• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Snow Storm in Utah: Kids Stuck at School!

we were just talking about this the other day! The sky cleared up and we had a show!Tonight's show only had 3 guests and $200 in sales...but I got a booking and a recruit that signed! :D :D :D Whoooo Hooo!!! :) :) :) :)Too bad we don't sell snow shovels. ;)We got home at 8:30 last night - it was raining.At 10:10 after my phone meeting with my long distance team I noticed that it was too bright out the window - we were having a show shower. There was at least 3 inches on the ground already!:eek: It's still there now but we're getting up to the mid
fruit76loop
Gold Member
What a snow storm we have going tonight! Went into my show at about 6:30, it was snowing but no accumulation. When I went to my car we had 8-10 inches! Interstates closed....WOW! Glad I was just in town tonight!!

Utah has children still stuck at schools now at 10pm! Children are planning on staying the night at school!!!:yuck: What a crazy night!!!:cry:

Yikes Marlene!

Are you home now...or having a sleepover at your hosts house??LOL

I made it home...no sleep over here!!! Thank goodness!! Just glad it hit Wyoming at about 6 pm instead of 3 pm like in Utah! Just watching the Salt Lake City news and it is crazy! Still people stuck on the highways, running out of gas....EWWWWWW:yuck: . Please everyone keep all of the people on the roads in your prayers!!:angel:

I am glad that you made it home safe Marlene! WOW - what a snowstorm!

Is that the storm that may be coming our way on Sunday, or is it the one that's coming tomorrow and missing us by going north of us? I'm ready for a break. It sure was pretty today though. The sun was shining much of the day (don't get much sun in West Michigan during the winter) and the snow wasn't showing dirt. Very pretty, and because we had to drive slow we could enjoy the scenery.

Record snowfalls all over the country!Must be global cooling.

One thing I know might be affecting our snowfall is that Utah has stopped seeding the clouds for the ski areas. This is the first year in quite awhile for this. And I know snow is all over this year! Had more snow cancellations this year than ever!

Tonight's show only had 3 guests and $200 in sales...but I got a booking and a recruit that signed! :D :D :D Whoooo Hooo!!! :) :) :) :)

Too bad we don't sell snow shovels. ;)

We got home at 8:30 last night - it was raining.

At 10:10 after my phone meeting with my long distance team I noticed that it was too bright out the window - we were having a show shower. There was at least 3 inches on the ground already!:eek: It's still there now but we're getting up to the mid 50's today.

(I do not want snow!)

Looks like we may be getting that on Sunday as rain - turning to snow! We don't need more rain!! We have so much flooding here! So many people have been forced out of their homes! I feel so sorry for them! Of course we have THREE rivers in Fort Wayne so we get hit hard. They have tried to do some flood control, but that has pushed a lot of the water to St. Mary's river now where it has never flooded before. Can you imagine if you didn't have flood insurance because your house never flooded before! The poor families. We have so many roads closed - some are starting to open up because when it froze they started pushing the ice away from the streets. Some idiots went around street closed signs and got stuck in the ice! Their cars broke through the ice! It's just crazy!

Weather is so strange. I am in central MN and we are at a major deficit for snow. I would not mind if we had more. I know Im nuts... Please don't smack me :D

Just got off the phone with my son in Milwaukee. They have had more than 75 inches so far this season. He had no sympathy for the fact that there's snow on my grass and deck and that the roads are slushy this morning.

The schools are even closed here. I don't understand why he doesn't understand how bad it is here. :p The son who lives in the mountains of NC didn't get ANY of this - talk about wierd weather.

It is always 10-30 degrees warmer here in the winter (or more) and about the same temperature in the summer as it is there. When I told him the temperature this morning it was exactly the same in both places and he said I should move back up there (I am always trying to get them down here) - I don't think so! Our 4-5 inch total for the year compared to their 75+:eek: ... HA!

BethCooks4U said:
We got home at 8:30 last night - it was raining.

At 10:10 after my phone meeting with my long distance team I noticed that it was too bright out the window - we were having a show shower. There was at least 3 inches on the ground already!:eek: It's still there now but we're getting up to the mid 50's today.

(I do not want snow!)
Isn't it funny how fast things can change! I do not want snow either!! We are in a major melt down after having record amounts of sno in January. Yesterday it felt like spring! My kids were outside playing, running on the sidewalks and riding their bikes! They can't go in the street yet (well my son can't, my daughter isn't allowed yet) because there is still to much out there but it's nice that it's melted off our sidewalks and cars! Can't believe it is the same place where we were just dumped on 2 weeks ago! We've had temps where it has been melting for about 4 days now, and that is good! Yesterday was great though! I have spring fever now!

BethCooks4U said:
Just got off the phone with my son in Milwaukee. They have had more than 75 inches so far this season. He had no sympathy for the fact that there's snow on my grass and deck and that the roads are slushy this morning.The schools are even closed here. I don't understand why he doesn't understand how bad it is here. :p The son who lives in the mountains of NC didn't get ANY of this - talk about wierd weather.It is always 10-30 degrees warmer here in the winter (or more) and about the same temperature in the summer as it is there. When I told him the temperature this morning it was exactly the same in both places and he said I should move back up there (I am always trying to get them down here) - I don't think so! Our 4-5 inch total for the year compared to their 75+:eek: ... HA!
And did he tell you that we're forcasted to get another 4-6" tonight, with temps dropping to below zero tomorrow?This is the most snow I've seen since winter of '78-'79 and last week was the most in one snowfall I've seen since 1973.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And did he tell you that we're forcasted to get another 4-6" tonight, with temps dropping to below zero tomorrow?

This is the most snow I've seen since winter of '78-'79 and last week was the most in one snowfall I've seen since 1973.

(Man-made global warming my as$.)
Yeah, He said he shoveled 3 times that day - over 2 feet.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And did he tell you that we're forcasted to get another 4-6" tonight, with temps dropping to below zero tomorrow?

This is the most snow I've seen since winter of '78-'79 and last week was the most in one snowfall I've seen since 1973.

(Man-made global warming my as$.)

And then it's headed across the pond to us!

We have the coldest temps and the most snow that we've had in years too. We've already hit our yearly avg. snowfall, and passed it, and we have at least 6 more weeks of winter! (and lots more snow in the forecast!) The county I live in is running out of salt and sand for the roads, and also running out of budget to clear them!:eek:

I heard on the radio yesterday that scientist are now worried about global cold! There is documented sun cycles in history and the sun currently is in one of the cold cycles. They said if it doesn't change it may be like one that hit in I beleive the late 1700's (sorry can't remember for sure - I've slept since then)! Anyway, it lasted for about 60 years. There was record snow and cold and millions of people died from starvation because crops didn't have enough warm weather to grow in the summer!

I wonder what Al has to say about this report?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And did he tell you that we're forcasted to get another 4-6" tonight, with temps dropping to below zero tomorrow?This is the most snow I've seen since winter of '78-'79 and last week was the most in one snowfall I've seen since 1973.
I remember that winter KG ('78-'79)! The snow in our backyard was piled up to the top of the 6 foot fence! I would climb up with my German Shepherd/Collie mix dog that was huge and we'd look down at the neighbor and scare the crap out of her. She was afraid of him and thought he was stupid enough to jump down (he was very smart so wouldn't hurt himself).There was also a bad one in 1989 I remember. (I think January 28th...)Also I think it was February, 1996 or sometime around there we had another bad snowfall. Took me 1 hour to get from MSOE to around the Grand Avenue mall then another 3 1/2 hours to get to the northside of Racine...

pampchefrhondab said:
I heard on the radio yesterday that scientist are now worried about global cold! There is documented sun cycles in history and the sun currently is in one of the cold cycles. They said if it doesn't change it may be like one that hit in I beleive the late 1700's (sorry can't remember for sure - I've slept since then)! Anyway, it lasted for about 60 years. There was record snow and cold and millions of people died from starvation because crops didn't have enough warm weather to grow in the summer!

I wonder what Al has to say about this report?
When Gaylord Nelson called for the first Earth Day in 1970, the "experts" told us that we were in the warm period between ice ages and we could soon expect the glaciers to start south again. Remember, in terms of geology, "soon" could be 5,000 years.

The Wisconsin Glacier of 70k to 10k years ago, that went as far south as Louisville, moved at a rate of about 4" per year. As a result, I never worried too much about it. (Yes, that's what it was called and you can look it up.) The glacier changed the entire face of North America north of the Ohio river, changed the flow of water through the Great lakes and provided the rich farmland of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa.

The earth does go through normal cycles of hot and cold. When Leif Ericson discovered Greenland, he didn't name it that because it was covered with ice. During the Medieval Warming Period, Greenland was actually thriving place. The residents of Greenland just sort of disappeared in the 15th Century, a time that corresponds to what has been termed the Little Ice Age, although, there is no clear cause for them just vanishing.

The only known facts are these: no one knows for sure what is happening, or not happening, in the world. Also, if you take all the geoclimatologists in the world and lay them down head to toe, they will never reach a conclusion.

The delightful (not!!!!!!!!) storm we got Tuesday night into yesterday gave us locally 6 inches of snow and over 2 inches of ice and rain. Guess who is home with me today as the shuttle driver thought it was too dangerous with all of the ice here to take DH to his day care program. Can't blame him on that as I don't want to step outdoors until it gets to 33 or 34. Still in the 20's here right now. Oh well at least I am not home alone on Valentine's Day.

1. What caused the snow storm in Utah?

The snow storm in Utah was caused by a combination of cold air from the north colliding with moist air from the Pacific Ocean. This created heavy snowfall and strong winds, resulting in a winter storm.

2. How long were the kids stuck at school?

The duration of time that the kids were stuck at school varied depending on the location and severity of the storm. Some students were stuck for a few hours while others were stuck overnight.

3. Did the school provide food and accommodations for the students?

Yes, the school worked to provide food and accommodations for the students who were stuck at school during the snow storm. They also worked to keep the students warm and safe during the storm.

4. Were parents able to pick up their children during the snow storm?

In most cases, parents were not able to pick up their children during the snow storm for safety reasons. The roads were often closed and it was not safe for anyone to be traveling during the storm.

5. How did Pampered Chef assist during the snow storm?

Pampered Chef provided support to the local community by donating food and supplies to the schools and families affected by the snow storm. We also worked with local organizations to provide warm meals and comfort to those in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vtodd71
  • Gina M
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • MissChef