• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are you making..

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
for April?

I have a host who booked specifically because she wants the cake pedestal and/or 3 tiered stand. I'll be bringing those plus the trifle bowl since it's the Mother's Day special but that's way more than I normally bring for display. Then of course I'd like to lean towards a DCB recipe which means bringing that too...ugh what happened to downsizing what I bring? This month is going to be torture!!

Any and all recipe ideas for April would be appreciated! :)

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007

Someone had mentioned making the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos into a salad instead of serving them as actual tacos. I did it and it is fabulous. This is the version I'm planning to make whenever I get the chance this summer.

Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad
(served on the large bamboo platter because it is not heavy; neither is the salad)​
2 small heads romaine lettuce (about 4 cups shredded)
1-2 limes, divided
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional but recommended)
3 cups diced grilled chicken breasts (seasoned with PC Southwestern Seasoning)
1/2 small jicama
1 small mango
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
Crushed Tortilla Chips to taste

1. Shred lettuce using Santoku Knife; spread over PC Large Bamboo Platter.
2. Zest limes using Microplane(R) Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp. Juice limes to measure 3 tbsp. Place zest, 1 tbsp of the juice, mayonnaise, cumin and cayenne pepper, if desired, in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Spoon the sauce into resealable plastic bag; twist to secure and set aside.
3. Peel jicama and mango using Serrated Peeler. Slice jicama using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade. Slice jicama and mango into 1/4-in. strips. Chop cilantro. Combine jicama, mango, cilantro, salt and remaining lime juice in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.
4. Top lettuce evenly with chicken, jicama mixture and avocado, if desired. Trim corner of sauce-filled bag; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle salad with crushed tortilla chips. Serve.
Yield: 6 servings

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I'm doing the same.

The one thing that I have done differently is to double the salad dressing recipe, for those that like more on their salad. I've served it on the large Bamboo tray also, with the extra dressing on the side in one of the small bamboo bowls, with the small bamboo ladle.

It's the most incredibly beautiful presentation.

Oh - and Jodi - I'm only bringing the Trifle Bowl w/ me to shows, not the other two. They are heavy, and harder to transport. I let the catalog sell them for me. :) For this salad, I am cooking the chicken in the DCB w/ garlic oil, and a sprinkle of chipotle rub.

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Becky, I cheated and added a little more lime juice (as RR says "eyeball it") which made the dressing a bit thinner and it went farther and no additional mayonnaise was added. (Partially because my hostess didn't have enough mayo in her house for me to double it!) I had one person say "I hate cumin" but she admitted that the salad was awesome much to her surprise.​

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I'm doing this recipe in the trifle bowl for dinner tonight. I also heard that you could subsititue 1/2 tsp. chipolte rub for the cayenne.

I am offering this recipe, a layered salad or dessert trifle in April. All presented in the trifle bowl. I am not carrying the other host specials either. The pictures in the catalog do them great justice.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I'm doing this recipe in the trifle bowl for dinner tonight. I also heard that you could subsititue 1/2 tsp. chipolte rub for the cayenne.

I am offering this recipe, a layered salad or dessert trifle in April. All presented in the trifle bowl. I am not carrying the other host specials either. The pictures in the catalog do them great justice.

I sub chipotle rub for the cayenne.

nancycookspc

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2008
I will be making a trifle AND using the DCB-

Here's my recipe-

Here's Nancy's Trifle.....

1 box Choc cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
Mix cake according to directions
BAKE cake in DEEP COVERED BAKER for 10-12 min
Let rest 2 min, run a spatula around edges so it will release
Turn cake on cooling rack, Cut cake into chunks

In bowl mix- 2 C cold milk 2 small pkgs pudding(vanilla, wht choc or cheesecake flavor)
Whisk till thick, fold in 8 oz thawed cool whip..set aside

Chop 2 1/55 oz choc bars- set aside

Mix together 1 can Strawberry Pie filling & 1/2 cup cranberry juice- set aside

Assembly- 1/2 of cake, 1/2 strawberries, 1/2 choc, 1/2 pudding & repeat.

YUMMY and it shows the baker!!!!!

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
Nancy, that sounds good--how does the cake come out in the DCB? Is it a mess when y ou turn it onto the cooling rack?

nancycookspc

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2008
cake turns out great-

Its one big brick, even if it didn't turn out good, it does not matter its a trifle :D

I cook the cake for about 10/11 min

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
I'm making the Strawberry Tres Leches Trifle - Oh my, is it gooooood! And Magic Chicken in the DCB. Then I'm bringing all the pantry sauces for people to dip their chicken in.

shelly.nurse

May 28, 2009
I'm making the Strawberry Tres Leches Trifle - Oh my, is it gooooood! And Magic Chicken in the DCB. Then I'm bringing all the pantry sauces for people to dip their chicken in.

I like the idea about bringing all the pantry sauces to dip chicken in. I have an incredible 30 minute chicken show coming up, I am still waiting for my sample order (I had to wait until the end of the month to order), but should have it by that party, and I think it come with a couple of the sauces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Niki Kate
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views