1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What are the best recipes to offer in your hostess packets to have the best shows?

1. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

Hi,
    I finished my first 6 shows. I am working on my hostess packets. I am wondering what are the best recipes and or theme shows that I should include in my hostess packet/or give the host. Should I offer a lot of recipes or a little? Which theme shows are the best to offer? I've heard of some consultants only offering one recipe a month. I am basically wondering what recipes get the best results, the best attendance, sales, bookings etc. If any of you can post your "Recipe Selections" that you give your host that would be awesome too! Thanks so much.
    Katie:chef:

Jul 11, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Re: What are the best recipes to offer in your hostess packets to have the best shows

I don't give my hosts recipe selections.

I ask them if they want an appetizer demo or a Main Dish demo, and I encourage them to do a main dish. Then I suggest a DCB recipe, and that's what we do. If they want an appetizer, I do the Jerk Chicken Nachos (using the DCB to cook the chicken), and pineapple rum sauce w/ cream cheese and crackers, or french bread and the oil dipping seasonings.

Generally, I don't do desserts as the demo, because I've found that for me, when I demo a dessert, I don't get the sales or bookings that I get with a DCB main dish recipe.

I do sometimes do a dessert pre-made as an extra recipe if the host has 15 or more confirmed guests.

Jul 11, 2009
  3. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Re: What are the best recipes to offer in your hostess packets to have the best shows

How do you cook the chicken? How long etc? What do you did if the dcb doesnt fit in micro? I've been wanting to do recipes in it, but have not had hosts w/ big enough micros. Thanks!

Jul 11, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

The directions for the 30 minute chicken is in the Recipes section of CC.

As for a too small micro... some consultants have suggested bringing their own, or co-hosting with a friend whose micro is big enough.

Jul 11, 2009
  5. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Oh, I know how to make that. I thought maybe she was cooking chicken breasts in the micro. Never made Jerk Chicken (don't even eat chicken) so I wondered if you would cook breasts in micro for recipe.

Jul 11, 2009
  6. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

Cooking chicken breasts in the microwave is awesome... such a quick way to have cooked chicken ready for a recipe.
    I just sprinkled 2 chicken breasts with jerk rub, and then cooked for about 10-12 min or so (checked with the thermometer or just cut in half to see if it's done).
    The BEST!

Oct 3, 2009
Have something to add?