• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Boost My Catalog Show Sales?

In summary, the host has been open against the advice of the owner for three weeks and has not yet reached the goal of closing out the show. The owner is considering closing the show if the orders do not total $150 by a certain date. The host offered to place the order herself if the orders do not total $300.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I have a catalog show host who's show has been open, against my better judgement, for 3 weeks now (I prefer to keep them limited to 2 weeks) My goal was to close out the show tomorrow but I got an email from the host saying she's only at $120 in orders.

I need to reply to her, and before I suggest that we keep it open EVEN longer I want to be sure she's really showing the catalog. I'm going to ask her if she's asked her coworkers, neighbors, all friends and family...

What guidance or advice do you have for me to get down to the bottom of this, whether people really don't want to order or if she's just not offering it up? How would you handle this situation?

Give her a firm date and let her know that if orders do not total $150, everyone will have to pay higher shipping, based on the $ of their order, and she will not be able to take advantage of the host special. Let her know you will be calling her on that date to wrap things up.

Hope that helps =

Give her the flyer "50 Guests in 5 Minutes"....she may need some help thinking of people who might like to see the catalog.

The flyer is in the files here, if you don't have it.

Thanks Susan and Becky. I do plan on telling her exactly that Susan, if you don't get $150 by X date when we close everyone will have to pay higher shipping and you won't be able to get the host special, so make sure you bump up those orders!

Also, Becky, the 50 guests in 5 minutes is a great idea- never thought about using that for a catalog show... I will send her that!

Keep the suggestions coming :)

Has she taken advantage of your website yet? Is she set up as a show on yours? Have her put all her e-mail contacts in there (Or send you her addy list and you enter it in) and send the catty show invite to EVERYONE. Tell her, no one will be offended. It's just an invitation. You just never know who is in need of something or will be interested in booking when they browse the catalog, or in need of buying a wedding gift or something. She booked this catty show for some reason, try to motivate her again. Find her why and encourage her. Tell her she is so close to qualifying, she just needs 1 order and she'd probably get there.And if all her contacts are tapped out, see if she wants to order something as a guest (to give as a gift or just keep for herself) to get it to count. (she'd have to do the math and see if that is of interest to her, though)

She has had one website order, and she said she didn't want to use the email invitations... only Lord knows why. I am going to tell her if she can't get the extra $30 in guest sales it's worth it for her to place it herself b/c it will save her (and everyone else) on shipping and she'll still get the host special. Thanks!! :)

One thing I've thought of, although I will admit that I haven't tried it yet, is to ask her if she's sent an email to all her contacts. Not through your PWS, but just through standard email. Lots of people have a list of friends to whom they forward everything (you know, all those emails about kids collecting business cards, virus warnings, and all that kind of junk). Suggest that she send an email to her list, asking if anyone wants something - and put a deadline in the note so that it's not set aside for later. I bet she'll get some responses and orders that way.

chefann said:
One thing I've thought of, although I will admit that I haven't tried it yet, is to ask her if she's sent an email to all her contacts. Not through your PWS, but just through standard email. Lots of people have a list of friends to whom they forward everything (you know, all those emails about kids collecting business cards, virus warnings, and all that kind of junk). Suggest that she send an email to her list, asking if anyone wants something - and put a deadline in the note so that it's not set aside for later. I bet she'll get some responses and orders that way.

Or if she's on Facebook, she could let everyone know she's having a Catalog Party. (just make sure she isn't posting a link to your website!:eek:)

ChefBeckyD said:
Or if she's on Facebook, she could let everyone know she's having a Catalog Party. (just make sure she isn't posting a link to your website!:eek:)

That is the last thing I need, lol!

I don't blame her for not wanting to send email invites out of our PWS -- I wouldn't input my information into someone elses system.

You can help her by sending yourself one and forwarding this to her to send to any friend she may have in her email address book. I'm not sure if this screws up the links in the invitation. Anyone know?

chefjeanine said:
You can help her by sending yourself one and forwarding this to her to send to any friend she may have in her email address book. I'm not sure if this screws up the links in the invitation. Anyone know?
Yes, it does. The links will work, but as far as a response link (on cooking show invites), forwarding messes them up. They still show, but all responses will be logged to the original recipient of the note, overwriting each other.

1. What should I say to a host who cancels their party?

It's always disappointing when a host cancels their party, but it's important to remain understanding and polite. You can say something like, "I completely understand if something has come up that prevents you from hosting the party. Is there a different date or time that might work better for you?" This shows that you are willing to work with the host and also gives them the opportunity to reschedule.

2. How do I respond to a host who is not meeting their sales goals?

If a host is not meeting their sales goals, it's important to be supportive and offer helpful suggestions. You can say something like, "I noticed that your party is not meeting the sales goals we had discussed. Is there anything I can do to help boost sales? Perhaps we can brainstorm some ideas together." This shows that you are invested in their success and are willing to work with them to achieve their goals.

3. What should I say to a host who wants to cancel their order?

If a host wants to cancel their order, it's important to be understanding and offer solutions. You can say something like, "I'm sorry to hear that you no longer want to proceed with your order. Is there a specific reason? Perhaps we can find a different product that better suits your needs?" This shows that you are willing to work with the host and find a solution that satisfies them.

4. How do I respond to a host who is not satisfied with their party?

If a host is not satisfied with their party, it's important to listen to their concerns and offer solutions. You can say something like, "I'm sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your party. Is there anything specific that you were not happy with? I'd love to hear your feedback so we can improve for future parties." This shows that you value their opinion and are willing to make changes to ensure their satisfaction.

5. What should I say to a host who wants to reschedule their party?

If a host wants to reschedule their party, it's important to be flexible and accommodating. You can say something like, "I completely understand if the original date and time no longer works for you. Let's find a different date that works better for your schedule. I want to make sure you have the best party possible!" This shows that you are willing to work with the host and prioritize their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies