• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Androids Can You Get the TPampered Chef App?

In summary, the conversation is about the compatibility of the Pampered Chef app with various devices. The iPhone and iPad are not android devices, but any device with an android operating system should support the app. However, the Kindle Fire and some older android phones may not be compatible. The speakers also discuss the possibility of using the app offline, but it seems that it currently requires an internet connection for full functionality.
mrsjewell
What androids do the pampered chef app download to besides the iPhone and iPad

The iPhone and iPad aren't android devices. They're Apple devices. Anything that runs an android operating system should support the PC app.

That's what I would of thought but my kindle fire won't download the pc app and neither will my android phone

Interesting. The Kindle is an e-reader, so that doesn't surprise me. Your android phone does. My android phone is an LG Optimus G. I knew my Windows phone wouldn't run it. Is your phone older?

It's a little over a year old and I'm about to upgrade that is why I have asked which androids can get the pc app because I would like to get a phone that I can use it on

My android phone is Motorola. It works ok with the app. I prefer the Ipad, but it works good when I don't have wifi service.

Shawnna said:
My android phone is Motorola. It works ok with the app. I prefer the Ipad, but it works good when I don't have wifi service.
Am I wrong in thinking that the iPad will work without wifi (there's an app for that?)? This is the reason I bought the iPad, so I could take it to shows and input information without being connected to anything.

If you purchased the Ipad with cellular capabilities, all you need to do is go to the carrier of your choice (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T), and have it "activated". If you only purchased the standard iPad with WiFi only, you can not just turn this iPad into one with cellular capabilities. One option would be to go to the carrier of your choice and purchase a MOBILE HOTSPOT. This will be like having portable WiFi wherever you go. (you may be able to use your cell phone as a mobile hotspot)

michembry said:
If you purchased the Ipad with cellular capabilities, all you need to do is go to the carrier of your choice (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T), and have it "activated". If you only purchased the standard iPad with WiFi only, you can not just turn this iPad into one with cellular capabilities. One option would be to go to the carrier of your choice and purchase a MOBILE HOTSPOT. This will be like having portable WiFi wherever you go. (you may be able to use your cell phone as a mobile hotspot)
I understand ^this ^ stuff but was led to believe that with the iPad Pampered Chef had created an app that could be used "off line/grid" -- similar to being able to use our computers with P3 when we are not online.

I just turned off my wifi and I can still get onto the app and look at the shows I already have set up - I'm going to assume that you can still work with it off line, but would need to be online to submit.

chefjeanine said:
I understand ^this ^ stuff but was led to believe that with the iPad Pampered Chef had created an app that could be used "off line/grid" -- similar to being able to use our computers with P3 when we are not online.
It is my understanding that our tech people don't know how to do that kind of app- and that for the app to work COMPLETELY, you have to be on the internet in order for it to calculate sales tax. I've read others stating this, so that is why they use the paper method to calculate and then finish later. OR they use mobile hotspots (I've never been able to get mine to work) with their cell phone. You can use the app from the sounds of it, but not everything is correctly calculated for totals. DUH! Sounds like the P3 people need to teach the App people a few things on how to work OFFLINE. They haven't figured out that not everyone in the world is wired up to the internet 100% of the time (nor want to be or can afford to pay for it!).

esavvymom said:
It is my understanding that our tech people don't know how to do that kind of app- and that for the app to work COMPLETELY, you have to be on the internet in order for it to calculate sales tax. I've read others stating this, so that is why they use the paper method to calculate and then finish later. OR they use mobile hotspots (I've never been able to get mine to work) with their cell phone. You can use the app from the sounds of it, but not everything is correctly calculated for totals. DUH! Sounds like the P3 people need to teach the App people a few things on how to work OFFLINE. They haven't figured out that not everyone in the world is wired up to the internet 100% of the time (nor want to be or can afford to pay for it!).

If that's true, you have NO IDEA how angry that makes me. If it can't be accurate in this mode, it is less than useless. They need to get their $hit together and make it right. :mad:

chefjeanine said:
If that's true, you have NO IDEA how angry that makes me. If it can't be accurate in this mode, it is less than useless. They need to get their $hit together and make it right. :mad:
I'm only going on what I've read others complain about- so no first hand knowledge on the details. But yes, seems a bit stupid to me. I'll know soon enough I guess. I'll try to make the switch later this month, and hoping to have my sister-in-law/team member give me a crash course. She's been using it longer.

esavvymom said:
I'm only going on what I've read others complain about- so no first hand knowledge on the details. But yes, seems a bit stupid to me. I'll know soon enough I guess. I'll try to make the switch later this month, and hoping to have my sister-in-law/team member give me a crash course. She's been using it longer.
Bobbi,I hope it goes super smoothly for you. I appreciate your input! I was thinking about making the change this month. . . but guess I need to do more research.

When I use my mobile phone app (from android LG Lucid 2), I am able to view everything that is needed to set up my shows and input all data. I just cannot send receipts or submit shows until I turn on my WiFi or DATA.
I am always sure that I put in all show information and create that show before the actual show, because you will need WiFi or DATA to get that set up (I always work from Beta on my laptop to set up the shows, my android phone at shows/events to take orders and record guest info., and then I ALWAYS finish my shows on Beta on my laptop (just to be safe))

What Androids Can You Get the TPampered Chef App?

The Pampered Chef App is available for Android devices running on version 4.3 or higher. This includes popular brands such as Samsung, LG, Google, and HTC.

Is the Pampered Chef App free to download?

Yes, the Pampered Chef App can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. However, some features may require in-app purchases.

What can I do with the Pampered Chef App?

The Pampered Chef App allows you to browse and shop for products, access recipes, create shopping lists, and track your orders and rewards. It also offers cooking tips and videos for using Pampered Chef products.

Can I use the Pampered Chef App without an internet connection?

While an internet connection is required to initially download the app and access certain features, the Pampered Chef App allows you to save recipes and shopping lists for offline use.

Is the Pampered Chef App available in multiple languages?

Currently, the Pampered Chef App is only available in English. However, the website offers translations in Spanish and French, and the app may expand to include more languages in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • esavvymom
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Barry Carlton