1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What can I make w/ Blackberry jam?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Friends keep giving me this stuff. I like jam a little, but don't use it very often. Occasionally I'll buy English muffins and put butter and jam on that. But otherwise, what on earth can I do with this stuff? :)

Aug 11, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I like to put a big teaspoon of it with my maple syrup for pancakes or french toast. It's a cheaper way to make flavored syrup- with less Corn Syrup. :D and it thins down my maple syrup (I buy the REAL stuff..so it's not cheap...so we use very little at a time. The jam makes it go further.)

Aug 11, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

PBJ?
    How about using it as a layer in a trifle?

Aug 11, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

That sounds neat. Maybe my family would like that. We typically just use Aunt Jemima syrup. :D

Is there something I can do with this for a dinner recipe or something? Mix it w/ something on chicken or meatballs or something? Just not sure what, how much, if that would be gross or what. And actually, I've never even had blackberries/jam before. So I'm not sure on what flavors would go well w/ it.

Aug 11, 2009
  5. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

this has nothing to do with dinner but I put a scoop of blackberry or strawberry jam in my shakes....really good with homeade jams! Or just on ice cream

Aug 11, 2009
  6. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

not to hijack, but in my drug induced state, I read this as "How can I make my blackberry jam?" (as in the phone work better)...had to look twice at that.

Aug 11, 2009
Have something to add?