• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting My Direct Sales: Tips for Increasing Bookings and Success

In summary, my sales are doing well, but I'm getting discouraged not getting any more bookings. What could I be doing wrong?
CAPCnewbie
I just began in March and I've already had 6 or 7 shows. I had 1 last Friday with 15 guests in attendance and over $1000 in sales. But, no bookings :(
Had another show last night with again 15 guests, over $1100 in sales but still no bookings!:(

My sales are doing well as I basically expect to go each night and hope to get at least $500 in sales but I'm just getting so discouraged at not getting any more bookings. What could I be doing wrong? Am I not fun enough for them?

I do ask at checkout with each person and get the same story that right now isn't a good time and they will think about it. But no one wants to commit to a date. Any ideas for me???

When someone says now isn't a good time and they will think about it, what is your response? What is your response when they say no?No often means not right now. When people say now isn't a good time, they often thing that you're trying to get them to do a show next week. Make sure they understand that they can schedule any time in the next 6 months. Let them know they can adjust the date a little if they get home and realize the one they chose won't work. And, make sure they know that you need a date on the calendar for the host to get credit. (I also make sure they know that if that doesn't work out for some reason, there are no dire consequences.)

I usually say could we write something in on the calendar? You can always change it if we need to as long as it's within the next 6 months so your friend/relative will be able to take advantage of the booking benefit....If they still say no, I tell them that's ok, could I call you in X months to see if things have changed?

That's good wording, Dawn--pretty close to mine, which I probably got from someone here. ;)

Offer more types of shows. Alluring things like Fuzzy Slippers show, or Peanut Butter madness show, or Asian Cooking show or Chocolate Decadence

Have you listened to any of the Bookings Workshops that are available on CC?
Many of those are really good, and very helpful.

I find that it helps to talk about bookings throughout your demo, not just at the end. I start my demo by explaining why people like to book shows, and mention booking a show at various times during my demo:

"...and you'll never have to invest in cookware again. In fact, this 12" skillet is one of the big reasons many of my hosts book. You are getting a lifetime guaranteed skillet for only $62.50 when you host a show!"

or:

...and you can purchase this DCB for only $69 - meaning you will recoup your investment in just 2-3 meals made at home! Or, for an even better deal, you can host a show, and this could be yours for free, or for only $34.50!"

and:

"Isn't this recipe great? And would you believe I have several more that I LOVE to make in the DCB, and I would be honored if you would consider inviting me to your home to teach you and your friends how to make a great meal in under 30 minutes!"

Also one thing I have learned from several people (here and in trainings) make sure it is about THEM. Don't ask them to have a show for YOU.

Last edited:
Very good point, Lynda.One of the things I heard during recent training that flipped a mental switch for me was to make sure, too, that you're not just talking about what hosting can do for them. Make sure you're presenting it in a way that emphasizes what's in it for their guests--a fun, inexpensive night out, great hints and tips, etc.

How about using the Booking Slide during your show......make it fun, not high pressure....but I think it really gets them thinking...wow....I could get alot for hosting a show....that's where you could tie in the types of shows....if they don't like to have them in their home, they could co-host, or hold a catalog show....just some other thoughts...

I always get more bookings from smaller shows vs. larger shows. At smaller shows you have more time to get to know everyone and build rapport whereas at larger shows you just need to get through your demo. LOL!

I agree with Deb - that happens to me at larger shows, too. But, it's still possible to book shows. I use the drawing slips to help me at checkout with the larger-attendance shows, and focus on the people who write "maybe" or "Yes" for booking a show. I also focus on people who seemed to "have everything" or "know everything" during my demo, for either hosting or becoming a consultant. You'll start to pick up on the "red flags" that pop out throughout a show, just be sure to sprinkle in "bookings" talk without saying "BOOK A SHOW WITH ME!" (like this: "Everyone who has purchased cookware sets from me has gotten them at 1/2 off! If you're interested in half-off cookware, let's talk about hosting a show later!" - or something like that).

Hang in there - it's definitely something that you'll get a better comfort-level with the more you do it. Good luck!

DebbieJ said:
I always get more bookings from smaller shows vs. larger shows. At smaller shows you have more time to get to know everyone and build rapport whereas at larger shows you just need to get through your demo. LOL!

Me too! I've had 4 bookings with only 5 people there and no bookings with 25 people! It might not be you doing anything wrong!

Maybe play the Dice Game and offer anyone who does not open their envelope before booking a Show with you the "grand prize"...which can be anything over $25 free. My Recruit recently did this at a Show that had 12 guests. She got 4 bookings because she offered this. Her "choice" of grand prizes were the Medium Bamboo Platter or the Food Chopper! She does not order the item until the Show is booked and held then orders it as part of the Host Rewards to get a discounted price.

Good Luck!!1 It's all in the timing and once you get it and they book,,,, the bookings will just continue to come.... It took me a while and then it worked. I agree that the booking slides really do work. You can use them like a cheat sheet just read them and you don't have to remember anything....

Continue to build your confidence at every show and it will get a little more comfortable as time goes on...

Make sure that when you are doing your show, and doing all the right things and saying booking SPRINKLES throughout your show too, that YOU have fun..Really relax and make sure you are having fun, then the likelyhood that everyone else there will also be having fun is high...

And the other tips on making sure they understand that by booking doesn't mean that the show will be in the next 2 wks....and just going over some of those details when you are talking to them really helps.

I actually concentrate on the HOST. Get her excited about the host specials so that she gets her friends excited about them. It's not unusual for me to have bookings before the show. I don't get them at every show (that really hold), but it's not usually for me to have several at one show.

definitely sprinkle hosting benefits throughout the show. I use the booking slide, and throw in booking and recruiting tidbits with some of the products. I had really good luck offering a 'free show' last week. I don't think the host would have booked without it! I worked on emphasizing themes that would sound appealing and really talking about how FUN and EASY it is to get FREE products!

What am I doing wrong when using my knives?

1. Not using the correct knife for the task at hand. Make sure to use a paring knife for small tasks, a chef's knife for chopping and slicing, and a serrated knife for bread or tomatoes.

2. Not keeping your knives sharp. Dull knives can be dangerous and make your prep work more difficult. Use a sharpening tool or take your knives to a professional for sharpening.

3. Not using proper cutting techniques. Make sure to use a claw grip to protect your fingers and keep the knife steady while cutting.

4. Not storing your knives properly. Avoid throwing them in a drawer where they can get damaged or dull. Use a knife block or magnetic strip to keep them organized and safe.

5. Not cleaning your knives correctly. Hand wash your knives with warm soapy water and dry them immediately to avoid rust and damage.

What am I doing wrong when baking?

1. Not measuring ingredients accurately. Baking is a science and requires precise measurements. Use measuring cups and spoons for dry ingredients and a kitchen scale for liquids.

2. Not preheating your oven. Make sure to preheat your oven to the correct temperature before baking to ensure even cooking.

3. Overmixing the batter. Overmixing can result in tough or dense baked goods. Mix until just combined for the best results.

4. Not following the recipe instructions. Baking is all about precision, so it's important to follow the recipe as written. Don't make substitutions or adjustments unless you are an experienced baker.

5. Not using the correct pan size. Using the wrong size pan can affect the baking time and the texture of your baked goods. Make sure to use the pan size specified in the recipe.

What am I doing wrong when using my stoneware?

1. Not properly seasoning your stoneware. Before using your stoneware for the first time, make sure to follow the seasoning instructions provided by Pampered Chef.

2. Not preheating your stoneware. Make sure to preheat your stoneware in the oven for 15 minutes before adding your food to ensure even cooking.

3. Not using enough oil or non-stick spray. Even with seasoned stoneware, it's important to use some oil or non-stick spray to prevent sticking.

4. Not allowing the stoneware to cool before washing. Rapid temperature changes can cause stoneware to crack, so make sure to allow it to cool before washing.

5. Not using the correct utensils. Avoid using metal utensils on stoneware, as they can scratch the surface. Use silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils instead.

What am I doing wrong when hosting a Pampered Chef party?

1. Not inviting enough guests. The more guests you invite, the more fun your party will be and the more chances you have for earning free and discounted products.

2. Not setting a date and time that works for your guests. Make sure to check with your guests' schedules before choosing a date and time for your party.

3. Not promoting the party enough. Use social media, in-person invites, and word of mouth to spread the word about your party and encourage guests to attend.

4. Not familiarizing yourself with the products. Make sure to review the catalog and familiarize yourself with the products so you can answer any questions your guests may have.

5. Not following up with guests after the party. Don't forget to follow up with your guests after the party to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or assistance with their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies