• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Recruits Ghost and How Can You Prevent It?

In summary, I have had two potential recruits in the last two weeks to just stop communicating with me. I had a scheduled phone call with the first one and needed to change the time to an hour earlier. When the time came for the phone call, she didn't answer her phone. I tried again a half hour later and still nothing. I sent her an email and still nothing. I tried about 3 more times by phone and one more email. I am really not sure what happened.
ChefBevShu
Gold Member
I have had two potential recruits in the last two weeks to just stop communicating with me! I had a scheduled phone call with the first one and needed to change the time to an hour earlier. I emailed her and she said that was fine. When the time came for the phone call, she didn't answer her phone. I tried again a half hour later and still nothing. I sent her an email and still nothing. I tried about 3 more times by phone and one more email. I am really not sure what happened....

The next girl held a great show and then contacted me a week later. She had quit her job and was really interested in being a consultant. Great! We scheduled a meeting for her interview and it went really well. She couldn't sign that day because her husband was in the hospital and she wanted to get him home before she started this new venture. She was to sign tomorrow. I have tried to call her just to see if she had scheduled her first shows and to see if she had any questions on the material I gave her. Nothing! No response from messages left or emails sent.

I just don't get it! Maybe it's just my luck to have two right together, but it's really frustrating! Can anyone give me advice on what to do. I don't want to waste my time and energy on recruits that are not going to work out but at the same time I don't know how to just let them go.... Help Me Please!:cry::cry:

Bev,

It happens.. the one with the DH in the hospital, may need time to get her life back together.. the other one may have been distracted by something going on in her life. Give them a few days and send an email, telling them your thinking of them and hope things are going well, let them bring up signing. Show you care about them, not just them signing up.

I agree w/ Terry.If the first one agreed to the time and it got confirmed, then either something came up or she blew you off. It sounds like you tried many times to reach her with no luck, so I'd give her some space. I'd send her a light-hearted and friendly e-mail in a few days saying you're sorry to have missed her, but understand things come up sometimes. Hope everything is okay. If she'd still like to meet or discuss things, you're available. You'll try to give her a call next week and see if the timing might be better. Or something like that maybe.For the second one, maybe things aren't going well with her husband coming home from the hospital. I'm sure helping him and making sure he's okay is a higher priority right now. I'd just give her some space and then send an e-mail like Terry said.I know it's hard when people seem really excited and set on signing and then things happen like this, but it's just the nature with people. Things happen sometimes. Keep your chin up, maybe they still want to sign. And also to repeat Terry, show you care about them and not just in signing them up. You don't want people signing up if the timing is bad for them and they end up not qualifying anyway. The timing has to be good for them.

I guess I will just need to be patient...and get my thinking going in the direction of helping them, not working towards a trip. Just a little disappointing I guess...so ready for a vacation.

Life happens to us all. I'm guessing that the timing is just coincidental for both of them to have had stuff come up at essentially the same time. And, yes, our mindset needs to be helping our team members meet their goals and not what they can do for us. (i say that often as a reminder to myself. ;))

Thanks Rae! I should put that up on my wall somewhere... :)

Yes, exactly what Rae said. Otherwise I'd be convinced I cause divorces... :D

1. Why are my baked goods not turning out correctly?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are accurately measuring your ingredients and following the recipe instructions. Also, check the temperature of your oven to ensure it is heating correctly. Lastly, consider using high-quality ingredients and following proper mixing techniques for the best results.

2. How can I prevent my food from sticking to my cookware?

To prevent sticking, make sure you are using the correct type of cookware for the food you are cooking. Use non-stick cookware or use a cooking spray or oil before cooking. Also, avoid cooking at high temperatures and allow the cookware to heat up before adding food.

3. My food is always over or undercooked. How can I fix this?

The key to properly cooked food is using the right cooking time and temperature. Make sure you are following the recipe instructions and using a reliable oven thermometer to check the temperature. You can also invest in a meat thermometer to ensure meats are cooked to the correct internal temperature.

4. How can I make sure my knives stay sharp?

To keep your knives sharp, make sure you are using a cutting board made of a material that won't dull the blade. Avoid cutting on hard surfaces like granite or glass. Also, regularly sharpen your knives with a high-quality sharpener or take them to a professional for sharpening.

5. Why is my food not cooking evenly?

Poor heat distribution can cause food to cook unevenly. Make sure you are using quality cookware with even heat distribution. Also, avoid overcrowding the pan or dish, as this can prevent proper heat circulation. Rotating the dish or using a convection oven can also help with even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • byrd1956