• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Do Instead Of Using a Julienne Peeler for Cutting Carrots?

In summary, if you don't have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle, tall glass, or clean soda can. Instead of a pastry bag, use a zip-top bag with a corner cut off. Substitute parchment paper with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. If you don't have a food processor, try a blender, potato masher, or mortar and pestle. And for a garlic press, use a knife or grater to mince or grate garlic cloves.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I have a show tomorrow where we'll be preparing the summer berry layered salad. The directions say to cut carrots into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler, which I do not have. What would you do instead of this? My first thought was chop with the Food Chopper. Is there anything that might be better than this idea? Thanks for all of your help!!

Do you have the mandoline? Maybe do thin slices on that?

You could shred them longways with the UM without using the Food Holder. Just be careful not to add any knuckle.

I often have "accidents" with blades at my parties, so I may want to stay away from using the mandoline like that. If I just had them cut them with a knife, would that be too much?

If you used the regular peeler to cut long ribbons, you could then cut them inso skinny strips- would be a lot thinner strips that way, and easier on knuckles

sushimommy said:
If you used the regular peeler to cut long ribbons, you could then cut them inso skinny strips- would be a lot thinner strips that way, and easier on knuckles
That's a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that!! Thanks so much!!!

See if you can borrow one from a fellow consultant.

1PamperedMommy said:
That's a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that!! Thanks so much!!!

you're very welcome! my guests always love to see me use the 'regular' tools to do fancy things, too (like, no mango wedger, but other tools accomplish the same goal, and they learn about the mango at the same time)

What Can I Do Instead Of...

1. "What can I do instead of using a rolling pin?"

Instead of using a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle, a tall glass, or even a clean soda can to roll out dough.

2. "What can I do instead of using a pastry bag?"

If you don't have a pastry bag, you can use a plastic zip-top bag with a small corner cut off to pipe frosting or other fillings onto your baked goods.

3. "What can I do instead of using parchment paper?"

If you don't have parchment paper, you can use aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat as a non-stick surface for baking.

4. "What can I do instead of using a food processor?"

If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender, a potato masher, or a mortar and pestle to chop or puree ingredients.

5. "What can I do instead of using a garlic press?"

If you don't have a garlic press, you can use a knife to mince garlic cloves or a grater to finely grate them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • Chef Laurie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
Replies