• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Twixit Clips: Solving Citrus Color Confusion

In summary, Twixit Clips are kitchen tools used for sealing bags of food to keep them fresh. They work by clipping onto the open end of a bag and creating an airtight seal. The different colored clips represent different sizes, with larger clips in bright colors and smaller clips in pastel colors. When using Twixit Clips on citrus fruits, the fruit may change color due to a harmless reaction between the fruit's pigment and oxygen. To prevent this, squeeze out excess air before sealing or use a vacuum sealer. Twixit Clips can also be used on other types of produce, such as vegetables, herbs, and sliced meats, as long as excess air is removed before sealing to maintain freshness.
jdavis
:confused: I ordered the 20 twixit clips since I didn't have the white ones yet on my supply order and I got the CITRUS COLORS! Is there another number, did I put it in wrong, or did HO just mess up? Has anyone else had this problem??? :confused:

Twixit ClipsI believe that you can only order the CITRUS COLORS that is on the supply list.

I thought that when you ordered you would get whatever color is 'in' for the season. I mean, why would I want the citrus colored ones when it is the white ones that are in the catalog now and the citrus are discontinued?? That is the only reason that I sent in for them on this order.

The same thing happened to me. I think the problem is we ordered them through paperwork/supply. Had we ordered them on a personal order they would have been white. I didn't order them last season, so I was kinda' happy I got the citrus colors. I just placed a personal order and got the white ones.

What are Twixit Clips and how do they work?

Twixit Clips are a kitchen tool used for sealing bags of food. They work by clipping onto the open end of a bag and creating an airtight seal to keep food fresh.

Why are there different colored Twixit Clips?

The different colors represent different sizes of clips. The larger clips are made in bright colors, while the smaller clips are made in pastel colors.

Why is my citrus fruit changing color after being sealed with a Twixit Clip?

Citrus fruits contain a pigment called anthocyanin which can react with oxygen and cause the fruit to turn a different color. This reaction is completely harmless and does not affect the taste or quality of the fruit.

How can I prevent my citrus fruit from changing color when using Twixit Clips?

To prevent color change, make sure to squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing the bag with the Twixit Clip. This will reduce the amount of oxygen that can come in contact with the fruit. You can also try using a vacuum sealer for even better results.

Can I use Twixit Clips on other types of produce?

Yes, Twixit Clips can be used on a variety of produce such as vegetables, herbs, and even sliced meats. Just make sure to squeeze out excess air before sealing to maintain freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dollfangs
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies