• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do When the Host...

And then she added, "But on a better note, her party helped me qualify..."?It's like she had two different intentions.
TinasKitchen
could care less about the free products? and announces to her guests after they pay that she could care less if they even bought anything bc she just wanted to have a little party with friends.

She is one of my good friends and told me, I dont care how many buy stuff, I just wanted people to come. I told her that I wanted her to get free stuff and that was the purpose of me doing this. I'm new and this was my first outside party. I felt like it made all of my hard work feel like nothing. She had great sales but made me feel flat.

If she really isn't interested in the free stuff, maybe she could donate it someplace. A women's shelter or transitional housing organization? That might also be incentive for her guests to spend a little more, either to give an item themselves to the chosen cause, or allow the host to have more $$ to spend for the chosen cause. What about the home ec. department of their school?

Jenny L

:)you are right.. I should say that to her.. she ordered so much stuff. But what she meant was she would pay for it w/o it being for free.

normalI'm finding than many of my hosts don't care about the stuff. At least that's what they say at first but then get real excited when they go shopping at the end. I'm not a pro, but I tell them a few things along the host coaching way:

• Invite lots of people cause it will be more fun
  • Invite lots of people so people don't fell obligated to buy anything so they can have fun
  • Does she have any friend's getting married, moving into a new home or needing a good gift - they'd like her free stuff
  • Somehow, I let her know that I want to actually make money and can't do that if people don't buy stuff
  • Does she have a friend who'd like the stuff that would book a show?
  • Would she like a theme to make it more interesting (murder mystery for the reader, Weight Watchers for the dieter, spa for others)
  • Let her know that it will be so much fun that people will want to buy stuff

Good luck...BEE

Maybe she's the perfect one to do a Mystery Host show. Offer some of her incentives to her guests. It might make THEM more interested in bringing additional people. She might be the perfect one to host a holiday open house for your business, or a kick off when the seasonal items change twice a year. Tell her she could be your "crew", your back up support, your promoter, etc.

Make sure to do a customer care call to her guests a week after their products arrive.

Jenny L

Thanks!I would LOVE to try a theme show but have no idea on how to even begin. She was my first outside show as I might've mentioned so I'm just getting used to selling the products, to throw in a whole new thing might confuse me a bit! lol Unless you guys wanna help me out. I'm fine w/ the mystery host thing. I might do that at my next party.. then I'll do it again when the new products come out for fall.

I believe she liked the free products.. who wouldnt? just aggravated me she had to announce it to everyone in front of me. Made me feel like I put forth all my effort for her to not care that I did this. And then she added Oh Sorry T.. I know you get commission. But on a better note, her party helped me qualify :)

Any suggestions on easy theme shows for me would be great!

Mexican Fiesta, do the Taco Ring, or braid depending on the shape of your stone. (Yours is round, right?) Throw out tips on peppers, if they drink and the host doesn't mind, serve margaritas, (at her expense) check google or such for tips on beverages and peppers.

After talking about the stoneware, cross sell the cookware, sharing how much hamburger you can brown in the family skillet, use some tonight, have some left over for later in the week, or freeze for next week, etc.

If your host gets into it, you can suggest the guests dress for a Fiesta, get a string of chili pepper lights to decorate, etc.

Check the files here or on other PC threads. There are many forms of a Mexican Fiesta invitation floating around.

There are also many other theme show invitations floating around.

Jenny L

In agreement with Tina!Tina, I agree with you 100%. If my host told me that she didn't care about freebies, or who bought what, etc...but she just wanted to have a party, I'd feel really bad too. You are there for your business and she needs to understand that too. I've had a few parties where the host tells folks not to worry about buying and the show turns into a dud. Once I even had a show on a military base and all the wives came, but without their purses. They specically said that they were instructed to just come and have a fun time...no pressure to buy. I was very new and naive then...and a sucker I guess because I bought the ingredients and got $40 in sales from the show. I collected $160 in outside orders to make it a real "show" but then the host had the nerve to tell me she wished she would've gotten more freebies! What nerve! What's the point of our being there then? I guess that host coaching can only work so much.

jlevernier said:
After talking about the stoneware, cross sell the cookware, sharing how much hamburger you can brown in the family skillet, use some tonight, have some left over for later in the week, or freeze for next week, etc.

Jenny L

Jenny, How much ground meat can you brown in the skillet?

I just bought the nylon masher to brown a TON of ground turkey in my roasting pan (a tip from a guest). :)

What Do You Do When the Host Doesn't Show Up for the Party?

If the host does not show up for the party, the first step is to try to contact them and find out the reason for their absence. If they cannot be reached, it is important to still hold the party for any guests who may have arrived. You can also offer to reschedule the party for a later date if the host is unable to attend.

What Do You Do When the Host Cancels the Party Last Minute?

In the case of a last-minute cancellation by the host, it is important to try to contact any guests who were planning on attending and let them know about the cancellation. If possible, you can offer to still hold the party for those who are still interested in attending or reschedule for a later date.

What Do You Do When the Host is Not Happy with the Party?

If the host is not satisfied with the party, it is important to listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that will make them happy. This may include offering a discount or additional products, or rescheduling the party for a better time. It is important to maintain good customer service and address any issues the host may have.

What Do You Do When the Host is Not Interested in Hosting Another Party?

If the host is not interested in hosting another party, it is important to thank them for their time and offer to keep them updated on any future promotions or events. You can also ask if they would be interested in becoming a regular customer and offer any incentives for future purchases.

What Do You Do When the Host Wants to Return Products?

If the host wants to return products, it is important to follow the return policy set by Pampered Chef. This may include returning the products for a full refund within a specified time frame or exchanging them for a different product. It is important to handle the return in a timely and professional manner to maintain good customer satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • Intrepid_Chef