• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do Our Customers Secretly Want?

In summary, people are desperate to find solutions to various problems in their lives. Some people find solutions by reading cookbooks or by preparing meals from pre-packaged ingredients. Others find solutions by cooking and eating different meals every day. Some people also find solutions by feeding their kids breakfast for dinner.
CyndiWilliams
I'm curious...

Based on your own experience with your shows, family and friends, list 2 or 3 top "solutions" you think people are desperate to find for their life.

For example:

I am personally CONSTANTLY looking for these answers:

1. How do I get my 3 year old to eat ANYTHING HEALTHY?
  2. What recipes can I throw together for dinner when I don't have time to go to the store?
  3. How can I lose all this extra weight? (yep.....I sure wish I had that magic answer!)

Maybe we can come up with a list of solutions for each other. ;)

Hugs,
Cyndi

I know I've posted about it in other threads but I'll put it again here.
Answer to number 1... Get the cookbook deceptively delicious (Sienfield) or something similar to it. It uses purees of veggies and fruits added to "normal" food. This way the kids get some nutrients without evening knowing.
(It's helped a lot of my friends feeding their kids)I keep a lot of frozen stuff on hand. Then I can just pop it in the toaster oven and have dinner without having to shop on my tired nightsAs for the weight, the only real solution is to eat less and more healthy and exercise more. I did a detox kind of thing where all I ate was fruits and veggies (and some morningstar type veggie patties) for a week and a half and I feel like it really did help reset my taste buds. I don't crave junk much at all anymore and when I do have candy or something else that isn't so good for me, most the time it doesn't even taste good. I mostly snack on fruits now and or yogurt. It's worth a try.Good luck!

My 2 1/2 yr. old won't eat anything anymore. He used to be the best eater. Now he will only eat meatballs or chicken nuggets for dinner as his main dish. For lunch he'll only eat grilled cheese and sometimes mac n cheese. Very frustrating. I know from my other older kids, this is just a phase. I just try to make sure there is something he'll eat (broccoli, applesauce, potatoes) at dinner. I refuse to be a short-order cook, but I don't want hime to starve either. :) Eventually, he'll start to eat other foods again. He's just being picky right now. I think a lot of it is he's trying to be independent and in control. My older kids did the same thing, and now they will eat dinner pretty well. If they don't like something, they at least eat some of it. They eat much better than a lot of my friends kids, so I don't feel like it's something to really worry about. They are healthy, active, smart kids. So all's well, right?! :)

I have done the detox thing too. Really does make a difference what kinds of foods you get cravings or hungry for. You will find you will lean more towards good things than bad.
I like showing guests that the food chopper can chop up broccoli and other veges really little so they can mix them into the food w/o anyone knowing.
I also love to tell them that by purchasing blocks of cheese and grating them at home, dividing up the cheese into sections that they would need for recipes and wrapping it in aluminum foil, place in freezerfor up to 3 months that they can save money and time.

As far as #2 goes, I try to always have certain staples on hand. At the last minute I can always cook spaghetti with a yummy meat sauce, or cheesy rigatoni with cheesy garlic bread and veggies. I have a great southwestern chicken skillet dinner recipe that has rice, black beans, chicken, taco seasonings and salsa and cheddar cheese. I always have a pillsbury pizza crust on hand. I make a BBQ chicken and pineapple pizza for me and my husband and a regular pizza sauce and cheese one for the kids.

But one thing that helps, is to plan a weeks worth of recipes and get the ingredients at once, so you don't have to run out to the store. It's hard if you plan too many recipes that need fresh ingredients. So I plan 2 recipes that use fresh produce and stuff and the others are recipes that use frozen or other pantry items. I buy beef and chicken when it's on sale and separate it into 1 lb. servings in freezer quart size bags. I defrost using the microwave.

We also do breakfast for dinner once a week. Pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls, bacon, etc. Kids love that and it's easy and fast if we have something going on.

:blushing: Sorry, I just re-read what I've posted and I realize that it probably isn't the best response to the thread if you're looking for advice to relay to guests during a show.

#1...For a few weeks, only serve food only at the dinner table or breakfast table (or wherever your family sits to eat). No in between snacks, and no juice, cookies, candies or bread between meals. Thirsty? Water...Hungry? Have to wait until next meal or offer the fruit or whole veg healthy snack. No, it isn't cruel. You're promoting health.#2 We keep a jar or can of pasta sauce, and a bag of pasta in the pantry. Don't normally eat pasta. We favor linguini or angel hair, also like the low carb pastas. Plus Classico jarred sauce (all flavors). The fancier pasta makes it seem more special than spaghetti :)#3 Low carb diet is the only one that ever worked for me. Just saying.

those of you that have done a detox type of thing, please pm me info!!!!!!!

babywings76 said:
As far as #2 goes, I try to always have certain staples on hand. At the last minute I can always cook spaghetti with a yummy meat sauce, or cheesy rigatoni with cheesy garlic bread and veggies. I have a great southwestern chicken skillet dinner recipe that has rice, black beans, chicken, taco seasonings and salsa and cheddar cheese. I always have a pillsbury pizza crust on hand. I make a BBQ chicken and pineapple pizza for me and my husband and a regular pizza sauce and cheese one for the kids.

But one thing that helps, is to plan a weeks worth of recipes and get the ingredients at once, so you don't have to run out to the store. It's hard if you plan too many recipes that need fresh ingredients. So I plan 2 recipes that use fresh produce and stuff and the others are recipes that use frozen or other pantry items. I buy beef and chicken when it's on sale and separate it into 1 lb. servings in freezer quart size bags. I defrost using the microwave.

We also do breakfast for dinner once a week. Pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls, bacon, etc. Kids love that and it's easy and fast if we have something going on.

Your house sounds like mine. I need to plan, if I don't we end up eating out more than I want. I did learn to do only 1 week in advance because I found fresh produce didn't last or look as good for the week 2 dinners.

I haven't tried the breakfast for dinner but it sounds fun. We eat dinner together, I think its important to sit down and catch up. My girls are 10 so they love to help in the kitchen. Time passes fast and soon they will be out there doing their own thing.

chefmeg said:
those of you that have done a detox type of thing, please pm me info!!!!!!!

Meg, please share with me!!!

Kitchen Diva said:

will do....but no one has pm'd me yet! Come on ya'll........I need a way to help get rid of the salty/sweet cravings so that WW's can be more productive!

chefmeg said:
will do....but no one has pm'd me yet! Come on ya'll........I need a way to help get rid of the salty/sweet cravings so that WW's can be more productive!

I pm'd you. Hope you're ready for a novel! hahah!

Kitchen Diva said:

you've got mail!!!!!

I need that detox stuff too. Quickly! :) I'm enjoying a lofthouse sugar cookie covered with icing and sprinkles now! :D

crystalscookingnow said:
I need that detox stuff too. Quickly! :) I'm enjoying a lofthouse sugar cookie covered with icing and sprinkles now! :D

I love those cookies. I bought some a couple days ago and I have no will power. Ate 2 in 1 sitting.

I did Windsor Pilates a few years ago, and it came with a nutrition guide. I followed the theory and made my own meals with it. The first 2 days I was miserable, but then felt great. I no longer craved baked goods, sweets, chocolate, etc. I guess you could call it a detox. But really, it didn't seem that intense. I just had better nutrition and my body thanked me for it. :) I lost 25 lbs in just 4 months. Now it's been a few years, 2 more kids later, and I've gone back to my bad ways. I know I should follow the plan again. Basically, you have a portion of a lean protein, a healthy fat (almonds, olive oil, etc), complex carbs like veggies (as much as you want), whole wheat products-(watch portion control) with every meal. I drank lots of water. Had dairy products as well. Exercise every day. Felt great, but the down side was that my kids didn't like to eat the salads and fresh veggies, so I was preparing 2 different meals. :( And it meant more frequent stops at the store for all the fresh stuff. Excuses, excuses, I know....I should be better. :)

My SIL did a sugar control diet cant think of the name but you cut out all bread products and anything made with sugar ie pastas and stuff like that. She also took some supplements but she lost so much weight on it and she looked good.

crystalscookingnow said:

Uh...I just finished one about 30 seconds ago!:eek::eek:

The ones I bought the other day were orange cream so Yummy

KellyTheChef said:
Uh...I just finished one about 30 seconds ago!:eek::eek:

Ugh... I LOVE those! I can eat the whole box! Of course I feel like crap for the next 12 hours! Go figure!!!

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What Do Our Customers Secretly Want?"

1. What products do customers secretly want the most from Pampered Chef?

Our top-selling and most sought-after products include our Quick Cooker, Food Chopper, and Stoneware Collection. Customers also love our versatile Mix 'N Scraper and high-quality knives.

2. How do customers secretly want their products to be delivered?

Customers appreciate quick and efficient delivery, so we offer multiple shipping options to fit their needs. We also ensure that our products are packaged securely to prevent any damage during transit.

3. Do customers secretly want discounts or deals when purchasing from Pampered Chef?

While discounts and deals may not be a secret, our customers definitely appreciate them! That's why we offer various promotions, sales, and special offers throughout the year to help customers save money on their favorite products.

4. How can customers secretly provide feedback or suggestions to Pampered Chef?

We value our customers' opinions and welcome any feedback or suggestions they may have. Customers can reach out to us through our website or social media channels, or they can leave reviews on our product pages.

5. Are customers secretly looking for new and innovative products from Pampered Chef?

Yes, our customers are always on the lookout for new and innovative products to make their cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable. That's why we're constantly introducing new products and improving existing ones based on customer feedback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • AJPratt