• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Your Newsletter Stand Out: Tips & Techniques for Value-packed Content

In summary, the author provides a summary of how they handle their newsletter's content, including how they create a title, what they put in the subject line, and what their open rate is. They also mention that spam filters are looking for certain words, so they try to avoid using those words in their title. They also mention that they've heard that "Mike's email newletter is great." might be a more effective subject line because it's specific to what the person wants and they know that it's coming from you, the author.
esavvymom
Staff member
I get so much JUNK email! In a single day, have you ever counted how much email we get from marketers? And it's the same companies over and over again, every day!

So my question, and somewhat of a challenge-
What are YOU doing with your newsletter to make it Stand-out from the crowd of people trying to "SELL SELL SELL" with THIS offer or THAT offer?

What value are you giving them in your newsletter? How is it working for you?

I say this is a "challenge" too, because I think of something Tammy Stanley said- "look at the marketing you receive in the mail or your email. What about it WORKS for you and what doesn't? Learn from what they are doing, or not doing." (summation of her words)

Me- well, I use Mike's email newsletter, but I edit it quite a bit.

• I usually cut out the next month's special if I've not got THIS month set up well. I also remove the Bride of the Month section. I might rearrange it so the recruiting is not FRONT and Center...

• I like to put my Recipe somewhere in the middle to top....and I add at least one other recipe, plus a link to my website for more recipes that I have online.
  • This month, I started putting a "Content" list of "Here's What's Cooking This month"....and then gave a title with short description...so maybe they won't MISS something because they don't scroll all the way down.
  • I also only send out my newsletter once a month- unless there is something really important- like I sent out a Price Update about the Stones increasing in price...reminding them that Feb is even MORE so the perfect month to get them since they are on sale! But that's a rare thing for me to do.

it sounds like a lot- sometimes it is, but not a big deal for me, since I used to do HTML YEARS ago!! It keeps my newsletter from being TOO much information I think, and hopefully gives them reason to read it. I've only done it hte last 2 newsletters so I'll see how it works.

I make sure my subject says "Pampered Chef" in it so they know what it is for (since it comes from my name). I send a big newsletter at the beginning of the month and an outlet update around mid month.

I use TT, but I don't really edit it too much. I figure if they open it, they'll probably look at most of it, and the most important stuff is at the top anyway. If they don't open it, the content doesn't really matter anyway.

Mine's pretty simple. But, in the subject line I put "Rae's Pampered Chef Newsletter for [Month]."

I remember someone suggesting the use of a title that sounds urgent or negative. Regular titles like "Feb. Pampered Chef Newsletter" can be boring and predictable and people won't feel the urgency to open it. But, I have to say that the business ad e-mails I get always make their things sound urgent or shocking. So much so that I don't even read them. Maybe because they bombard me with a million emails a month? Maybe by having a boring title people know I'm not trying to pull them in or trick them or make things sound fantastic. They know that each month I'm there with reliable info and I just am a straight talker. Not sure about this one.

I did change my title from the regular "February 2010 Pampered Chef Newsletter" *yawn*.I say something like "What's Cooking with the Pampered Chef" or something...I forget my exact wording, but it's sort of like that.

That's part of the reason I label mine the way I do. I know that certain words are caught by the filters. The people who receive my newsletter are generally looking for it.

My subject line says "The Monthly Dish - February 2010". I held a contest last year and asked for ideas on naming my newsletter - and this was one of the suggestions and the winner. My open rate has gone up over the past few months .. which is kinda nice :)

I have heard that "Mike's email newletter is great. Could someone let me know how I can find out about getting the email. I have a lady whom I get my monthly newsletter. but would like a change. My heading for my newsletters is " What's cooking in the kitchen - February 2010"

STACY'S COOKING said:
I have heard that "Mike's email newletter is great. Could someone let me know how I can find out about getting the email. I have a lady whom I get my monthly newsletter. but would like a change. My heading for my newsletters is " What's cooking in the kitchen - February 2010"

My Email Designs - Newsletter Service

There's a way to see a sample. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or e-mail Mike. He does a great job. A lot of us use his service, so we can help if you need it.

Also, Joy does Tasty Tidbits and a lot of people really like hers, too. You can scroll up and see her post (PampChefJoy) and check hers out, too.

If you end up using Mike's, you can use me as a reference--Amanda Knudsen :D

1. How can I make my newsletter stand out from others?

There are several ways to make your newsletter stand out. Firstly, focus on creating valuable and relevant content that your readers will find useful. Use eye-catching visuals and graphics to make your newsletter visually appealing. Additionally, try to personalize your newsletter by addressing your readers by name and tailoring the content to their interests.

2. How often should I send out my newsletter?

The frequency of your newsletter will depend on your specific audience and the type of content you are delivering. Generally, it's recommended to send out newsletters on a consistent schedule, whether that's weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Avoid sending too many newsletters as it may overwhelm your readers, but also don't wait too long between newsletters or your audience may lose interest.

3. How can I keep my readers engaged with my newsletter?

One way to keep your readers engaged is by including interactive elements in your newsletter, such as polls, quizzes, or surveys. You can also encourage reader participation by including a call-to-action, such as asking for feedback or inviting them to share their thoughts and experiences. Additionally, make sure your content is relevant and valuable to your readers so they have a reason to keep coming back.

4. How do I choose the right content for my newsletter?

When choosing content for your newsletter, consider your audience's interests and needs. Keep the content informative, relevant, and engaging. You can also include a mix of different types of content, such as articles, videos, or infographics, to keep things interesting. Additionally, pay attention to the feedback and engagement from your readers to see what type of content they enjoy the most.

5. What are some tips for writing effective subject lines for my newsletter?

A good subject line is crucial for getting readers to open your newsletter. Keep it short and concise, and make sure it accurately reflects the content of your newsletter. Use attention-grabbing language and consider using personalization, such as including the recipient's name. You can also try A/B testing different subject lines to see which ones perform the best with your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies