• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decoding Forum Symbols: Understanding Envelope and Chef's Hat Colors

In summary, the blue envelopes are threads with less than 15 replies or 100 (I think) views, the red envelopes are threads with more than that, and the envelopes with an arrow are threads that you have posted to. The white chef's hats are areas with no new posts since your last visit, and the red-accented chef's hats have new posts since your last visit. The blue square with an arrow next to the thread name will take you to the first new post in that thread
finley1991
Just curious... when looking on a thread, some of the envelopes are blue.. some are red... what does that mean?

And on the home page, some of the chef's hats have red accents and some don't...

Where can I find this info?

I'm curious!!! :)

I've always wondered this too. Also, why are some files opened with papers coming out and some closed???

The red chef's hats on the main page are areas with new threads. The envelopes and papers have something to do with whether or not you've read a thread.I don't really pay attention to those though. I *love* the "new posts" link!

jenniferp417 said:
I *love* the "new posts" link!

I also love the "New Post" link. I've been on this site for a year and I really didn't take advantage of it until recently. In the past few weeks I have become completely addicted to this site. My family gets mad because I just sit here and hit "New Posts" all day long. I can't help myself though. I have learned soooooooo much from all of you and I just can't seem to break myself away. Does anyone else have this problem or should I go get some professional help :yuck: ??

If you need professional help, so do we all.

Dawn4 said:
I also love the "New Post" link. I've been on this site for a year and I really didn't take advantage of it until recently. In the past few weeks I have become completely addicted to this site. My family gets mad because I just sit here and hit "New Posts" all day long. I can't help myself though. I have learned soooooooo much from all of you and I just can't seem to break myself away. Does anyone else have this problem or should I go get some professional help :yuck: ??

we will all get help together. my husband is always yelling at me "get off that damn site!" even when we're in the middle of watching a movie i hit NEW POSTS. lol. i think he's going to ban me soon! lol

I think we should talk to Greg about starting a CS mental health thread. I've been trying to break away to take a shower for the past hour. Needless to say I'm still sitting here hitting that button.

The first thing I do when I get on this site is hit the "new posts" button:p

The blue envelopes are threads that have less than 15 replies or 100 (I think) views.
Red envelopes are threads with more than that.
Envelopes with an arrow are threads that you have posted to.White chef's hats are areas with no new posts since your last visit.
Red-accented chef's hats have new posts since your last visit.The blue square with an arrow next to the thread name will take you to the first new post in that thread since you last logged on.

:D Ann, you are the best!!!

See Ann! You always have the answers!!!! Thanks! :)

Thanks Ann you have all the answers!

OK- I think Ann does always have the answers, so when I saw your name here, I thought "after 8,000+ posts, that girl better know what all this means!";)

jenniferp417 said:
If you need professional help, so do we all.
Ditto!! I should be sleeping right now. Everyone can tell I've been missing out on my beauty sleep!! I think I've aged since I joined Chefsuccess! :)

Good morning. I'm Ann, and I'm a CS addict.

:D

chefann said:
Good morning. I'm Ann, and I'm a Chef Success addict.

:D

So many of us are I suggested in a thread last week that we should have a mental health forum.

Yes it is a disease.:p

I used to click on all the forums that showed new posts were added and it took forever but now I always go to new posts and I can scan down so much faster! ...DH also comments that I'm on too much too! Oh well, he has his vices and I have mine. ;)

As vices go, there are MUCH worse. Can't catch anything here, except maybe carpal tunnel from typing. :D

True but I better come up with a different reason for that wrist pain so DH leaves me alone on here. lol :D :D

chefann said:
The blue envelopes are threads that have less than 15 replies or 100 (I think) views.
Red envelopes are threads with more than that.
Envelopes with an arrow are threads that you have posted to.

White chef's hats are areas with no new posts since your last visit.
Red-accented chef's hats have new posts since your last visit.

The blue square with an arrow next to the thread name will take you to the first new post in that thread since you last logged on.

Is there a list with this someplace? As well as what the different colored stars stand for? What numbers the levels change at?

Inquiring minds, . . . .

--Jenny L

Nope- no list. I figured it out from months of posting, and the guide to symbols that's on DH's forum (he's the admin), even though their symbols are not exactly the same.
And the numbers on the stars change occasionally and without warning.

1. What are the symbols on Pampered Chef products?

The symbols on Pampered Chef products are used to indicate the type of material used to make the product, as well as any special features or care instructions. These symbols are standardized and internationally recognized.

2. What do the symbols mean?

The symbols on Pampered Chef products represent different types of materials, such as microwave safe, dishwasher safe, oven safe, and more. They also indicate special features like non-stick coatings or instructions for hand washing.

3. Why are there symbols instead of words?

Using symbols instead of words allows for a universal understanding of care instructions, as the symbols are recognized internationally. This ensures that customers from all over the world can properly care for their Pampered Chef products.

4. Are the symbols the same on all Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the symbols used on Pampered Chef products are standardized and consistent across all products. This makes it easy for customers to understand and follow the care instructions for any Pampered Chef product they may purchase.

5. Can I find a key for the symbols?

Yes, a key for the symbols can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the product care guide included with your purchase. You can also contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance with understanding the symbols on your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RickCarkin
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies