• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Decide What to Get for My First Cooking Show

The Tool Turnabout, some of the bamboo pieces (I bought the medium bamboo bowl and platter--great investment!), DEFINITELY the salad choppers (my best-selling item!), and the stainless-steel mixing bowls.The cookware ... I was happy with mine (at least as far as the skillets) b/c I had a bunch of cast iron which I was raised on. But for PC recipes I could never see myself not using PC wear and so I reluctantly got on with my PC $ during kit enhancement. I find myself using it A LOT! And I also got a stainless set during the spree at NC my first year. SO LOVE IT! (But only b/c my old
kailyon
Silver Member
I'm not sure where to put this, so it's going here :)

I am going to close my first cooking show tomorrow, it went really really well sales wise, but no bookings, boo! Anyway the show was for my mom who is giving me all of her benefits and credits! I have a huge wish list but all I know is I'm getting the DCB for sure. I'm not sure if there is anything else I should get to help with sales or expand my kit. I'm torn between what I want and what I think I need to get! Any advice on what to get?

I suggest the Tool Turnabout, some of the bamboo pieces (I bought the medium bamboo bowl and platter--great investment!), DEFINITELY the salad choppers (my best-selling item!), and the stainless-steel mixing bowls.

I suggest cutting board WITH MEASURE CUPS b/c I sell one every time I show it.You don't need bamboo bowls if you have other bowls and don't see yourself using them. I personally think the spoons show off the bamboo line better ... or the grinders. It can be very cumbersome to take them to every show. But at 60 percent off ... can't go wrong.I WOULD have suggested the round platter for cakes but now that they have the pedestal for the same price, I'd get it instead.And if you have enough credit, I'd get the Family Skillet, esp. if you don't have any PC cookware. You can do one dish recipies in this, and skillet cakes. It is VERY versatile.

Great ideas! but I run into a few problems, I already own a set of bamboo spoons that I've had for years so the bamboo is covered and I have a REALLY nice set of cookware already (pre-PC days so please forgive me hehe). I like the idea of the bamboo serving platter/bowl though cause I just read somewhere about doing the cream cheese and sauce for guests...

I'm trying to reach a good balance between what Kimberly wants and what would sell :)

kailyon said:
Great ideas! but I run into a few problems, I already own a set of bamboo spoons that I've had for years so the bamboo is covered and I have a REALLY nice set of cookware already (pre-PC days so please forgive me hehe). I like the idea of the bamboo serving platter/bowl though cause I just read somewhere about doing the cream cheese and sauce for guests...

I'm trying to reach a good balance between what Kimberly wants and what would sell :)

I usually make different kinds of salsa in my SS bowls and serve them in my bamboo bowl or put the chips in the bamboo and leave the salsa in the SS bowl (which has sold quite a few bowls). This also sells the choppers because I use them to MAKE the salsa. My platter is what I use for breads, I've served slices of cake on it, and even put chips on it. I actually use the bamboo items a lot, now that I think about it! :)

The grinders definitely. I take these to every show. It show cases the bamboo and I use it for the recipes. Mix n- chop (I sell these at every show). digital thermometer,

Trifle Bowl - especially since it will be on special next month.

definately the salad choppers. Since I got mine last fall... I make a quick salsa at every show.. and sell MANY of them... at $25 a piece it can really bring sales of the show up.

Or you can have your own show in early April and get a Triffle Bowl for less!The cookware ... I was happy with mine (at least as far as the skillets) b/c I had a bunch of cast iron which I was raised on. But for PC recipes I could never see myself not using PC wear and so I reluctantly got on with my PC $ during kit enhancement. I find myself using it A LOT! And I also got a stainless set during the spree at NC my first year. SO LOVE IT! (But only b/c my old stainless set of pots were inherited from the fam circa 1960 something.) Actually use the skillet once in a while.

One other thought on the Bamboo bowls ... though I never use the one I have I have never made salsa, and at Spring Launch we learned that metal bowls and spoons can make your salsa taste bitter. So if you ARE making it, I would not use the stainless bowl. Either batter bowl or Simple Additions, or bamboo if you have it.I've never used the Salad Choppers and the one host I had who got them sent them back.

Definitely the Salad Choppers. They are one of my favorite and most versatile items and one of my best sellers. I would also have to get the Mix N Chop!!! I would personally do the Trifle Bowl as a personal order and get the discounted price. I would also recommend the entire set of the Easy Read Measuring Cups, the grinder set, and the Stainless Bowl Set. All of these are things I use all the time in my kitchen, but are also great to have for shows.

Deep Covered Baker hasn't been mentioned!

I think besides the DCB, I would definitely recommend getting a Forged Cutlery Santoku (either 5 or 7"), tool turn about, and another cutting board (I really like the large grooved - nice and big!). SS mixing bowls would be great too, but if you can't afford it after all the other stuff, I'd recommend maybe the small batter bowl - handy to have another bowl for mixing!

kailyon said:

Well, even though you have cookware you definitely need to have some kind of cookware to show at shows. I highly recommend the grill pan or the 12" skillet! I use one or the other quite a bit at my shows. Either grilling chicken for one of my DCB dishes or making a skillet cake. People are VERY impressed with the cookware and gives them reasons to want to book a show!

smart2cook said:

She said she was already getting that ;)

smart2cook said:

Well, she said she was already getting it so I figured she meant what else should she get. That is my #1 recommended item!!! :)

kailyon said:
Great ideas! but I run into a few problems, I already own a set of bamboo spoons that I've had for years so the bamboo is covered and I have a REALLY nice set of cookware already (pre-PC days so please forgive me hehe). I like the idea of the bamboo serving platter/bowl though cause I just read somewhere about doing the cream cheese and sauce for guests...I'm trying to reach a good balance between what Kimberly wants and what would sell :)
smspamperedchef said:
Well, even though you have cookware you definitely need to have some kind of cookware to show at shows. I highly recommend the grill pan or the 12" skillet! I use one or the other quite a bit at my shows. Either grilling chicken for one of my DCB dishes or making a skillet cake. People are VERY impressed with the cookware and gives them reasons to want to book a show!
I agree with Sharon. I know what you mean by already having good cookware, I'm in the same boat. However, I bought the 10 in Executive Skillet that I can use for shows all the time. I love using it to make the Garlic Biscuit Bites or my Sweet Biscuit Bites. It's great to demo the cookware at shows, it's a great booking tool. I LOVE the 12 in Executive skillet, too! I've done recipes using that for shows where the host's microwave is too small and I don't want to do a bar pan recipe.
scrappergirl7 said:
I think besides the DCB, I would definitely recommend getting a Forged Cutlery Santoku (either 5 or 7"), tool turn about, and another cutting board (I really like the large grooved - nice and big!). SS mixing bowls would be great too, but if you can't afford it after all the other stuff, I'd recommend maybe the small batter bowl - handy to have another bowl for mixing!
Yep, I totally agree! The large grooved cutting board, the Tool Turn About, the Santoku knife, SS mixing bowls, and the Trifle bowl would be at the top of my list. My first purchases as a consultant were also the hot pads, timer, more Mix n Scrapers/Master Scraper, and the Quick Stir Pitcher.

So many good suggestions!! I'm closing the show tonight so I definitely need to figure it out!

I'm getting the DCB for sure and a bamboo something along with a few pantry items. I've got LOTS of free product to use so I'm going to sit down with my marker and the catalog :)

What are some popular products for first-time cooking show hosts?

Some popular products for first-time cooking show hosts include the Quick Cooker, the Deep Covered Baker, the Garlic Press, the Mix 'N Chop, and the Manual Food Processor.

What is the best way to decide what products to feature at my cooking show?

The best way to decide what products to feature at your cooking show is to think about what recipes you plan to demonstrate and choose products that will make those recipes easier or more efficient to prepare. You can also consider popular or versatile products that can be used for a variety of recipes.

How can I get the most out of my first cooking show as a host?

To get the most out of your first cooking show as a host, be prepared with a well-organized and engaging presentation, offer product demonstrations and tips, and have a clear understanding of the benefits and features of each product you are showcasing. Also, encourage guests to ask questions and participate in the show.

What kind of discounts or promotions are available for first-time cooking show hosts?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of discounts and promotions for first-time cooking show hosts, such as host rewards, discounted products, and exclusive offers. You can also earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show.

Is there any training or support provided for first-time cooking show hosts?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides training and support for first-time cooking show hosts through online resources, virtual and in-person trainings, and support from your consultant. You can also connect with other hosts and consultants to share tips and ideas for successful cooking shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mandy412
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • n_coleman101