• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Promote Myself and Get New Contacts After Exhausting My Current List?

In summary, the author recommends contacting local craft fairs in order to make up the contacts that they have run out of. They also recommend wearing logo wear, bringing a cat tote, and having a decal on your car in order to make initial contact.
KaiKendall
Gold Member
So, I'm a pretty outgoing person... and I've been in the biz for a year now, but hadn't dedicated myself as much as I should. I worked full time for a paycheck and did PC more for the products and discount than anything else, most months barely scraping by. I recently quit my job, just cause I was tired of it, i'm 7 months pregnant and needed to stop working for awhile. I had pretty much exhausted my FRANKS list about 6 months ago, and it wasn't that long to begin with. I don't really go to church, and I've asked my nail lady, masseuse and my son's daycare, and all my friends and family. So what do I do now?! Who do you contact when you have to make up the contacts? I've been looking at the Pamper a Bus threads, and sent out some letters. I have always been 'shy', even though I don't know that's the right word to use, about going up to strangers in person on the street, or going into someone else's business and like shamelessly promoting myself. I know that if you want the leads, you'll do it, but I feel so uncomfortable with that! my son starts Kindergarten on tuesday, so I'll have maybe some moms in his class, or his teacher, but then what? Like go to a park and start talking to strangers? What do you say to break the ice? I wear logo wear, bring my cat tote everywhere and have a decal on my car... NO ONE approaches ME... Any 'commercial' or break the ice starter word choices are welcome!! TIA!

Find local craft fairs and get signed up. They aren't about sales, but contacts. I did one this morning and had 2 bookings on the spot and several maybes to follow up with. You'll get some sales too but not like at a show. It's all about the contacts. If you know other DS consultants ask them what fairs they recommend.

LOL and some think that out of the blue calling is hard, they have never tried out of the blue walking up to someone and talking about pampered chef. Ok, so you and I both feel the same about striking up a conversation with just anyone about the wonderful business of pampered chef. Here is a couple of things I keep in mind when I am out-in- about. First I always have my tote ready with essentials like host packets, recipe cards, mini and regular size cattys, host and quest specials, join us now business info and what ever else I might have to use, while being sure that my contact information is on them.

Some of the contacts I have made has been at my local libarary. The libaraion assisted me just the other day. It was a breif contact, but I put on my smiling face (oh yes, always dress for success. Dress up and fix your hair and put on make up or whatever it takes for you to feel confident when you are out.) and started by building a brief rapport with her by showing interest in her life. I ask some conversation starting questions and then build from there. People are generally drawn to others who are happy and smiling. So when I started talking to her I made sure to be an open and friendly person. I used her customer service skills that she uses to help people and basically I played it to my advantage.

I knew that my intentions were to give her a catty and ask for booking, but she didn't know it. I didn't want to appear like I was desparate either or was pounding on her. After I had a few minutes of general conversation, so I would appear relatable and a nice person, I then started the conversation about pampered chef with the question, "Can I ask you a question?" They say "sure" and I start from there, either by asking if they are familiar with our products, or if they would like to see one of our catalogs.

Once I hand them a catalog, I give them a sec to flip through the pages (which is normally what they do) and then I ask them if they see something they like. (ok obviously they are going to see stuff they like) 9 times of 10, I get the response,"oh yes, i see alot of stuff i like, but my budget doesn't like it." That is when I sugguest them to turn the back of the catalog and explain the benefits of "getting friends and family together for a afternoon of fun." BIG TIP--I explain it that way, because when you start with the jargon of "hosting a party" or "booking a show" it turns them off.

They start thinking about the the work they have to do to get ready for a party and they just don't want to do. Keep it about them, and how much fun it could be. Let them know "you come, cook, and clean" and they call all the free products." Who doesn't like FREE?

If they are not keen on the idea of hosting a party, then explain the other option of a catalog show. My libarien who is new in town, had only lived here for a few months after retiring with her husband, and didn't know many people. I suggested the catalog show and she was happy to do it. I close that show next week.

Ok, that was alot of typing about how to approach someone, and it is only my method. I hope it helps you out or gives you an idea.

Another thing I have done is left my catalog in the breakroom of a local grocery store, along with order forms and other stuff. Got several orders on that one and 2 bookings. I was not aloud to actually go into a break room, but that didn't stop me forming approaching a store manager and asking if them if it would be alright for them to put it in there. They were only to happy to oblige.

Remember, the business is going to go as far as you want it to go. You are behind the wheel and have to push the gas pedal to make it go.

Finally, please don't forget any past host or quest. Mention to them the current months specials and for the next few months. They maybe interested also. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Call your past guests from shows! Tell them how much free product their host got and ask if they saw anything in the catalog that they liked and weren't able to purchase that night. Tell them they can get it for free by having some friends and family over for a couple hours. Explain how easy it is to do a show. (-: Guests are GREAT contacts. Call them all!

Sherry, my husband works at Home Depot, and I wanted to put these in his break room. The problem is I don't know how he can collect the money without getting in trouble. How do you collect your orders from the break room of the supermarket? Thanks!

make a pc sweet treat recipe and take to school or to a doctors office. Promote yourself with these goodies and folks will want to host to get the recipe. Make sure whatever you prepare is mostly exclusive to PC so they'll be begging to have a show.To the question of collecting money for orders...create the show on your website and have folks order online. Then your man doesn't have to worry about collecting. OR, have your husband collect after hours or just have an envelope for folks to place the money into (I'd suggest they use checks in that case).

Last edited:

1. What is "Frank" and why is it important?

"Frank" refers to the stoneware line of products offered by Pampered Chef. It is important because it is made from natural clay that has been specially formulated for durability and heat resistance, making it perfect for baking and cooking.

2. What do I do after using "Frank" for the first time?

After using "Frank" for the first time, you will need to season it. This involves coating the stoneware with a small amount of oil and baking it in the oven at a low temperature for about an hour. This will help create a non-stick surface and enhance the flavor of your food.

3. Can "Frank" be used in the microwave?

Yes, "Frank" can be used in the microwave, but it is not recommended. The stoneware is not designed for quick, high-heat cooking and can crack or break if used in the microwave. It is best to use "Frank" in the oven or on the stovetop.

4. How do I clean "Frank"?

Cleaning "Frank" is easy and simple. Allow it to cool down completely before cleaning. Use a nylon scraper or non-metal utensil to remove any stuck-on food. Then, wash it with warm, soapy water and rinse it thoroughly. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal scrubbers, as they can damage the stoneware.

5. Can "Frank" go in the dishwasher?

No, "Frank" is not dishwasher safe. The high heat and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage the stoneware. It is best to hand wash "Frank" with warm, soapy water and dry it immediately after cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Krista Burson
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies