• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unleash Your Inner Chef with Deep Dish and 9x13 Bakers: Tips and Recipes

In summary, the deep dish baker can be used for a variety of recipes that include chicken, pork, and beef.
ashkay
What do you all make in the deep dish baker? I bought one a few years ago and have never used it.

Also, the 9x13 baker with lid. I just ordered the lid last month and I don't know what to do with it. I thought it would be a good piece to have, but now not so sure. :confused:

Interesting that you should ask that today. I just found a recipe a couple of hours ago in the "It's Good For You" cookbook that I am going to make tonight. It is the Beef Tamale Bake. It sounds yummy and easy. I also bake chicken and Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in my deep dish baker.

You can use the rectangle baker for anything. Lasagna, cakes, cobblers, brownies........the list is endless.

9 x 13 baker w/lid---a large pot roast...a big batch of pampered chef cheesy potatoes.

In the Deep Dish Baker, I've made a few things: Mocha Brownie Dessert probably the most. I've used it when I double the Touchdown Taco Dip. Recently I made the Mocha Cappucino Cake (in the new Stoneware INspirations cookbook) and that's awesome! The Stoneware Lid/Bowl we used to have works well on that when you're doing a whole chicken in there w/veggies. I"ve also done the same thing with the lid/bowl when I've made salmon. I don't use it a ton, but it's a nice size to have.

Pot RoastAnn -

Pot Roast - great idea.

How long do you cook that & at what temp?

For the pot roast, let's see:

I usually start browning it with salt and pepper at 8:00 a.m., then put it in a 325* oven with some cream of mushroom soup(no added liquid), potatoes, carrots, and onion, and it's ready when I get home about 11:45 a.m.

I put my roast in the pan. Then I mix up a can of cream of celery soup and a dry packet of the onion soup mix and spread that on top. I cover and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Then I take it out and add potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Cover back up and continute baking for another hour or until it's done.

There's all kinds of ways to make roast. I found a recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for a BBQ roast that is to die for.

Speaking of the deep dish bakerI have 2 questions about the deep dish baker.
1. If the recipe calls for that piece, is there anything I can substitute for it? whichl leads to my second question.
2. the New Traditions deep dish baker has a much bigger cup volume than the heritage one? Is this a typo in the catalog?

Stoneware inspirations has it listed as new traditions-8 cups, classic-6cups...I'm guessing it is correct then??

O, I love the rectangular baker with lid, use it often, to bake a chicken, a roast, since you have the lid-the turkey we get from work is just a little bit big, so there is a small gap between the lid and baker but it didn't hurt anything, anyway put the turkey in the lid and use the baker for the top, there was so much juice left after it was done, and not much turkey left when the kids got ahold of it, it was the best turkey ever, I scooped out a lot of the juice and used it to make gravy and when I was finished there was about an inch to an inch and a half of juice still left in the lid. I just made a batch of brownies in it the other day, I don't know, there is just lots of potential I think in the baker, don't know about the deep dish baker I don't have it yet, but I think there are lots of recipes in the books for them.

Laurenncraigory said:
Stoneware inspirations has it listed as new traditions-8 cups, classic-6cups...I'm guessing it is correct then??
Yes! The glazed deep dish baker is larger than the classic. The sides are higher and it's a little bigger in diameter.

Deep Dish Does It AllI use the deep dish baker for everything! I have made brownies, cobblers, biscuits, roasted small chickens, roasted Kielbasa sausages, twice baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, Baked apples, chicken strips/fish sticks, fries,-- pretty much anything you can think of!

DDB & Rec. BakerMy hubby's favorite that is made in the Deep Dish Baker is the QUICK APPLE CRISP! So easy, it'll make you sick! I have to make it every holiday!

I also just baked a cake in the Deep Dish Baker. OUR Lemon Flavored Indulgent Cake. It was a good cake.

The 9x13 baker, the possibilities are endless. (I think someone else said that). I cook bbq chicken, marinated chicken, Italian chicken, bbq pork chops, pork chops, pork steaks, terriaky chicken/pork, brownies, baked spaghetti's, I even cooked my Thanksgiving Turkey in mine last year!!!!!!!!!! :D It turned out to be called an Italian Turkey (via Foodnetwork). I threw in some pineapple, the last 30-45 minutes of cooking time. (I already had the bottom of the pan lined with baby carrots & onion chunks. BUT I DID NOT use the bowl/lid. (I don't own that 1, I only have 3 of the 9x13 rectangular bakers, and I use every one of them).

I tell my customer's ANYTHING you can cook in or on a pan, you can cook on the stones!!!! :)

I sub the NT square baker
PCAbby said:
I have 2 questions about the deep dish baker.
1. If the recipe calls for that piece, is there anything I can substitute for it? whichl leads to my second question.
2. the New Traditions deep dish baker has a much bigger cup volume than the heritage one? Is this a typo in the catalog?

I sub the NT square baker for the deep dish baker, if needed.

Don't forget that the deep dish baker is perfect for a deep dish pizza (Chicago-style)! I forget that one myself and if you read Doris' book that was one of the first products in our line so it would be a perfect recipe for this Anniversary month!

Bowl/LidThe bowl/lid for the rectangle baker is awesome for scalloped potatoes and for baked ziti. Its also perfect if you cover the rectangle to make a prime rib ! Yes, its an expensive cut at the butcher, but you can make it at home for a fraction of what you could eating out ! (of course the digital thermometer is a must for that to have it at your preferred doneness !!)

What Do You Make In the Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking Blender?

The Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking Blender is a versatile kitchen appliance that can make a variety of dishes. Some popular recipes include smoothies, soups, sauces, dips, and even homemade nut butter.

What Do You Make In the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker?

The Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is perfect for making one-pot meals such as casseroles, roasts, and even bread. It can also be used for steaming vegetables or cooking rice.

What Do You Make In the Pampered Chef Rockcrok?

The Pampered Chef Rockcrok is a durable and versatile piece of cookware that can be used on the stovetop, in the oven, or on the grill. Some popular recipes include chili, mac and cheese, lasagna, and even desserts like apple crisp.

What Do You Make In the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker?

The Pampered Chef Quick Cooker is a pressure cooker that can make meals in a fraction of the time compared to traditional cooking methods. Some popular recipes include risotto, beef stew, and even cheesecake.

What Do You Make In the Pampered Chef Air Fryer?

The Pampered Chef Air Fryer is a healthier alternative to deep frying, using little to no oil to cook food. Some popular recipes include french fries, chicken wings, and even donuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • J.Corley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lmklipfel