• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do With Old Invitations?

In summary, a person has acquired a large stack of old PC show invitations that were accompanied by recipe cards. They are wondering what to do with them, and one suggestion was to use them as mini-catalogs for invitations. The person has a variety of invitations, including "Celebrations" packs and "You're Invited to My Kitchen Show" packs. They are considering printing labels with corresponding recipes on the back of the invitations. Others have suggested using them for personal events or activities. The conversation also mentions selling them to someone named Carolyn for a fundraiser. Another idea is to use them for a collage or give them to children for a craft project. Overall, the conversation provides various ideas for repurposing the old PC show invitations and
esavvymom
Staff member
I recently acquired are large stack of old PC show invitations. They were with recipe cards (which was what I wanted).

What do you guys do with these? I typically use mini-catalogs for my invites, so I don't see myself using them as PC intended :D. These are old invites that call it "Kitchen Show" and show old theme shows and recipes, etc.

I have:
4 packs of "Celebrations: Simply Stunning Appetizers"
7 packs of "Celebrations: It's a Wrap/Simple as Pie/Fast Family Favorites"
2 packs of "Celebrations: Gifts to Go!"
3-4 packs of "You're Invited to my Kitchen Show" on the front and a pic of "pepperoni Pizza Twist"
2 1/2 packs of "Celebrations: Fast Family Favorites"
and 3 packs of "How Sweet it is" Cookie show invites.

I'm not selling them (least not yet), but just wondering what I can do to USE them?! I was sort of thinking maybe to print labels of my own with a recipe that corresponds to what is on the FRONT of the cards. One is the Pizza Twist, another has fajitas, the Wrap/Pie/Family I could just print whatever one I could find of the 3, and the appetizer- had crescent pinwheels. Cookies- well, I'll print one of those (have the corresponding recipe cards), and maybe a Batter Bowl gift idea for the Gifts to go.

Since Recipe cards are what I use mostly when I am out-and-about or doing booths (have alot coming up the next few months)...that's why I was wondering about that option. Plus- it could give me a variety of recipes to pull from.

What do you do with them? I see folks buy/sell them all the time, so just curious- other than the OBVIOUS of using them as invites.

If memory serves me right, we sell them to Carolyn when she needs them . . . ;) :D

LOL! That's what I was going to suggest!I like the idea of printing the recipe on the back, although you'll probably have to use a label to cover the show info area to give yourself more room.You could also use them as invites to your own show (customer appreciation) or team meeting. And then have an activity/prize based on the different types of invites represented by the people in attendance.

Well, I don't know who Carolyn is (least not by regular name :D).....but what had made me think of a label over them was the new template for the Mini's.Maybe my kids will like a few- they can create a collage of past PC life. :D

Carolyn is Dannyzmom. She has a big FR each year with the local Humane Society, and is always looking for inexpensive (read: old) postcard invites to use, since they send out a couple hundred each year.

Thanks Ann. Well, even if I do anything with them- you can tell, I have ALOT! :) I'm sure I'd have some left over.But if I come up with something - I'll share.

Yep - mine went to Carolyn too :)

I like your idea to put a label over the back "invitation" section and put the recipe on the front - what a great 2nd use! :)

I don't see the problem.

I figure that the invites are OK as long as they have the right info on them. So what if you're not making the recipie they show on the card?

I have a bunch of old invites and recipes cards that i got from my aunt that used to sell. i have been using the invites but the recipe cards i was unsure of. thanks for the tips.

1. What should I do with old invitations after the event has passed?

After the event has passed, you can recycle the old invitations or repurpose them into craft projects. You can also save them as a keepsake or use them for scrapbooking.

2. Can I reuse old invitations for future events?

It's not recommended to reuse old invitations for future events as the information may be outdated. It's best to create new invitations with updated information.

3. How do I properly dispose of old invitations?

If you choose to recycle your old invitations, make sure to remove any embellishments or non-recyclable materials. You can also check with your local recycling center for specific guidelines.

4. Can old invitations be donated to a charity or organization?

Some charities or organizations may accept donations of old invitations for craft projects or other purposes. It's best to check with the specific organization beforehand to see if they have a need for them.

5. Is there a way to digitally save old invitations?

Yes, you can scan or take a photo of your old invitations and save them digitally. This way, you can still have a record of the event without cluttering up physical space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • jbarnhill