• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Make With Gala Apples?

In summary, Janeen has about 10 gala apples that will go bad very soon if she doesn't use them. She doesn't want to throw them away, but no one wants to eat them either. She thinks about how to use them and decides to make applesauce with them. She also thinks about making taffy apple pizza with the other apples.
ilovpc
Gold Member
I have about 10 gala apples that will go bad very soon if I don't use them :yuck: I don't want to throw them away, but no one wants to eat them either:( Do you know a recipe that calls for this many apples? I even don't know if this kind is good for baking or cooking at all. Any ideas on how to use them? :chef:

Thanks,

Apple Berry Salsa, homemade baked apples, eat them (my fav!), apple bread (make several and give them away).

Make applesauce. Peel, core, and slice the apples and put them in a big pot with just a little water (maybe 1/2 a cup) then let them simmer. As they start to break down, start to break it up with the mix n chop, and add a little sweetener to taste if you feel it needs it, and also a little cinnamon. If you like your applesauce smoother, use the mix n masher to make it smoother.

Serve warm or refrigerate until cold. Any that you don't think you'll eat within a couple days, put into a freezer container and freeze.

you could even slice them, toss them in a bit of 7-up to keep them from turning brown and freeze them for when you actually want to eat them.

Taffy Apple Pizza? I know you usually use a more tart apple for that, but it might still be fine. You can also chop up the apples and put lemon juice on them and then use them later in pancakes or muffins. I have a great bran muffin recipe you could put them in. :)

I agree with Becky, applesauce! I use gala apples all the time to make it and my family loves it! I had so many recently that I made a batch of applesauce and an apple pie, it was yummy!

Janeen

Ok I think I'm going to make applesauce. My husban and boys love applesauce...I just didn't know how to make it.

babywings76 said:
Taffy Apple Pizza? I know you usually use a more tart apple for that, but it might still be fine. You can also chop up the apples and put lemon juice on them and then use them later in pancakes or muffins. I have a great bran muffin recipe you could put them in. :)

Can you share your bran muffin recipe with me? :D I can use half of the apples for the applesauce and the other half for the bran muffins :chef:

Thank you All!!!

What Can I Make With Gala Apples?

Gala apples are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Here are some popular recipes:

1. Can I use Gala apples in a pie?

Yes, Gala apples are great for making pies. Their sweet and crisp flavor makes for a delicious filling. Try making a classic apple pie or add some spices like cinnamon and nutmeg for a twist.

2. How can I use Gala apples in a salad?

Gala apples can add a delicious crunch and sweetness to any salad. Try slicing them thinly and adding them to a spinach salad with goat cheese and walnuts. You can also dice them and add them to a Waldorf salad with celery, grapes, and mayonnaise.

3. What desserts can I make with Gala apples?

Gala apples are perfect for desserts like apple crisp or apple crumble. You can also make a delicious apple cake or bread with them. Try topping them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a tasty treat.

4. Can I use Gala apples in savory dishes?

Absolutely! Gala apples can add a touch of sweetness to savory dishes like pork chops or roasted chicken. You can also make a delicious apple and cheddar grilled cheese sandwich or add them to a savory tart with caramelized onions and cheese.

5. How can I use Gala apples for meal prep?

Gala apples are great for meal prep because they don't brown quickly. You can slice them and add them to your lunch salads or chop them and use them as a topping for oatmeal or yogurt. You can also make batches of apple sauce or apple butter to use throughout the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PurpleAngel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ltkacz
  • vwpamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies