• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Was Karl Malden and Why Are We Mourning His Death?

In summary, Karl Malden, 97, has died, and many of you younger Cheffers may not remember him, but he was a big part of my memories of growing up. He was famous for his roles in The Streets of San Fransisco, Pollyanna, and How the West Was Won. He and his wife celebrated their 70th anniversary this year.
raebates
Staff member
Breaking News from ABCNEWS.com:

Actor Karl Malden Has Died at Age 97, According to His Family [3:30 p.m. ET]

Many of you younger Cheffers may not remember Karl Malden, but he was a big part of my memories of growing up.

At least he lived to a nice old age! That's great to see.A Streetcar Named Desire...
Pollyanna...
How the West Was Won...Ah, the good old days when you could actually let your children watch TV!

For me he'll always bring to mind The Streets of San Fransisco and the American Express commercials.

I heard it mentioned that he and his wife were a rarity in modern Hollywood... they recently celebrated their 70th anniversary. That's a class act!

chefann said:
I heard it mentioned that he and his wife were a rarity in modern Hollywood... they recently celebrated their 70th anniversary. That's a class act!

I'd just heard that too. What a great story they probably have to tell!

That is so awesome!!!! My husband's grandparents made it to 62 or 63 years of marriage. They died exactly 6 months apart. We think his grandpa died more of a broken heart than medical issues he had. I got married too old to make 70 years of marriage but I would LOVE to reach 50 some day. Of course the lifespan on both DH's and my side of the family would lead us to believe we'll probably only reach 40 some years of marriage.

janetupnorth said:
That is so awesome!!!! My husband's grandparents made it to 62 or 63 years of marriage. They died exactly 6 months apart. We think his grandpa died more of a broken heart than medical issues he had.

I got married too old to make 70 years of marriage but I would LOVE to reach 50 some day. Of course the lifespan on both DH's and my side of the family would lead us to believe we'll probably only reach 40 some years of marriage.

Us too, Janet. We'll be blessed if we have 40 yrs. I'd love to make it 50 - but that would put Rick at 90!

Wow - that means that this year, we are a 1/4 of the way into our marriage. How strange that seems!

We're blessed with quite a legacy of longevity in our families. Since The Furry Guy and I got married in our early 20s, we might actually have a shot. We'll hit the 1/4 century mark next year.

As Omar Bradley to George Patton...There's one big difference between you and me, George. I do this job because I've been trained to do it. You do it because you LOVE it.

My grandparents will celebrate 68 years of marriage in August - Grandma soon turns 88 and Grandpa just turned 91. I only hope I'm so lucky!

Gina M said:
My grandparents will celebrate 68 years of marriage in August - Grandma soon turns 88 and Grandpa just turned 91. I only hope I'm so lucky!

Very cool, Gina!

Who did he play in Pollyanna? It's been so long since I've seen it.

ChefBeckyD said:
Us too, Janet. We'll be blessed if we have 40 yrs. I'd love to make it 50 - but that would put Rick at 90!

Wow - that means that this year, we are a 1/4 of the way into our marriage. How strange that seems!

Do you have your 10th this year? My 10th is on 9-11.

janetupnorth said:
Do you have your 10th this year? My 10th is on 9-11.

Yep - our 10th is 10/16.

I remember yours is 9-11. Something happy to celebrate on that otherwise somber day.

this year would have been my 23rd...

My parents are heading for 58 years this september with 13 chilren raised, and 49 grandchildren...we figure my mom is definitely a Saint!!!!! I will have 21 years behind me this July 9th....with 5 children...."not quite raised yet"!!! LOL
We're taking them all on a camping vacation trip to DC...you can call me a Saint if I survive this one...right before I go to Conference....Think I'll be looking for a "cold one" by the time my flight lands in Chicago on July 15th....

babywings76 said:
Who did he play in Pollyanna? It's been so long since I've seen it.

He was Reverend Ford. I loved that first sermon he did.

"Hell comes unexpectedly!!!"

1. What is "We've Lost Another Celebrity" and why is it relevant to Pampered Chef?

"We've Lost Another Celebrity" is a phrase often used in the media to announce the death of a famous person. It may be relevant to Pampered Chef as the company may have had a partnership or relationship with the celebrity, or the celebrity may have been a fan of Pampered Chef products.

2. How does Pampered Chef pay tribute to the celebrities who have passed away?

Pampered Chef pays tribute to the celebrities who have passed away by sharing their condolences on social media, creating special recipes in honor of the celebrity, or making a donation to a charity in their name.

3. Are there any special promotions or products related to "We've Lost Another Celebrity"?

Pampered Chef may release limited edition products or promotions related to a celebrity that has recently passed away. These may include products that the celebrity used or endorsed, or recipes inspired by the celebrity's favorite dishes.

4. Can customers request a specific celebrity to be honored by Pampered Chef?

While customers cannot directly request a specific celebrity to be honored, they can suggest ideas and make requests through Pampered Chef's customer service channels or social media platforms.

5. Is it appropriate for Pampered Chef to promote products or promotions related to a celebrity's death?

Pampered Chef carefully considers the timing and sensitivity of any promotions related to a celebrity's death. The company strives to pay tribute and honor the celebrity's legacy without being exploitative or insensitive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • kaiser
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy