• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We've Lost Another Celebrity

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Breaking News from ABCNEWS.com:

Actor Karl Malden Has Died at Age 97, According to His Family [3:30 p.m. ET]

Many of you younger Cheffers may not remember Karl Malden, but he was a big part of my memories of growing up.

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
At least he lived to a nice old age! That's great to see.

A Streetcar Named Desire...
Pollyanna...
How the West Was Won...

Ah, the good old days when you could actually let your children watch TV!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
For me he'll always bring to mind The Streets of San Fransisco and the American Express commercials.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
I heard it mentioned that he and his wife were a rarity in modern Hollywood... they recently celebrated their 70th anniversary. That's a class act!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I heard it mentioned that he and his wife were a rarity in modern Hollywood... they recently celebrated their 70th anniversary. That's a class act!

I'd just heard that too. What a great story they probably have to tell!

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
That is so awesome!!!! My husband's grandparents made it to 62 or 63 years of marriage. They died exactly 6 months apart. We think his grandpa died more of a broken heart than medical issues he had.

I got married too old to make 70 years of marriage but I would LOVE to reach 50 some day. Of course the lifespan on both DH's and my side of the family would lead us to believe we'll probably only reach 40 some years of marriage.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
That is so awesome!!!! My husband's grandparents made it to 62 or 63 years of marriage. They died exactly 6 months apart. We think his grandpa died more of a broken heart than medical issues he had.

I got married too old to make 70 years of marriage but I would LOVE to reach 50 some day. Of course the lifespan on both DH's and my side of the family would lead us to believe we'll probably only reach 40 some years of marriage.

Us too, Janet. We'll be blessed if we have 40 yrs. I'd love to make it 50 - but that would put Rick at 90!

Wow - that means that this year, we are a 1/4 of the way into our marriage. How strange that seems!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
We're blessed with quite a legacy of longevity in our families. Since The Furry Guy and I got married in our early 20s, we might actually have a shot. We'll hit the 1/4 century mark next year.

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
As Omar Bradley to George Patton...There's one big difference between you and me, George. I do this job because I've been trained to do it. You do it because you LOVE it.

Gina M

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2006
My grandparents will celebrate 68 years of marriage in August - Grandma soon turns 88 and Grandpa just turned 91. I only hope I'm so lucky!

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
Us too, Janet. We'll be blessed if we have 40 yrs. I'd love to make it 50 - but that would put Rick at 90!

Wow - that means that this year, we are a 1/4 of the way into our marriage. How strange that seems!

Do you have your 10th this year? My 10th is on 9-11.

kreaser

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2008
My parents are heading for 58 years this september with 13 chilren raised, and 49 grandchildren...we figure my mom is definitely a Saint!!!!! I will have 21 years behind me this July 9th....with 5 children...."not quite raised yet"!!! LOL
We're taking them all on a camping vacation trip to DC...you can call me a Saint if I survive this one...right before I go to Conference....Think I'll be looking for a "cold one" by the time my flight lands in Chicago on July 15th....