• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We're Semi-Famous in Grand Junction

In summary, TKG the Kitchen Guy's daily updates on the investigation of missing Cheffer and friend, Paige Birgfeld, has been discontinued as the discovery of Birgfeld's remains has brought a resolution to the ambiguity of her case.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Gary Harmon, another GJ Sentinel reporter/columnist who has followed Paige's case since the beginning, called me the other day and asked about the daily updates. This is the result of that interview, published this morning.

You can see it here: http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/paige-birgfelds-cheffer-friends-share-pain-of-loss

Paige Birgfeld’s ‘cheffer’ friends share pain of loss

By Gary Harmon
Friday, March 9, 2012

Back on July 2, 2007, TKG (The Kitchen Guy) typed the words “One of our own is missing” as he notified friends and colleagues that Paige Birgfeld was missing and that circumstances of her disappearance were violent.

TKG, who never met Birgfeld and who has never visited western Colorado, has tracked every public step of the investigation into her disappearance.

Most of those days the Milwaukee-area resident posted under the name “The Kitchen Guy” to chefsuccess.com the frustrating, monotonous phrase: “There were no new developments in Paige’s case yesterday. No news, no new developments.”

The site is used by Pampered Chef consultants for encouragement, news of the close-knit community of “cheffers” and developments that affected them, individually or collectively.

Finally, on Thursday, TKG shattered the monotony of “no news,” typing in “There was a major development yesterday in the case of missing Cheffer and friend, Paige Birgfeld. Paige’s body has been found.”

The discovery summed up the same feelings of ambivalence on chefsuccess.com that it did among Birgfeld’s other friends and acquaintances.

“I guess this is one of those things that you hoped wouldn’t turn out like this,” Mommyhugz1978 from the Pacific Northwest wrote when she saw the latest development. “Rest in Peace, Paige.”

About two years ago, TKG was tempted to reduce his updates to one per week.

“It was starting to get pretty discouraging,” TKG said in a telephone interview, but his regular readers insisted on the daily updates.

He became acquainted with Birgfeld when, on the same site, a “flame war” erupted, TKG said.

“Paige and I stood up in defense of this poor person getting lynched and that’s how I got to know her,” TKG said. “I was just getting to know her when she disappeared.”

The discovery of Birgfeld’s remains will do nothing to slow TKG and his daily updates, even if, at some point the daily post reverts to “No news, no new developments.”

He’ll keep up “until we know what happened and who done it,” TKG said. “I don’t think I can quite let this rest. Until her murderer is brought to justice and exhausted all his appeals and is in prison, I can’t rest.”

Hopefully the "who done it" question will be answered very soon! ;)

My prayers are now focusing on the justice for Paige, her family and all affected by this tragedy. Thank you KG for keeping us up to date on any and all developments.

I can't tell you how much your diligence has meant to us, KG.

I agree, TKG we all looked forward to the updates and even though it wasn't the reunion we wanted for Paige and her family, we know she will one day be reunited with them.

I just want to know that I wasn't here when Paige was. Actually..seeing something about her on TV is what even brought me to this site because I googled her name to try to find out more info. My heart and thought and prayers go out to her family. As well as the rest of you on here, who did know Paige. I know that I have developed friendships with people from here that I have never met in person but honestly feel closer to than some friends that I have in my hometown. I can't imagine anything happening to any of them.

What is "We're Semi-Famous in Grand Junction"?

"We're Semi-Famous in Grand Junction" is a popular cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features recipes and stories from local chefs and home cooks in Grand Junction, Colorado.

How did Pampered Chef come up with the idea for this cookbook?

Pampered Chef wanted to showcase the unique and diverse food culture in Grand Junction, and highlight the community's love for cooking and sharing meals with loved ones. The cookbook was created as a way to celebrate and support local chefs and home cooks in the area.

Can anyone submit a recipe for consideration in the cookbook?

Yes, anyone can submit a recipe for consideration in the cookbook. However, the recipe must be original and must be accompanied by a story or personal connection to Grand Junction. All submissions go through a review process before being selected for the cookbook.

Are the recipes in the cookbook complicated and difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "We're Semi-Famous in Grand Junction" are designed to be accessible and easy to make for home cooks of all levels. They use simple ingredients and instructions, making them perfect for everyday meals or special occasions.

Is there a digital version of the cookbook available?

Yes, "We're Semi-Famous in Grand Junction" is available in both physical and digital formats. The digital version can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website and can be accessed on any electronic device for convenient and easy cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy