• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Need More Time to Resolve Credit Cards? E-mail HO and Share Your Thoughts!

In summary, a late show had a declined card and the guest was contacted August 1st. The show was resolved by the 10pm deadline and the host remembered that her Mom had a case of Identity Theft recently.
baychef
Silver Member
Remember when we were recently talking about our shows that would not close? Well my June 3rd show was rolled into July, she finally contacted me and ordered one thing to cover her free products and nothing else. Not a problem. This was submitted July 31st (I know...) then I saw that if I did not submit about $300 more in sales, I would lose out on $767 because I would not make AD payment...but TL level. All else was green, so I ordered enough to get my organization sales to AD.

The show that closed late had a declined card...:mad::cry:. Called the guest on August 1st. She replied yesterday and resolved the credit card. Apparently I missed the fact that if shows were not resolved by 10 pm on August 1st, they would not count for July.

Imagine my mood (and blood running cold) when I found out that this show was put in on August's commission.

I was so :mad::mad::mad::mad: but "complained up" to my director. She suggested I e-mail Amy Neal (our ED sales person) and ask HO to consider letting us have more than 22 hours to resolve a credit card.

Yes, I see ALL of my errors and my behind is sore from me kicking myself.

If any of you agree, could you e-mail HO as well to ask if we could have a little more time to resolve a card?

July is and remains my worst month for getting people to close shows, etc. And with vacations and the last minute debate on Capital Hill...that had made many more very nervous about their credit cards. Or is it just me shivering in fear?:bugeye::eek:

I was surprised when I saw the blurb in the Web News that July's shows needed to be resolved by August 1st. Especially with July 31 being a Sunday. It did not leave a lot of wiggle room. I also see HO's point they get twice the number of show submission on the last couple of days of the month than for the rest of the month. I wonder how many declined cards they get at the end of the month as well. Either way, I do side with you and it is not enough time.

I guess they are not giving us a lot of lee-way considering that if the Credit Card authorization was working we wouldn't be able to submit it at all. sucks....

:( I'm sorry girl! I had one on hold too, but for a silly reason. The "ship to" address for 2 of the guests matched the "ship to" address for the host. When I called, the guy didn't get that some military addresses have multiple people assigned to the same address. He asked if I wanted to "leave it as is" and I told him yes. To me, there was 3 options: 1) leave it alone 2) Change it to "ship-to-host" and 3) enter a new address for the 2 guests. He only saw it as 2 options: 1) Change it to "ship-to-host" or 2) enter a new address for the 2 guests. When I said "leave it as-is", he put me on hold & changed it to "ship-to-host". I explained that it's a violation of military regulations for us to do that. He said he couldn't enter it like I had submitted it. Wrong! I've submitted SEVERAL shows already from Tokyo where the post office is too small to accommodate all the personnel and SEVERAL of the commands do the same thing this host's command in England does! After multiple times trying to explain that there's a 3rd option, I gave up & asked for his supervisor. She understood what I was saying, reversed the "ship to host" option & put it back to "direct" shipping & then said she would have to send it to another department for an override to take it off hold. She assured me it would be resolved by the 10PM deadline. Luckily, it was!

Oh, and there was no e-mail notification that it was on hold. The host remembered that her Mom had a case of Identity Theft recently & called to see if her Mom's card went through or if Mom had used the card that she had since cancelled. I might not have thought to check to see if it was on hold otherwise! The Mom had used a different card, but I'm glad the host called me instead of her Mom to ask that question! (She knew I was up later than her Mom!)

I believe 48hrs is reasonable, not 22, but maybe there is a financial reason (for closing their books) that we do not know about.

Sorry Ann to hear about your situation. :(

This situation does suck Ann! HUGS! But unfortunately, it doesn't matter what we think.

It was a 22 hr. deadline for end of June, too. I gave my team a heads up to make sure to check for shows on hold or it wouldn't count for SAT. Forcing us to close before the end of the month, I think, which doesn't work for those end-of-the-month shows.

