• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Recipe Ideas for April

In summary, the conversation included discussions about a host who wanted specific items for a party, a recipe for Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad, using the trifle bowl for presentation, and a recipe for Nancy's Trifle. The conversation also mentioned using chipotle rub as a substitute for cayenne, and making a layered salad or dessert trifle in April. The trifle recipe includes a chocolate cake baked in the Deep Covered Baker, mixed with pudding and cool whip, and topped with strawberries, chocolate, and pie filling. The participants in the conversation shared ideas for presentation and variations on the recipes.
kcjodih
Gold Member
for April?

I have a host who booked specifically because she wants the cake pedestal and/or 3 tiered stand. I'll be bringing those plus the trifle bowl since it's the Mother's Day special but that's way more than I normally bring for display. Then of course I'd like to lean towards a DCB recipe which means bringing that too...ugh what happened to downsizing what I bring? This month is going to be torture!!

Any and all recipe ideas for April would be appreciated! :)

Someone had mentioned making the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos into a salad instead of serving them as actual tacos. I did it and it is fabulous. This is the version I'm planning to make whenever I get the chance this summer.

Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad
(served on the large bamboo platter because it is not heavy; neither is the salad)​
2 small heads romaine lettuce (about 4 cups shredded)
1-2 limes, divided
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional but recommended)
3 cups diced grilled chicken breasts (seasoned with PC Southwestern Seasoning)
1/2 small jicama
1 small mango
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
Crushed Tortilla Chips to taste

1. Shred lettuce using Santoku Knife; spread over PC Large Bamboo Platter.
2. Zest limes using Microplane(R) Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp. Juice limes to measure 3 tbsp. Place zest, 1 tbsp of the juice, mayonnaise, cumin and cayenne pepper, if desired, in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Spoon the sauce into resealable plastic bag; twist to secure and set aside.
3. Peel jicama and mango using Serrated Peeler. Slice jicama using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade. Slice jicama and mango into 1/4-in. strips. Chop cilantro. Combine jicama, mango, cilantro, salt and remaining lime juice in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.
4. Top lettuce evenly with chicken, jicama mixture and avocado, if desired. Trim corner of sauce-filled bag; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle salad with crushed tortilla chips. Serve.
Yield: 6 servings

I'm doing the same.The one thing that I have done differently is to double the salad dressing recipe, for those that like more on their salad. I've served it on the large Bamboo tray also, with the extra dressing on the side in one of the small bamboo bowls, with the small bamboo ladle.It's the most incredibly beautiful presentation.Oh - and Jodi - I'm only bringing the Trifle Bowl w/ me to shows, not the other two. They are heavy, and harder to transport. I let the catalog sell them for me. :) For this salad, I am cooking the chicken in the DCB w/ garlic oil, and a sprinkle of chipotle rub.

Becky, I cheated and added a little more lime juice (as RR says "eyeball it") which made the dressing a bit thinner and it went farther and no additional mayonnaise was added. (Partially because my hostess didn't have enough mayo in her house for me to double it!) I had one person say "I hate cumin" but she admitted that the salad was awesome much to her surprise.​

I'm doing this recipe in the trifle bowl for dinner tonight. I also heard that you could subsititue 1/2 tsp. chipolte rub for the cayenne.

I am offering this recipe, a layered salad or dessert trifle in April. All presented in the trifle bowl. I am not carrying the other host specials either. The pictures in the catalog do them great justice.

BethCooks4U said:
I'm doing this recipe in the trifle bowl for dinner tonight. I also heard that you could subsititue 1/2 tsp. chipolte rub for the cayenne.

I am offering this recipe, a layered salad or dessert trifle in April. All presented in the trifle bowl. I am not carrying the other host specials either. The pictures in the catalog do them great justice.

I sub chipotle rub for the cayenne.

ChefBeckyD said:
I sub chipotle rub for the cayenne.

It was probably one of your posts that I heard it on then. :thumbup: :love:

I will be making a trifle AND using the DCB-

Here's my recipe-

Here's Nancy's Trifle.....

1 box Choc cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
Mix cake according to directions
BAKE cake in DEEP COVERED BAKER for 10-12 min
Let rest 2 min, run a spatula around edges so it will release
Turn cake on cooling rack, Cut cake into chunks

In bowl mix- 2 C cold milk 2 small pkgs pudding(vanilla, wht choc or cheesecake flavor)
Whisk till thick, fold in 8 oz thawed cool whip..set aside

Chop 2 1/55 oz choc bars- set aside

Mix together 1 can Strawberry Pie filling & 1/2 cup cranberry juice- set aside

Assembly- 1/2 of cake, 1/2 strawberries, 1/2 choc, 1/2 pudding & repeat.

YUMMY and it shows the baker!!!!!

Nancy, that sounds good--how does the cake come out in the DCB? Is it a mess when y ou turn it onto the cooling rack?

cake turns out great-

Its one big brick, even if it didn't turn out good, it does not matter its a trifle :D

I cook the cake for about 10/11 min

I'm making the Strawberry Tres Leches Trifle - Oh my, is it gooooood! And Magic Chicken in the DCB. Then I'm bringing all the pantry sauces for people to dip their chicken in.

cmdtrgd said:
I'm making the Strawberry Tres Leches Trifle - Oh my, is it gooooood! And Magic Chicken in the DCB. Then I'm bringing all the pantry sauces for people to dip their chicken in.

I like the idea about bringing all the pantry sauces to dip chicken in. I have an incredible 30 minute chicken show coming up, I am still waiting for my sample order (I had to wait until the end of the month to order), but should have it by that party, and I think it come with a couple of the sauces.

1. What type of recipes are best for April?

In April, lighter and fresher recipes are popular as the weather gets warmer. Think salads, grilled dishes, and fruit-based desserts.

2. Are there any seasonal ingredients to incorporate into April recipes?

Yes, April is a great time for asparagus, peas, strawberries, and rhubarb. Try incorporating these ingredients into your recipes for a fresh and seasonal touch.

3. What are some ideas for Easter recipes?

Easter is a great time to make traditional dishes like glazed ham, deviled eggs, and hot cross buns. You can also put a twist on these classics by adding a unique ingredient or flavor.

4. How can I make recipes that are both kid-friendly and Easter-themed?

You can make fun and festive recipes for kids by using cookie cutters to shape sandwiches or pancakes into Easter eggs or bunnies. You can also use food coloring to dye hard-boiled eggs for a colorful and tasty snack.

5. Can you suggest any recipes that are perfect for spring picnics or potlucks?

Absolutely! Some great options for spring picnics or potlucks include pasta salads, fruit platters, and easy-to-grab finger foods like pinwheels or skewers. You can also make a refreshing beverage like lemonade or iced tea to go with your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennihopper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJeniLobdell
  • babywings76