• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Asking for for Christmas?

In summary, Becky's Christmas is going to be hard because her husband had surgery and they don't have much money. She is hoping to get a lot of her Christmas present from her husband.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok...my DH and I don't normally really 'do' Christmas gifts for each other (because we actually always end up buying what we want ourselves when all the sales are going on :blushing:). But I have two boys who really want to get mommy something for Christmas....we typically do take them shopping.

My DH asked me to do a list, and he promised to do one for himself too.
But I don't want or need anything (or don't trust my husband to have the foggiest clue how to go about getting it *lol*).

So I was just curious- what are all of you putting on your Christmas lists? (Maybe something will spark my memory and I can say "AH-HA!!)

I just did simple things. (My GPS is wrapped under the tree - I picked it out!)

I told them (DH and DS):

Pajamas
Slippers
Robe
Gloves & Scarf
Perfume
Candles
GC to Barnes & Noble

And they can just choose something from that list...

Cuisinart PerfecTemp Tea Kettle -- It has a temperature gauge

I love getting and giving Pajamas!

ChefBeckyD said:
I just did simple things. (My GPS is wrapped under the tree - I picked it out!)I told them (DH and DS):pajamas
Slippers
Robe
Gloves & Scarf
Perfume
Candles
GC to Barnes & NobleAnd they can just choose something from that list...
Uummm, Becky, maybe I can get those candles to you before Christmas. :eek: So sorry I still don't have them from my friend. If you happen to be going down Byron Center Rd south of M-6, stop by and grab them! Maybe I should call Rick.:rolleyes:

I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted this year. I did ask for a couple new games for my Wii, new pillows for the couch, new water filter pitcher for the fridge, some perfume and some shoes. I really need a new robe too so I'll see what I get and then maybe get that for myself.

Is there any books that you like?

I always like getting new pj's, wall calendar, books, CD's and DVDs. My husband usually picks out some good surprises - one year he bought a great kitchen cart on wheels from Crate and Barrel and even put it together himself (which is huge since I tend to build all furniture in this house) and surprised me with it on Christmas morning. Another year - he got me a new watch. I always tell him I don't need anything but he likes to spoil me!

I only asked for my perfume from DH. I always get myself new VS Pjs every year though. :p

I will be lucky to get even that though..... our dog re broke it's leg and cost us $2800 to surgically graft, plate and repair... so needless to say... we hare having a VERY Light Christmas this year. :(

Wii Fit. that's all I want.

I asked for a CD and for my kids to be happy. That's it.

It is going to be a hard Christmas for us, as DH just had surgery on Tuesday and we have been paying attorney bills since August. :(

It's the worst Xmas we will have ever had. Last year was the best, and I will hold that memory close.

I lost my Gov't job in April, and we are putting the little money we have after buying our house last February - to get married January 2 in a very quaint wedding with just our closest friends and family of about 30 people - since I am in dire need of being added to FI's health insurance.

The hardest part will not be going home to be with family for Christmas.

ummm lets see since it is just DH and I...I loaded up my list lol
DS Lite game system
2 Games from said DS Lite
Pajamas
VS gift certificate
Massage Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate to get new jeans
a couple movies
and DH always surprises me with things I never asked for but things I always love....he spoils me way tooo much!!!

i did buy a Blue Ray DVD player that I am giving to DH as one of his gifts....but really its a gift for both of us!! We love to have movie nights

Wii Fit. DH already got it for me. Other than that, I just need pajamas. I'm terrible about asking for things because most of what I want, I need to be the one to pick it out. Or it's too expensive and we need to wait on it. For example: I REALLY need to buy some new clothes, work out clothes, a new watch (on that I'm NOT allergic to), a new necklace, new linens for our bedroom and bath, oh and paint! :D

An apology which I am not expecting to receive from two of my adult children.

babywings76 said:
For example: I REALLY need to buy some new clothes, work out clothes, a new watch (on that I'm NOT allergic to), a new necklace, new linens for our bedroom and bath, oh and paint! :D

Oh I hear you! That is so me, I desperately need new clothes and things to make my home look homely.

a flat screen TV for my office

I need a purse. BAD! Not expecting to receive one from anyone, though. Very personal choice, anyway.

pkd09 said:
An apology which I am not expecting to receive from two of my adult children.

*hug* Sorry. :(
Don't give up hope. My DH was the 'adult kid' who owed his folks the apology last year. I don't know if it was Christmas, or the fact that he overheard me crying on the phone with his mom one day and our 5 yr old was crying because I was, but he did eventually call them.