But remember, HO has now giving us permission to make the shows that last weekend of the month an early show for the following month. I just wish they would give us a way to override the online shows to do that. If I schedule a cooking show for July 30th and the Host wants it to be an Aug Show, I have to put the wrong date on the online show for the outside orders. If they would give us a drop down menu to override the current month's specials and pick next month, it sure would be nice! :D

Sheila said:
But remember, HO has now giving us permission to make the shows that last weekend of the month an early show for the following month. I just wish they would give us a way to override the online shows to do that. If I schedule a cooking show for July 30th and the Host wants it to be an Aug Show, I have to put the wrong date on the online show for the outside orders. If they would give us a drop down menu to override the current month's specials and pick next month, it sure would be nice! :D

Yes!!!!!!! THIS is what we need to be suggesting to HO and Tech Support!

Sheila said:

YES! And they need to have the next month's host specials on P3 that week before too just for those cases - and early catalog shows so we don't have to do the math separately or wit to finish the host order.

Ann, I am so sorry about your situation. :( especially since you even took pains to not be short. Uggg. I agree 48 hours is more reasonable. If the cc authorization was working we'd know right away and could do something about it but how do they expect us to connect immediately with everyone who might decline when they won't return calls. And again it's not us but other consultants who don't always see the whole picture and what it does up the line.

Ann- I'm with you too!!!!! I couldn't get ahold of the 1 declined card for $93 & left her 3 messages & an email.....
Monday had to work all day then a show & then home to pack to leave for a 2 day get away w/the kids....long story short finally heard back from her @ 1pm on Tuesday. Was at Six Flags w/my kids so I took the card # down & figured I'd call HO later in the day......ok next call from my Director telling me that I MISSED the deadline for this CC.....can you imagine what I felt like being in line for the new rollercoaster w/my kids & trying to hold it TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED I call HO right then & find out there's NOTHING they can do..............WHAT????!!!!????

22 hours IS NOT enough time as I explained WHY should we have to front the $$$ their explanation.....oh cancel the order....really I needed the sales to make the quota!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes the doctor doesn't even call you back in 22 hours.
these guests don't think that it's an EMERGENCY that they have to call back the PC Consultant!
so needless to say I had a bit of a break down in the line :cry: :cry: :cry: & then called HO when we got back to the hotel only to hear them tell me to do shows earlier in the month......
this is RIDICULOUS!
so now I've let my Director down who's an Exec......!!!!!!!!
ALL FOR $93!!!!!!!!

I just feel that we shouldn't have to put any $$ out of our pocket to cover this!!!!
Like I told the 1 lady I go shopping to Wal-Mart & the run my card & if it's not enough $$$ IMMEDIATELY you know!!!!!!!!!!!
why do we have that authorization on P3 if it's NOT IMMEDIATE??????????????

VENT over now :)

Sheila said:

Please, please, please contact Tech Support about this. They do listen. Last month, I submitted the idea that we should be able to send an e-card to our entire downline all at once by having a check box to fill in. Every week, I would have to send the same e-card 6 times to get to all of my downline (6 Directors that I had to click on and then select their downline). It was a pain in the rump!
I noticed on August 1st, I had the option of now sending an e-card to just my Directors OR to my Directors and their teams!!! Yeah!!! 1 click and I'm done!

I'm sure I'm not the only person who suggested this, but it sure does feel good that they listened.

Anne, last month I had one of the girls on the team on a plane from Japan to Seattle, WA in the middle of a military move when we learned her show was on hold. Her Japan numbers were no longer valid & I didn't have a stateside number for her since she was in the middle of moving back to the states. She was the ONE thing holding up my AD level and 2 lines up getting a pay raise too. Luckily, when she stepped off the plane in Seattle, she checked Facebook (PM) and took care of it when she got to the hotel. I was trying to leave to go out of town, but had to get it resolved by 10PM. We got it done about 6:30 PM and I was able to hit the road. Didn't reach my destination until 9PM with 2 toddlers in tow! Luckily, it worked out, but it was pretty stressful for quite a few hours.

yeah, a 22 hour turnaround IS ridiculous.

I know a lot of people prefer credit cards at their show, but when a customer asks me, I tell them I prefer a check. Especially if it is at the end of the month. I have a great bank and my checks get clear pretty quickly and I know about a bounced check fast. I get too stressed about a declined card at the end of the month.

I wish we could run the cards as we get them, before the party is closed. I know if I have a party on the 1st and it doesn't close until the 15th, some people think I have already run their card and by the time I do there are insuficient funds. When I fill up at the gas station, they put a $75 hold on my card, I can't remember why. It is standard practice here with debit cards. We could do the same thing, run the card immediately and put a hold of the order amount on the card until we close the show.

I feel terrible for the people who miss their sales because of a declined card. I had one that was on hold Monday morning too and I stressed about it all day. I called twice and emailed and finally reached her husband. Like someone said it is not an emergency to them, just us. I think 48 hours would be a reasonable amount of time too. BUT I must admit I am torn about the pre approval of cards coming back. I HATED it when we had it. I submit my shows really late at night (like after midnight.) and there is nothing worse for a card not to go thru when you can't call the customer and then the show will not submit at all. Now I know the idea is not to submit at the end of the month, but sometimes that is easier said than done. I already have to push my hosts that I close their shows in the month held. I agree with Anne that we should never have to cover a customers order and there are plenty of months I don't even have enough in my account to cover it. I don't think there is a way to make everyone happy, but maybe they could at least give us a little longer to resolve shows.

Thanks everyone for the support! I should have paid attention better but given what I have heard...there have been many a situation where you can't get ahold of the card owner.

I know we are not supposed to judge people, but I could have almost wrote the story on this one. I too prefer checks (and I cash them right away). This was a debit card, it was lost and she was in the proccess of getting a new one....and the funds wouldn't be in there until Friday anyway (Friday, August 5th!!). I asked her to send me a money order and she didn't think she would remember, blah, blah, blah...this was a guest and the host was not too far behind!! I know that the host wanted to get more but ran out of money. In the end, I could have closed the party that day and all would have been well...again, the day of the party was June 3rd!!! See why I am prejudging?;)

Ann,
who do we send the email too? Career Solutions? I've told them via phone but would like to have something in writing!

TIA :)

cookingwithlove said:
I know a lot of people prefer credit cards at their show, but when a customer asks me, I tell them I prefer a check. Especially if it is at the end of the month. I have a great bank and my checks get clear pretty quickly and I know about a bounced check fast. I get too stressed about a declined card at the end of the month.

I wish we could run the cards as we get them, before the party is closed. I know if I have a party on the 1st and it doesn't close until the 15th, some people think I have already run their card and by the time I do there are insufficient funds. When I fill up at the gas station, they put a $75 hold on my card, I can't remember why. It is standard practice here with debit cards. We could do the same thing, run the card immediately and put a hold of the order amount on the card until we close the show.

I have had this happen several times and lost the order b/c of it. So frustrating..on 2 counts 1. that it wasn't able to run quicker (usually b/c of the host b/c I don't ever "hold" shows for myself) and 2. HELLO you committed to spending this amount, don't go out and spend it somewhere else in the meantime!!

I like that we can just send in the order and deal with declined cards the next day. All too often it comes down to a midnight closing. At least we're able to get it in by the deadline for any promotions for us. And I do care about that! LOL! However, I do agree that 24 hours (Less) is not nearly enough time to reach someone and clear it up. They should allow 48-72 hours. I will not take checks for my business and even with this added stressor taking checks is just not worth it for me. I've been burned ENOUGH!

Okay now I am a bit confused (easily done)... Ann, does the show still count as a July party, but you will not get paid for it until the Mid-August? I always thought that if the show was submitted regardless of cc holds it still counted toward that month's sales. If you did not resolve it by the designated day you were just paid on it at a different time. So now what I am learning is that although the party was held and submitted in July it does not count toward your July sales and your July structure. Would this be true if it were a sell-a-thon month? Would the sales not count toward the sell-a-thon or other monthly promotions? :yuck:!

annew said:
Ann,
who do we send the email too? Career Solutions? I've told them via phone but would like to have something in writing!

TIA :)

My ED had me address my e-mail to Amy Neal but I think she is heading up the Execs in the North East. Things switch around so much that I really do not know who to address it to. Sorry.:(

cookingwithlove said:
Okay now I am a bit confused (easily done)... Ann, does the show still count as a July party, but you will not get paid for it until the Mid-August? I always thought that if the show was submitted regardless of cc holds it still counted toward that month's sales. If you did not resolve it by the designated day you were just paid on it at a different time. So now what I am learning is that although the party was held and submitted in July it does not count toward your July sales and your July structure. Would this be true if it were a sell-a-thon month? Would the sales not count toward the sell-a-thon or other monthly promotions? :yuck:!

Yes, the party counts as a July party. All of my records indicate that it was a July party and their specials will be July. Because it was resolved after 10 pm CT on August 1st, it will be in my commission on the 15th. And yes, no mattere what the promotion was, it is now considered a July party submitted in August. So along with losing the structure pay :cry: it will not count towards any promotions. I was not going to make the 4 parties for the skinny mini or gas card. Just need to really push for these hosts to get on it and close up those parties. This one was an extreme.

cookingwithlove said:
...When I fill up at the gas station, they put a $75 hold on my card, I can't remember why. It is standard practice here with debit cards. ...

:eek: I hope they have that well posted for customers to see! I haven't had that happen yet since being back in the states. Which company is doing that??? The various stations I've used just do $1. Heck, my tank won't even hold $75 worth of gas. If a gas station put a hold on my checking account for that much I'd be livid!!!

To my knowledge all gas stations do this. That is how they know the $$ will be there BEFORE you fill up. Even if I'm planning to only put $20 in my tank it won't let me gas up unless I have $50-75 in available funds in my account.

baychef said:
My ED had me address my e-mail to Amy Neal but I think she is heading up the Execs in the North East. Things switch around so much that I really do not know who to address it to. Sorry.:(

Thanks Ann!

Chef Kearns said:
To my knowledge all gas stations do this. That is how they know the $$ will be there BEFORE you fill up. Even if I'm planning to only put $20 in my tank it won't let me gas up unless I have $50-75 in available funds in my account.

This is what I thought too. It's just standard practice.

If I go inside to pay, they want a $ amount to set the pump. But I haven't had them guess what I'm spending when I pay outside. So far, it comes through for $1 on my checking account for a day or two, then the whole amount. I've gotten gas at several different stations in the DFW area over the last few months, Corsicana (TX) and even on the road to Alabama a couple of months ago. You girls need to tell me what stations do that so I can avoid them! Or maybe it's just my bank that overrides that???

It is standard practice, but it depends on the bank as to how it shows up on your account. It also makes a difference whether you run your card as a debit card with the pin number or if you run it as a credit card.

1. How can I resolve credit card issues for shows that did not close on time?

To resolve credit card issues for shows that did not close on time, you can contact the guest and ask them to update their payment information. You can also reach out to your director or HO for assistance.

2. Will I lose out on commission if I cannot resolve credit card issues by a certain deadline?

If your credit card issues are not resolved by the designated deadline, you may lose out on commission for that particular month. It is important to stay on top of any credit card issues and resolve them as soon as possible.

3. Can I still earn AD level if I am unable to resolve credit card issues in time?

If you are unable to resolve credit card issues in time, you may not be able to earn AD level for that particular month. It is important to stay organized and communicate with your guests to ensure all credit card issues are resolved in a timely manner.

4. Is there a specific time frame in which credit card issues need to be resolved?

Yes, there is a specific time frame in which credit card issues need to be resolved in order to count towards your commission for that particular month. It is important to check the deadlines and make sure all credit card issues are resolved before the designated date and time.

5. Can I request for more time to resolve credit card issues?

If you are having trouble resolving credit card issues within the designated time frame, you can reach out to HO and request for more time. It is important to communicate with your director and HO to find a solution and ensure all credit card issues are resolved in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Jennie4PC