way too much color on it - 3 copies and I'd be replacing my ink :eek: so I will use the Chef Success flyer during that time - THANKS!!

...but I am really cutting back on the home grown paperwork!

Last edited:
Recuiting FolderHi everyone. I have been with the PC company for 2 years :) . I have had a couple of people ask about joining the company. What do you all put in your Recuiting Folders? The only thing that I have is the SS months paper.
Thanks for all your help-
Jodi
Consultant #390845
Penn Yan, NY
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/jodihooverskitchen
;) :)

In my packets...I include...the company brochures
Special flyers (if there is a special- such as Cookware now)
a catalog
a personalized letter from me
a "most frequently asked questions" flyer
copies of my paychecks (my first paycheck, my highest month and my first Director paycheck) -I always let the potential know that these are for their spouse to see :D

I have attached the letter and the flyer I use! Feel free to use them!

I have heard of people only giving a catalog to a possible team member, because everything they need to know is in the catalog.

Also I have heard of people giving a Season's Best with a flyer and a copy of their paycheck.

Whatever you hand out, the most important thing is to follow up...yes FOLLOW UP! If you don't follow up within 24 to 48 hours than you just wasted your time and money making that packet!

Attachments

• THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE PAMPERED CHEF.doc
    266.5 KB · Views: 814
  • Our Most Often Asked Questions.doc
    25 KB · Views: 639
Give them a CALL....not paper!If someone expresses interest at a show, the most important thing to give them is A CALL. Call them up to set up an appointment and go through the recruiting pages that the company provided for us. It will REMIND you of everything you need to talk about!

What do you put in your Recuiting Packets?Thank you all for all of the valuable information. I am so glad that I belong to this site. It is so helpful in my business!!!!
Thanks again-
Jodi Hoover #390845

1. What should I include in my recruiting packet?

The contents of a recruiting packet can vary depending on the organization and the position being recruited for. However, some common items to include are a cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, and any relevant certificates or licenses.

2. Is it necessary to include a cover letter in a recruiting packet?

While it is not always necessary, a cover letter can provide an opportunity to introduce yourself and highlight your qualifications and interest in the position. It also gives you a chance to personalize your application and stand out from other candidates.

3. How many letters of recommendation should I include in my recruiting packet?

It is generally recommended to include at least two to three letters of recommendation from previous employers or supervisors. These can provide valuable insights into your skills, work ethic, and character.

4. Should I include copies of my certificates or licenses in my recruiting packet?

If you have relevant certifications or licenses that are required for the position, it is important to include copies in your recruiting packet. This can help demonstrate your qualifications and make you a stronger candidate.

5. How should I organize my recruiting packet?

It is important to organize your recruiting packet in a clear and professional manner. You can use a folder or binder to keep all the documents together, and arrange them in a logical order such as cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, and certifications. Make sure to also include a table of contents for easy reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Cr8vKitchen