• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do to Help Your Family Survive While You Are Away?

In summary, this mother is preparing for her husband's departure by doing laundry, packing food, and making sure the house is clean. She also leaves notes for her children.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Since I am impatiently awaiting wave 3 I thought it might be fun to see what others do to help their families survive while you are gone for 3 days?

I'm not doing too much this year. I am making a list of available easy meals, mostly for my MIL who will be here on thursday to help with the kiddos since DH works FRI-SUN.

I am preparing goodie bags for my kids. They can open 1 each day while I am gone. Just little things from the Dollar bins at Target.

I try to get the house as clean as possible and have laundry caught uo so I don't have so n=much work when I return home.

Last edited:
I do the Goodie bags for DS & DH!

Just little "I love you" things for while I'm gone. I'm including a GC to a restaurant for DH, so he can take DS out to eat Saturday.

Don't need to make meals - Thurs, they will be at MIL's (she watching DS on Thurs) and Friday will be burgers at the Tractor Show. So, they're covered.

My big thing is to make sure all the laundry is done before I leave, so that DH isn't scrambling to find clothes for the two of them.

I take the kids to Grandma's house so DH's life is kid-free for a whole week! He's too busy with camp to notice... ;)

Oh, and not getting the kids anything special - Grandma spoils them WAY too much!

My MP3 player has a voice recorder, so I recorded myself singing some lullabyes for DS. I'm still trying to formulate a plan for something else fun that I can leave for them. I will be leaving some cash out of our "Blow" budget so they can have some fun while I'm gone. I did two loads of laundry yesterday, maybe I can get a third one done today.

I've also let our friends know to check in on him, so maybe he won't be scrounging for food, since I don't think I'll have time to pre-prep anything. Then again, the fridge is full of left-overs already...

I am doing the same for my little chica and hubby. My little girl is only 2 years old so a cheapy dollar store gift is super special to her so that is awesome for me and for the hubby---his are a little more expensive. LOL. More than anything---I try to leave little notes for them to find. It will be easy this time since I leave after he leaves for work.

I am not sure I am going to make dinners up ahead of time too much since the hubby will probably eat at my mom's all week! Lucky him!

I know to some this seems silly but not knowing how often I will be able to call home, I will be able to focus on Conference if I know they feel loved at home! So excited to get there!!! Going to pack RIGHT NOW! LOL

Ooo good idea about the lullabyes! I don't have a voice recorder---but they do have those cards that you can record into. Hmmmm.....

I am leaving tomorrow, so I am finishing laudry today, paying bills and running all errands. I will probably be up until 2 am, but it will be okay to know that everything here is fine. My hubby will be taking my 4 yr old to the movies, park and pool. Should he need my Mom will come and nab our 4 yr old and then he will be spoiled beyond control.

I make The Furry Guy a pan of macaroni and cheese. Some years it's lasagna, but mac & cheese this year. Plus, I call every day to tell him I love him.

I am probably totally 'overkilling' the whole prepardness thing but I am just finishing up a folder for DH that has my schedule, contact info for the hotel and a couple of others in my cluster, my flight info, and a little note letting him know when I will be free and when I am going to call.
All the laundry will be done and put away tomorrow and I laid out clothes and PJ's for my DD, even though DH says he isnt planning on leaving the house :rolleyes:
I went shopping today and made sure there is plenty of frozen meals and paper plates!! DH does not cook AT ALL!! So he and DD (3yrs) have plenty of chicken nuggets, some kid cuisines and individual bowls of mac'n'cheese! And I also bought brownie bites so DD and Daddy can spoil themselves a little while Mummys gone :) And the paper plates means I should come home to a relatively clean kitchen!!
It has actually taken longer to get them ready for me to go, then it took me get ready to go!! But I want to be sure they can have a run time together :):balloon:

I think it makes perfect sense to do what you can to make things fun and easy for the family while you're away. If they're having fun and not struggling to find things, they're more likely to be positive about your next NC trip.

I must be a horrible wife and mommy...the only thing I did for DH and my girls was print out my schedule and write "don't forget Chicago is an hour behind" in red across the top.

chefHLM said:
I must be a horrible wife and mommy...the only thing I did for DH and my girls was print out my schedule and write "don't forget Chicago is an hour behind" in red across the top.

Don't feel bad, I don't do much either. I work f/t so my boys go to day care, so my DH only has to worry about getting them dinner, baths and bed. He's taking the boys to his dad's lake house on Fri night to spend the night and then fishing/boat rides all day on Saturday. Of course I will call every day, but since they are in day care, they will continue with their normal routine.

maybe I'm killing myself too much...
Dinner for 4 nights is made, packed and frozen, laundry is almost all done and put away. Lunch stuff is sectioned into the refrig for easy finding...dishwasher will be empty in about an hour...clean sheets, house cleaned...I haven't packed yet!!! That's next on the list after birthday cake and presents...my "little guy" turns eight on Friday...

I don't have to worry 1 single bit about this, this year DH is coming with me.....:cool:

Another horrible person here..

I only picked up an extra package of cinnamon raisin english muffins and then made sure there was a bottle of wine in the fridge for when I get back!!

Not only that, but we had the painter come into day and give us estimates for most of the rooms in the house (before you say, you could do it yourself... don't! Both John and I don't have a craft bone in us. We painted 20 years ago and it still looks horrible!! We are trusting the pro's this time) and the first one is the family room. John's job is to take down the trim. So he has a job to keep him busy.

I packed up clothes for DS--an outfit for each day in a gallon ziploc bag. DH is horrible at matching clothes. Plus that way he could just grab a bag and bring it to my sister's when he dropped off DS early in the morning before work.DS went to my sister's house for two of the three days so not much was needed at home. There was a frozen pizza in the freezer, which they did eat. I'm not sure what they had for dinner the other night. I did talk to DH a few times, but I didn't leave my schedule for him or anything.

Oh, I do leave the hotel and McCormick Place contact info just in case. I also give lots of hugs and kisses and tell him how much I love him and miss him.BTW, when you call home, be sure to sound just a little sad. Say, "I love you," then "I miss you." They won't believe the second until they've heard the first. Sage advice from Sisterchicks Do the Hula.

chefHLM said:

If I was going... that is what I would do!

I only made goodie bags because my hubby has been feeling neglected lately. My June was slamming (which is awesome) but he sees me enjoying my Saturdays etc so much, I think he feels left out. Just a reminder to them that I'd be nothing without their love! The hubby takes great care of our munchkin so he doesn't need my help in meals etc.

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow....on the lookout for the flippy red hair! LOL

I'm worse than all of you. We don't have any kids at home anymore. I cut the grass this evening. I washed 2 loads of clothes. (mostly mine) My wife will be glad that for 3 1/2 days I won't be messing up the house.
My greatest fear is that she will be reorganizing my stuff so can't find anything when I get home. I think she does it just to agrivate me.

What do you do to help your family survive while you are away?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand the importance of balancing work and family life. To help my family survive while I am away, I implement the following strategies:

• Meal planning and prep: I use our Pampered Chef products to make meal prep easier and faster, so my family can still enjoy home-cooked meals while I am away.
  • Communication: I make sure to communicate with my family regularly while I am away, whether through phone calls, texts, or video chats.
  • Support system: I have a strong support system in place, whether it's a spouse, family member, or friend, who can help out with household tasks and childcare while I am away.
  • Organization: I stay organized and plan ahead to ensure that my family's needs are taken care of while I am away.
  • Self-care: I make sure to take care of myself and prioritize my well-being, so I can come back to my family feeling refreshed and energized.

How do you manage your workload while still being present for your family?

Being a Pampered Chef consultant, I have the flexibility to set my own schedule, which allows me to prioritize my family's needs. To manage my workload while still being present for my family, I do the following:

• Set boundaries: I establish boundaries and stick to them, whether it's designating specific work hours or saying no to certain tasks that may interfere with my family time.
  • Prioritize tasks: I prioritize my tasks and focus on the most important ones first, so I can efficiently manage my workload.
  • Delegate: I delegate tasks to my team or ask for help when needed, so I can balance my workload and family responsibilities.
  • Work smarter, not harder: I use our Pampered Chef products to streamline tasks and make my work more efficient.
  • Take breaks: I make sure to take breaks throughout the day to recharge and spend time with my family.

How do you handle being away from your family for extended periods of time?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I sometimes have to travel or attend events that require me to be away from my family for extended periods of time. To handle this, I do the following:

• Plan ahead: I plan ahead and make sure my family is taken care of while I am away, whether it's arranging for childcare or scheduling household tasks.
  • Stay connected: I make sure to stay connected with my family through regular communication and sharing updates about my trip.
  • Make the most of my time away: While I miss my family, I also use this time to focus on my work and grow my business, which ultimately benefits my family in the long run.
  • Take care of myself: I make sure to practice self-care while I am away, whether it's through exercise, healthy eating, or taking breaks to recharge.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help you balance work and family life?

Pampered Chef not only provides me with a fulfilling and flexible career, but also offers resources to help me balance work and family life. These include:

• Flexible schedule: As a consultant, I have the freedom to set my own schedule and work at my own pace, allowing me to prioritize my family's needs.
  • Training and support: Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training and support to help me grow my business and maximize my time and efforts.
  • Online tools: I have access to online tools and resources to help me manage my business, whether it's tracking orders, communicating with customers, or planning events.
  • Community: I am part of a supportive and empowering community of Pampered Chef consultants who share tips and advice on balancing work and family life.
  • Quality products: Our Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient, allowing me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family.

How do you involve your family in your Pampered Chef business?

Pampered Chef is not just a job for me, it's a family affair. I involve my family in my business in the following ways:

• Cook

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• klstaz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • Ginger Pearl
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates