• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Get the Host Who Has Everything?

In summary, the host's family got a $440 shopping spree because the host hosted during extra free product month. The show was just under $1,100 commissionable, but by the time she was done with her order, and deciding to get things because the 30 percent discount was so good, her commissionable sales had swelled to 1,244.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I am so incredibly proud of my host. This is the THIRD party she has hosted with me and not a single one was under $1,000! She hosted during extra free product month twice, and this time, she got a $440 shopping spree.

It is clear that she gets these items as gifts and lets her family have some of her 50 percent off items.

The show was just under $1,100 commissionable, but by the time she was done with her order, and deciding to get things because the 30 percent discount was so good, her commissionable sales had swelled to 1,244. That's right ... less than $7 away from $1,250 in sales and an extra 1 percent in commission.

So I think I am going to just e-mail her and tell her that since I did, after all, get a "dinner in your deep covered baker" cookbook for a guest who ordered a DCB (it's a standard thing because I can't see you getting that and not knowing what to do with it) I think she deserves at least that much for her hard work, and to go ahead and tell me what item of about $10 she'd like for free!

Hope this doesn't sabotage me and she doesn't say, "In that case, why don't you just pick up the tab for one of the items I bought?"

The host rewards are all she really needs... that being said, if you've done something extra for this host in the past, i'd stay with the same thing. I've actually bought my hosts an extra item to match what they've bought - so, for example, I bought a host an extra set of plates one time... or the cook book would be a nice bonus (don't say bcause you got an extra one, or you have one laying around). Tell her thank you for everything and as a bonus your giving here _______. I've never had a host say, well i'd rather have this_____..

If you feel you want to give her something why not give her a few of the rubs and seasonings? Since they're consumable she can't have too many already and it's a good way to generate a pantry sale now and then.

I do "pantry restocking orders" twice a year and contact my local customers to let them know I'm placing a pantry order and ask what they need. I combine them into a single order on a show thats shipping to me for a host. That saves on shipping for everyone and helps the host as well.

I agree, just throw on a spice or 2 rubs to hit the $1,250 mark & call it done. You can tell her you added a little something extra in the box & let her wait to see what it is. ;)

But my real question is ... why is she not on your team??? :D

I say, "Give her a job!"

Has she bought any pantry items or stated she likes one more than others? Get her a refill or something different for her to try. Maybe one of the dessert sauces since she is so "sweet" to do these shows for you every year.

I agree about recruiting her but I know you are asking for ideas to get this show's commissionable up to $1250.

Ha ha ... I have asked her about it, she's not interested. That's fine, more sales for me!

Of course, I know we all said that at one time.

Her order includes NUMEROUS pantry items ... I'll take a close look and just tell her I added something extra as a thank you. It will be pretty easy for her to see what it is, since I've already e-mailed her numerous copies of the receipts!

Check her pantry items, get her extras of the ones that are being discontinued.

She did check the going, going gone list and did say that she already has the items she's not getting.Well, this suddenly bites! She gave me the final payments, and her credit card for her order, and we figured and figured and figured. Then on Saturday she changed her order (which I did on the phone, with a pen and paper) and Sunday she changed her order AGAIN. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how a $250 credit card and about $50 in checks and cash somehow totaled $330 but it was confusing, and there were several other small checks and other cash, and it was unclear what payments were being applied toward what order. Well today I made the final deposit, added it to the previous one for her show, and the amount I was paying (for a $2 error, a $8 cookbook and $20 for something one of my friends ordered on her show) and somehow ... I was about $20 short! I figured and figured and finally realized I had counted the money for my friend's item twice!)So I e-mailed her because I thought I had under-charged her, she felt like she was being asked to pay for my mistake, and I backed down and said I didn't want to inconvenience her her further and had been wanting to do something special for her anyway ... so don't worry about it.All I really wanted to do is make sure the commission is over a certain amount after the insurance and changeover kit are paid for ... but with this $20 error, suddenly $14 extra in commission loses its appeal. I'm already paying more than that because of this and the other error.I still might relent and buy her an extra sauce, but right now I'm leaning toward getting a celebration plate on the outlet if nobody else orders in August.

I have a standing policy that if my host hits $1000 I buy them the trivet as a special thank you.

A good idea, actually. I have a trivet new and in the box!Still hoping I get another $7 in orders but if not, oh well!

1. What kind of gifts can I get for a host who already has everything from Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of gifts perfect for hosts who already have a well-stocked kitchen. Some popular options include kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware sets, and pantry staples like spices and oils. You can also consider giving them a gift certificate so they can choose their own products.

2. Are there any limited edition or exclusive products that would make a great gift for a host?

Yes, we often release limited edition or exclusive products that make great gifts. These may include special edition kitchen tools, cookware sets in unique colors, or seasonal items like holiday baking sets. Keep an eye out for our latest releases and promotions.

3. I'm on a tight budget, what are some affordable gift options for a host who has everything?

We understand that not everyone has a big budget for gift-giving. Luckily, we have many affordable options that are still thoughtful and useful. You can consider giving a set of our top-selling kitchen tools, a cookbook with delicious recipes, or a gift certificate for a cooking class.

4. Do you offer personalized or customizable gifts for hosts?

Yes, we offer a variety of personalized and customizable gifts. You can choose from items like monogrammed kitchen towels, customized cutting boards, or engraved cookware sets. These gifts add a personal touch and show the host that you put thought into their gift.

5. Can I get a gift that is both practical and unique for a host who has everything?

Absolutely! We have many products that are both practical and unique, making them the perfect gift for a host who has everything. Some ideas include a kitchen tool set with a fun design, a versatile cookware set with multiple uses, or a set of our popular microwave cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • texasteacher