• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Right Cookware: Recommendations and Considerations

In summary, the protagonist is considering getting the Grill Pan, Stir Fry Skillet, Double Burner Griddle, or 10" Saute pan. She recommends the Grill Pan because it is a unique piece and it is the only thing it is good for.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Ok, so I triple checked with my current August host who is closing on Monday. She does not want to use the 60% off on cookware. She said it's fine if I use it. Now here is my dilemma what should I get. I don't want to order a set right now because I have a fairly new set of cookware that I'm happy with. I know I should and will probably get the 12" skillet. The large skillet I have needes replacing and doesn't have a lid. So I'm torn as to what other piece I'd be happy with.

I'm considering Grill Pan, because I never use my foreman grill because I hate cleaning it.

I also considered the Stir Fry Skillet. But don't think I'd use it that often to be honest. It was used for an awesome recipe my recruiter made at my show I hosted before I signed.

I also would love the double burner griddle.

I also wouldn't mind having the 10" saute pan and that would be more in my price range as well.

So what do you all recommend that have these items and which will I use more.

I say grill pan!

I'd stick to the 12 in skillet. :)

If I'm understanding correctly she can choose 2 pieces of cookware... if not, definitely stick with the 12" skillet! If so, the 12" skillet and the grill pan!

The 12" skillet is featured in a lot of recipes. Second choice would be the Grill Pan.

Yes she did earn level 2 and 12" skillet is really a no brainer. I was leaning most towards grill pan so I'll wait to see if anyone disagrees with you and decide on Monday!:)

I like the Grill Pan or the 10" Saute pan. I love the saute pan and am looking forward to using it at shows for the garlic biscuit bites. I got it not that long ago and love having it.

I got my 12" skillet and I love it! I got it last week and I've used it over a dozen times already. I made that chocolate cherry skillet cake the other night and my kids went crazy for it.

I am ordering the grill pan because I already have a couple of the 12" deep skillet by another cookware. I figure the grill pan is an unusual piece too that people might want but might not be able to get it everywhere....

HATE the Grill Pan!

It's as hard to clean as the GF Grill I had. I have to literally take my fingernail and scrape the gunk out of the crevices. I've tried everything to make cleaning it easier - and it's never easier. I now use it only for things that create no juice - like sandwiches. It's the only thing its good for. Oh - and it's not just me, because I've had customer complaints about the same thing.

The 2 pieces besides the 12" that I love and use are the Double Burner Griddle (BIG surprise for me - I only got it because I had Panorama points to use, and already had everything else) I use it at least a couple times a week. LOVE it!

And the 10" saute pan - that's just a great size for my family, and also for the Biscuit Bites at shows. I sell a lot of them 1/2 price and full price to Empty Nesters and Small Families.

Dumb ? Can you use the Double burner on an electric stove top?

ChefBeckyD said:
HATE the Grill Pan!

It's as hard to clean as the GF Grill I had. I have to literally take my fingernail and scrape the gunk out of the crevices. I've tried everything to make cleaning it easier - and it's never easier. I now use it only for things that create no juice - like sandwiches. It's the only thing its good for. Oh - and it's not just me, because I've had customer complaints about the same thing.

Too funny. I LOVE that grill pan. I just soak it for a bit with hot water and sometimes a dash of vinegar and scrub it out with our kitchen brush and wa la, done. That's the beauty of why we have many and varied products! We all have our fav's and not so fav's.

I just got the double-burner griddle, as I was tired of making pancakes for my hubby and then for myself! I've also heard of others making enchiladas in the oven with it. Hubby likes the grill pan and uses the grill press on his bacon! I use my 12" and 10" skillets the most, while the 8" saute pan stays out on the stovetop for hubby's eggs. I hardly ever use the stir fry skillet, so I say skip it if you don't think you'll use it. It takes up a lot of space!

I just got my 12" skillet yesterday and can't wait to use it. I would get the double-burner griddle, if I could afford another piece right now, I have wanted one for a while but with the Dinners Done Right I think the 12" is going to be a big seller!

12 INCH SKILLET, Hands down!! Can you tell I love it.

I use to have the GF grill as well, and hated cleaning it. I do love my grill pan, but I always go over it with oil and the silicone brush before I use it! If you are considering buying to help with your business, I would consider the idea of taking the small saute pan in both the SS and Non-stick. They are small and people can compare apples to apples.

12" skillet - you'll get the most use out of it. grill pan doesn't do it for me - would rather use the actual grill. I also got an extra 8 " saute pan (executive) and put it away. eventually one of my kids will move out and will need some cookware- or you can purchase it and use it as an incentive for someone to host a party.(and for anyone trying to clean a pan that doesn't clean that easily, take a used bounce sheet, put it in the pan, run hot water in the pan and wait a little bit. all the food will loosen and you can use the sheet like a brillo to clean the pan. works great!)

What Cookware to Order?

When it comes to choosing cookware from Pampered Chef, here are five of the most frequently asked questions:

1. What kind of material is the cookware made of?

Our cookware is made of high-quality, durable materials such as stainless steel, cast iron, and non-stick coatings. Each piece is designed to provide optimal cooking performance and longevity.

2. Is the cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our cookware is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the cookware.

3. Do I need to season the cast iron cookware?

Our cast iron cookware comes pre-seasoned, so you can start using it right away. However, it's always a good idea to periodically re-season it to maintain its non-stick properties.

4. Can the cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Most of our cookware is versatile and can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, some pieces may have specific stovetop compatibility, so be sure to check the product description before purchasing.

5. What is the warranty on the cookware?

We stand behind the quality of our products, and our cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If you encounter any issues with your cookware, our customer service team will be happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikiknits
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • Poll
  • jessicafawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef