• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Pray for Jay's Recovery?

In summary, Jay Wagner had a bone marrow transplant back around Christmas time. He's been doing well until a couple days ago, when he collapsed and was in the ICU. He's on the ventilator and is on dialysis too. His family is praying for a miracle.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
What of my old bestest friends is not doing well and needs our prayers. Jay stood up for me in a wedding, anyone who rented a tux for me is pretty special, even if the outcome wasn't so hot.

Jay Wagner had a bone marrow transplant back around Christmastime. He's been having a phenomenal recovery until a couple days ago, I don't know what happened.

I DO know that he is in the ICU, he is completely sedated and full of tubes, wires and who knows what-all. I need for you to pray and help him pull through! His wife and family need him and I need any friend who puts up with me!

Thanks in advance for your prayers!

TKG

I am sorry to hear that KG. Will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

KG your friend will definitely be in my prayers. Don't give up hope. Our cousins DH had a bone marrow transplant over a month ago, he was coughing/fever passed out and ended up on life support. It has been a long recovery but he is finally starting to show improvements, the drs gave her no hope for recovery.

Prayers for your friend and his family.

Praying for Jay and his family. I ask the Lord to lay his healing hands on him and restore him to good health.

Praying for Jay and his family and friends.

Thank you all - Jay is still in ICU and still on the ventilator. And now, as if all that wasn't bad enough, he's on dialysis, too. No one is sure what the prognosis is.

I am so sorry to hear that, but I believe in miracles!

Prayers sent Jay's way!

From Jay's family just a few minutes ago:Mar 28, 2013 3:22 PMJay passed away today at 11:30 a.m. He was peaceful and surrounded by family and friends. Jay is already missed and will always be in our lives.I will post funeral arrangements after I meet with the funeral home tomorrow (Friday).

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers. My friendship with Jay goes back more years than I care to think about. We lost track of one another for reasons we really don't need to go into here, but last fall, we were able to pick up right where we left off. I was just getting to really enjoy our renewal when this happened. We bury him next Friday, April 5. It will be a sad day, no doubt.

I'm so sorry KG. Losing a friend is like losing a part of yourself. May you be surrounded by Jesus' love, feel His peace, and be comforted in the assurance that Jay is no longer sick or suffering. Peace to you.

Sorry for your loss KG!

So sorry to hear of your loss KG.

So sorry for your loss and his family's loss. Having lost parents, relatives, friends, etc. the following is something I've found comfort in; hopefully you will too.An Irish Funeral Prayer Death is nothing at all.
 It does not count.
 I have only slipped away into the next room.
 Everything remains as it was.
 The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
 Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
 Call me by the old familiar name.
 Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
 Put no sorrow in your tone. 
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
 Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. 
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
 Let it be spoken without effort
. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
 There is unbroken continuity.
 Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? 
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
 All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
 One brief moment and all will be as it was before. 
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.(Source: derived from a sermon written by Henry Scott Holland and delivered in St. Paul’s (London) on 15 May 1910, at which time the body of King Edward VII was lying in state at Westminster. Although not originally derived from Irish writings, versions of this sermon have been used at many Irish and Catholic funerals over the years. http://www.gallagher.com/prayer.htm)

Will keep you and your friend's family in my thoughts. Very sorry for your loss.
leggy

Thank you, All. Your support is greatly appreciated!

What is "We're Praying for You, Jay!"?

"We're Praying for You, Jay!" is a campaign organized by Pampered Chef to show support and bring comfort to Jay, a member of our Pampered Chef community, who is going through a difficult time.

How can I participate in "We're Praying for You, Jay!"?

There are a few ways you can participate. You can send a card or message of encouragement to Jay through our website, or you can make a donation to a charity in Jay's name. You can also spread the word and share this campaign with your friends and family.

Is there a deadline to participate in "We're Praying for You, Jay!"?

No, there is no deadline to participate. You can send your message or make a donation at any time. However, we ask that you do so as soon as possible to show Jay your support during this difficult time.

Can I donate to a charity of my choice?

Yes, you are welcome to donate to a charity of your choice in Jay's name. However, we encourage you to donate to the charity chosen by Jay and his family, which can be found on our website. This will help us show our support as a community and make a bigger impact.

Will Jay receive my message or donation directly?

Yes, your messages and donations will be collected and delivered directly to Jay and his family. They will be able to see how much love and support they have from the Pampered Chef community during this challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Smashie
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies