• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Do if I Don't Know Anyone?

In summary, if you don't have any friends or connections, it's really hard to succeed in MLM. You need to try and find people to sell to before you start, and it's not like Tupperware where you just invite people and they automatically become a customer. It's important to follow up with people after the show to see if they're interested.
childs21503
Hello all,

I have been considering joining PC for quite a while but I am really hesitant because I don't know anyone. I know the only way to succeed in MLM is to know a lot of people to sell to before you start. I tried to do Tupperware and it was a disaster... I had to struggle to even invite 10 people to my party and 4 people never showed up (no call either) , 2 said no, and 2 never returned my call. I have no friends, I am not friendly with my co-workers, and I am not involved in any organizations. I don't know my neighbors. I don't go to church. I haven't even had a show yet because I am required to invite 40 people and that is impossible for me. I don't want strangers coming into my home so I don't want to invite neighbors.

Does it sound like I shouldn't even be involved in sales?

Also, people just seemed to really HATE Tupperware... and I have gotten some negative reactions from people already about PC (too expensive, products are cheaply made and break easily).

Also is this one of those things where you're pushed to tell "6 people per day" that you sell PC? Because that sounds kind of obsessive.. like you're in a cult or something. Does it have to be the be-all and end-all of your life where it has to be mentioned in every conversation (like with the bank teller when you're cashing a check, or the CSR when you're on hold to report a problem with your cell phone, or the cashier at McDonald's)?

Thanks.

Wow, I can see why you feel that all cards are stacked against you!! Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with direct sales before. All I can do is relay to you what my experience has been and those I know who have done this.

Most people do seem to reach out to friends and family to ask them to help you build your business by hosting your first bunch of shows. Not all people start out that way, however. You're bookings will just grow from there. Sure, you'll have shows that you won't get immediate bookings from. But you'll also have shows where you'll be happy with the bookings. I've found that if someone is the least bit interested, they may not host a show right away, but they'll maybe consider it in a few months. Then you ask them if you can follow up with them down the road.

I definitely wouldn't call this a cult! :) That made me laugh though because I know there are companies out there with that mentality. I have never felt pressured to do anything. You make this business what you want. If you want one show a month, that's fine. If you want 8 there are plently of consultants who do that and more. You have an incredible support system through your recruiter/director, upline directors, your cluster and fellow consultants, the trainings and information you have access to, and this website. Yes, you do need to put time into your business, but IMO it's really a minimal amount for the payoff you get. Both financially and personally/professionally.

I think the ability just to TRY PC says it all. You're not locked into it for months on end. You don't have inventory you have to worry about purchasing. So, if you try it for 4-6 shows and it's just not what you were hoping, you're done. And you keep the Starter Kit. You don't have to worry about unloading inventory. I can honestly tell you that the response I get from people about PC has been overwhelmingly positive. I do hear the comment about how some products are expensive, but look through the catalog and you'll see that there are items from .75 up to hundreds. There are tons in between. I have not had people complain that products are not well made, but things do go wrong. I've had customers whose stones have cracked. The good thing about PC is that the customer services is outstanding and they are very willing to work with customers to get products replaced. I have never had an issue with this. But maybe you've had friends with different experiences.

So, anyway, I could go on and on, but feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions or concerns. Obviously Pampered Chef is not for everyone, but you'll never know unless you try. I would never have considered any other company besides PC - for my own tastes and what I was looking for. If you're concerned about buliding a customer base, that is something we can brainstorm about. I know people who have been brand new to a town and started a business from scratch. Anyway, please feel free to email me directly if you'd like to chat more! I'd love to answer more questions. :)

Before you get started in PC (or any direct sales company for that matter), you should know your "why" for selling and be sure that you can be happy selling your company's product line. In my five years of business with PC, I have experienced my shares of ups and downs, but I've never been pushed to do anything. I was much like you in the beginning, with few family or friends to connect with, but if you find some local craft shows, vendor fairs or flea markets, you will build a customer base.

I don't know any consultant who hasn't heard at least once that our products are "expensive," but truth be told, over half of our catalog is priced under $20. As long as you are enthusiastic about your products and provide good customer service, you'll be able to overcome most of those obstacles.

If I can be of any help to you, please let me know. I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you may have!

Mary H.

What Do I Do if I Don't Know Anyone?

Many people worry about not knowing anyone when they host a Pampered Chef party. But don't worry, we have some tips to help you out!

1. How can I get people to attend my party if I don't know anyone?

One of the best ways to get people to attend your party is to reach out to your friends and family members and ask them to invite their friends. You can also post about your party on social media and ask your network to share the invitation.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if I don't know anyone?

Absolutely! You can still earn host rewards even if you don't know anyone. We offer a virtual party option where you can invite people from all over to attend your party online.

3. What if I don't feel comfortable hosting in my own home?

No problem! We offer the option to host a party at a friend or family member's home if you feel more comfortable. You can also host a virtual party from the comfort of your own home.

4. I'm afraid no one will show up if I don't know anyone. How can I avoid this?

To avoid this, it's important to send out invitations at least 2 weeks in advance and follow up with potential guests a few days before the party. You can also offer incentives for attendees, such as a free gift or a discount on their order.

5. What if I still don't have enough people for a party?

If you still don't have enough people for a party, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for additional tips and help. They may have suggestions for reaching out to a larger network or offer a combination party with another host to ensure you both have enough attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • Oklabell