• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Lemon Lime Soda the Secret to Keeping Apples Fresh During Demos?

In summary, using Sprite or any lemon & lime soda will prevent apples from turning brown during demos.
kcjodih
Gold Member
into so they don't turn brown when demoing? I think it's lemon lime soda. Is that correct? And if it is, what IS lemon lime soda? Sprite?

kcjodih said:
into so they don't turn brown when demoing? I think it's lemon lime soda. Is that correct? And if it is, what IS lemon lime soda? Sprite?

Yes...sprite or 7-up or any lemon & lime soda...:D

Wouldn't lemon juice work, too?

SusanBP0129 said:
Wouldn't lemon juice work, too?

It would, but it might linger on the fruit, changing the taste.

Huh! Never thought of that! I will try Sprite next time! Thanks :D

I use orange juice alot because I always have some on hand.

Anything citrus will work. I use Mtn Dew cause it's what we have on hand. I have also used pineapple juice leftover from sliced or diced pineapple. Guests LOVE this tip!!!

Milk works, too.

Apples Turning BrownI use something called fruit fresh. It should be in any grocery store.
Never had a problem with fruit turning brown.:)

Pineapple juice works great!Heard this one from the preschool teacher.

You can make acidulated water. Add a couple of tablespoons lemon or lime juice to 2 cups water. There'll be enough acid to cut the browning without having so much that the apples end up super tart.

Or you can spritz them with lemon juice using the Kitchen Spritzer.

Acidulated?You're a niece of Spiro Agnew, right?:D

Acidulated (ah-SID-you-lay-ted) is a perfectly cromulent word!

(Acidulated is commonly used in cooking manuals, etc. to indicate that an acid has been added.)

Cromulent is a made up word from The Simpsons, and was used in the same context, to mean "valid." (I'm a Simpson's fiend. My DH and I will occasionally have entire conversations that are nothing but quotes from the show.)

Last edited:
I always used what I called lemon water, but from here on out I will make sure to let everyone know that I am fully versed in making "Acidulated Water"

If you use lemon-lime soda, be sure it's regular, not diet. I don't know why, but diet doesn't seem to work well.

Does that really work? I have never done that before!

chefann said:
Acidulated (ah-SID-you-lay-ted) is a perfectly cromulent word!

(Acidulated is commonly used in cooking manuals, etc. to indicate that an acid has been added.)

Cromulent is a made up word from The Simpsons, and was used in the same context, to mean "valid." (I'm a Simpson's fiend. My DH and I will occasionally have entire conversations that are nothing but quotes from the show.)
Okaladokaly!

1. What types of dips do you recommend for apples?

Some popular dips for apples include caramel, peanut butter, chocolate, and cream cheese. However, you can also get creative and try things like fruit dip, honey, or even savory dips like hummus or ranch.

2. Are there any healthy options for dipping apples?

Absolutely! You can try dipping your apples in Greek yogurt, almond butter, or homemade fruit salsa. These options are lower in sugar and higher in nutrients compared to traditional dips.

3. Do you have any dip recipes specifically for apples?

Yes, we have several delicious dip recipes on our website that are perfect for apples. Some favorites include our cinnamon apple dip, white chocolate pumpkin dip, and tangy apple dip. Just search "apple dip" on our site to find these recipes.

4. Can you use any type of apple for dipping?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for dipping. However, some varieties may hold up better than others. For example, crisp apples like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp are great for dipping, while softer apples like Red Delicious may not hold up as well.

5. How can I prevent my apple slices from browning when using dips?

To prevent browning, you can dip your apple slices in a mixture of water and lemon juice before serving them with dips. The acidity in the lemon juice helps slow down the oxidation process and keeps the apples looking fresh for longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
fifiplc