I hope you get your wish.

pamperedlinda said:
a flat screen TV for my office

I've been thinking about asking for a little TV for my office. I'm a TV addict. Maybe if I had one in there I could monitor my shows while getting some work done.

I did a show last month. The host had the perfect set-up. She had a little LCD or flat screen on her kitchen counter that she could turn and have it face into her office in what used to be the dining room. To me that's the best of both worlds - TV in the kitchen and in the office. DH won't let me watch TV in bed so I end up staying up too late at night watching it in the family room. I enjoy his boys nights out b/c I can watch TV in bed. How sad that I look forward to going to bed early on Friday nights when I don't have a show.

Sounds like most of us want things that require a personal pick - the clothes, perfume, purse. I'm asking for some CDs (B-52s, Tori Amos, Foo Fighters Greatest Hits), my annual calendar, and some hand lotion from L'Occitane - a true indulgence. I'm sure the kids will hook me up with some good chocolate. My mom said we're getting a big fat check to use after we move next year, thought it might go toward Disney, too. I'd rather have a check than stuff under the tree.

I asked for a house. :blushing:

We put an offer in on a house and it was accepted. I hope to be moving within the next month, unless something drastic changes our plans. My fingers are definitely crossed that this goes through.

Hubby asked me what I wanted and I said "Tony Stewart (nascar driver)!!!" he just laughed, but i was serious. :D

but in reality, itunes gc, anything twilight, anything tony stewart, anything pc, books, i would LOVE one of those digital reader thingies. a new laptop. i am not picky. LOL

Here's what I would like for Christmas: that all of you who celebrate Christmas have a great one with family and friends :)

As for Hanukah, which begins tomorrow night, I would like a job. I interviewed for a 3-month contract position Tuesday and have been called back for a second interview tomorrow. The job would start next week, just as I am winding down my current contract. I do have to admit that if I get this job, I will treat myself to a Nook :)

susanr613 said:
Here's what I would like for Christmas: that all of you who celebrate Christmas have a great one with family and friends :)

As for Hanukah, which begins tomorrow night, I would like a job. I interviewed for a 3-month contract position Tuesday and have been called back for a second interview tomorrow. The job would start next week, just as I am winding down my current contract. I do have to admit that if I get this job, I will treat myself to a Nook :)

I'll be praying the interview goes well for you, Susan!

Becca_in_MD said:
I've been thinking about asking for a little TV for my office. I'm a TV addict. Maybe if I had one in there I could monitor my shows while getting some work done.

I did a show last month. The host had the perfect set-up. She had a little LCD or flat screen on her kitchen counter that she could turn and have it face into her office in what used to be the dining room. To me that's the best of both worlds - TV in the kitchen and in the office. DH won't let me watch TV in bed so I end up staying up too late at night watching it in the family room. I enjoy his boys nights out b/c I can watch TV in bed. How sad that I look forward to going to bed early on Friday nights when I don't have a show.

Sounds like most of us want things that require a personal pick - the clothes, perfume, purse. I'm asking for some CDs (B-52s, Tori Amos, Foo Fighters Greatest Hits), my annual calendar, and some hand lotion from L'Occitane - a true indulgence. I'm sure the kids will hook me up with some good chocolate. My mom said we're getting a big fat check to use after we move next year, thought it might go toward Disney, too. I'd rather have a check than stuff under the tree.

I have an old tv in here now - it was my grandmother's tv (and she has been dead for 12 yrs...) it has a tiny screen and even with the cable hook-up it only goes to channel 36 - which I have issues with b/c The Food Network is channel 57! LOL At least I can watch the Today show on it in the mornings :) I am so looking forward to my new TV (I went with DH to pick it out so I know I'm getting it - DS thinks it a surprise though and I'm not going to spoil it for him)

heat123 said:
I only asked for my perfume from DH. I always get myself new VS Pjs every year though. :p

I will be lucky to get even that though..... our dog re broke it's leg and cost us $2800 to surgically graft, plate and repair... so needless to say... we hare having a VERY Light Christmas this year. :(

Heather SO sorry about your dog :( All I want is another one, I've had dogs for the last 40 years, but DH says NO MORE!! :grumpy: What kind of dog is it? Do you have any pics on FB?

Susan, I hope your job interview goes well too! And I'm sorry for all those who have coped with losses this year~

As for me ... NOBODY ever asks me what I want ... so this year, I got some gifts for myself. I'm wearing one of them (new black jeans) right now. (I tried them on to see how they'd fit.) Also got a pair of dress pants for work and a programmable crock pot. So now I'm set! (I got some unbelievable deals on them all and I couldn't pass them up.)

BadGirl said:
I asked for a house. :blushing:

We put an offer in on a house and it was accepted. I hope to be moving within the next month, unless something drastic changes our plans. My fingers are definitely crossed that this goes through.

Good luck & congrats. That's what I got last year from Santa Me. The best part is the first mortgage payment wasn't due until January. :thumbup:

Hubby NEVER gets what's on my list, so this year we decided to do it a little differently. I'm buying what I want, he's buying what he wants. He will not know what I received until Christmas Day & I won't know what he received until Christmas Day! LOLMy birthday is on the 17th. I did make a point to remind him that I've asked for the SAME gift for my birthday last year, Christmas last year, our anniversary, valentine's day AND Mother's day and still haven't gotten it ... a gift certificate to go to get a pedicure (they do very fancy nail art too as part of the package) and a gift certificate for a 1 hour full body massage. HOPEFULLY, he'll come through this year!!!

I was trying to figure this out myself. I have to give my mom ideas or she will get me things that I will never need. She is famous for getting things that don't apply to me, bubble bath when i don't have a bathtub, contact solutions and I have 20-20 vision, a portable dvd player for in the car...i was the only one driving?! SO...needless to say I have to come up with some ideas.

My FI is getting me some new winter boots from L.L. Bean but I didn't ask for anything, we are saving for my DD's braces and our wedding.

I think I will ask my mom for a GC to get my hair colored and a GC to VS.

I want a programable crockpot and some other things, but I put them on the wedding registry and I don't have many ideas for the registry to begin with so I will leave them there.

This may sound mushy but all I want is for everyone to be able to be happy and carefree again. I would love it if I could hear news that all of the sudden tons of people are working again, that Osama has been caught, that health care is going to be fixed and that America is going to be all right again. That is what I want.

Chris, at Kohls they have crock pots for $19.99 AFTER rebate. Got one of those $10 cards off anything? Then it becomes $9.99 after rebate!

I made a decent list this year as we have a bunch of family we swap with who wants lists so in reality my list isn't that big. I asked for:

1) a Wii Fit (we're getting the boys a Wii this year so thought this would be prefect.) I doubt I'll get this though.
2) PJ's
3) Red Door Perfume
4) Julie and Julia DVD
5) earrings (a lot of mine have either tarnished, fallen apart or have been lost over the years)
6) Photo albums (scrapbooking is great but I need something to put pictures in in the meantime!)
7) At a glance Jumbo year dry Erase Wall Calendar
8) I Love Lucy calendar (my entire kitchen is Lucy!)
9) white ankle socks and warm fuzzy fleece type socks!

I just told hubby today I also need a phone charger for my car as mine is falling apart!

I am always talking about stuff. This leads my husband to believe that I'm never satisfied, which is a false assumption!

Anyway...
* There is a shimmery necklace from Silpada that I would love
* A new fancy camera that I can zoom in to my kid's faces on stage. I usually zoon in and get instead a fabulous shot of the back of the lady's head in front of me.
* My kids to stop fighting. My older boys to act more mature (12 and 11 y.o.)

We have truly been blessed. The Lord has supplied all of our needs so we indulge many of our wants. We've been trying to be a blessing to other people. That always is a great gift to give and receive!!

Susan - my fingers are crossed that the contract comes through. Let's get everybody back to work. Happy Hanukah.

I firmly believe in getting yourself a little something, something for Christmas. Already have a chocolate orange to go in my stocking.

Linda - we had my grandmother's old huge console TV in our family room until a year ago and she's been dead for 19 years and the TV was bought well before her death. We got a check from my mother last year and a great deal at Costco. Not to say I wouldn't take the new big TV from the PC Games :) Enjoy your new one and getting all of the channels.

Ginger428 said:
Heather SO sorry about your dog :( All I want is another one, I've had dogs for the last 40 years, but DH says NO MORE!! :grumpy: What kind of dog is it? Do you have any pics on FB?

Thanks Ginge...Yup, they are under "pups". They are pomchi's. :)

heat123 said:
Thanks Ginge...Yup, they are under "pups". They are pomchi's. :)

I went there last night, they are SO cute!!

I only asked for a Kindle. Wanted one for a long time now. I know hubby didn't get me on tho so hopefully my in-laws will come through for me. My hubby already has all my presents under the tree and the one person who knows what they are says I will be crazy not to like them so I am trying to figure out what they are lol

I wish my DH was able to do this without my help really...but he doesn't think that way. :( I can drop hints till I'm blue and he'll still be a swing and a miss. Can't fault him for trying though.I'm still stumped though. I love to read- but don't have time, so what's the point in a book. Maybe a GC- but we hate doing GCs- at least for each other. I've got tons of PJs, robes, etc, don't take baths (so no bubbles/salts). I have an iTouch- but don't really like getting things on iTunes. The only things I've come up with so far are a few things to add to my Wii Fit (3" risers, and the new Fit Plus) - which involve me trying to get on the band-wagon to lose my final 20lbs *yeah...so excited - NOT*, and Pioneer Woman's Cookbook.....for some reason- I can't get away from the Food/Diet circle...UGH. :)Williams-Sonoma had some nice kitchen fragrances for soap/lotion- but I'm not a lotion person. There is one sweater I liked at Christopher Banks but he'd be more likely to find a needle in a haystack before he'd probably find that! (if I had time, I'd go the mall and take a photo of it, but I don't). :) This is what you get when you just purchase gifts for yourself! ANd it doesn't help that what I really need and want aren't things you can purchase! (I need organization and control in my office/home management system....it's too chaotic for me)

I have the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook--love it. Definitely put that on your list. I am always looking at her blog.

I asked for smartwool socks, pieces to go with my fiesta dishes, photoshop elements 8, and mentioned gift cards to a few places I like to shop from my family and from my boyfriend I asked for a new tahoe, john deere gator, or laser hair removal but instead he got me a new Nikon SLR camera.

I just added Teacher Supplies to my list and maybe a nice desk organizer or something. I'm toying with the idea of a nice craft cart, but need to shop around a bit for that...so may have to ask for that "on account" *hehe*.

I also thought about asking DH to pay for my tattoo but I'm still to nervous to get it!

I tell ya, I was having some trouble coming up with a list and now that most people have gone ahead and bought whatever I'm coming up with all kinds of things! Anyway, I would LOVE some of those microfleece sheets. I bought a set for my son (he doesn't have heat in his room -- we have to use a space heater), and I never want to get out of bed when I snuggle with him before his nap or at bedtime! They are soooooooo soft and warm!

Ginger428 said:
I went there last night, they are SO cute!!

Thanks! They are my babies!:p

liposuction, laser hair removal, boob lift

Laser Hair Removal HURTS like HECK (only imagine a stronger expletive)!!

After going to the AT&T store I think I want an IPhone!! That was stinking cool!

Ok...so after making dozens of cookies, and two trifles in the last 2 days, with 1 more trifle and more cookies due on Monday and ANOTHER dessert for my Cluster party on Tuesday, I think I SHOULD keep the weightloss items on my list!! :eek: It was so cute though- my son asked me if I was making my list to put in the Elf-mailbox tonight (we have a small mailbox ornament on our tree. It's the magical way to get letters to Santa. The elves come in at night by way of magical snowglobes and retrieve the letters and leave goodies behind....) :)

pampered1224 said:
This may sound mushy but all I want is for everyone to be able to be happy and carefree again. I would love it if I could hear news that all of the sudden tons of people are working again, that Osama has been caught, that health care is going to be fixed and that America is going to be all right again. That is what I want.

It's not mushy at all....and I think many people echo your sentiment....I know I do

This year I have a big wish but its mostly a dream list! A scrapbooking tote, perfume, a laptop, Apple Ipod Touch, Mary Kay makeup...okay, now that I'm over a thousand bucks I guess I should stop dreaming!

Thanks Susan and Happy Hanukkah to you! I have been out of work for a month as of the 8th and totally realized how much I already have! As I have been cleaning and repairing things, I have run into so much stuff I have that I never use, it is almost embarrassing! So what I want is totally immaterial. I really do a new drill though so I can finish up a few more projects. My dad is coming up on Tuesday to help me with my bathroom vanity as it needs to be replaced but now I do not have a drill. Maybe I can get Pat to get that for me this weekend as an early gift. Anyway, I have my Pat and family and I am so loving being off that I can't think of anything else I need or want except to see others happy!

I have put a new 5 burner stove and over the range micowave/convection oven on my list or a princess cut anniversary band.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies