• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Over $15K in Sales and Feeling Defeated: My Open House Flop

In summary, Heather's Open House ended with very few orders and she is deactivating for the first time ever.
hmolah
Well, my Open House ended and it was a flop. I have maybe 2 orders (someone needs to get back with us) and it totals about $30. I have been in the biz for almost 4 years and I'm going to deactivate for the first time ever. I don't have a list of people to lean on - I've contacted everyone and all but begged for orders.

I have 1 recruit who is an awesome consistent recruit and I have over $15,000 in sales. I've taken a leave with PC - and this was my first month off of leave, and maybe I should've taken it longer. But, we just moved a couple of months ago and I thought an Open House would save me.

I don't know what to do...I'm so upset and I have nothing to lean on to get orders.

Has anyone had this happen when over $15K in sales and how have you bounced back if so? What about recruits? Do I lose those as well.

Hanging my head in PC shame....:cry:

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...How long of a leave did you take? If you have not taken three months in the past 12 months, you can request another leave.

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...Wow Heather I'm so sorry your open house didn't go better. I don't have much advice for you on moving except for the usual ways to try to find bookings which many people have posted here before.

Is there a business close by you could pamper?

I wish you the best of luck.

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...Can you send out an email to all of your contacts? Maybe offer a One Day Sale and give free shipping or a discount? It will cost you a little bit, but it would probably be worth it not to lose you sales and recruit.

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...Definitely don't give up. You don't want to lose your 2% raise!! Pampering a few local businesses would be a great way to boost that $30 order to at least the $200 you'll need to breath easy till August.

Make at least 3 platters of brownies or other similarly easy treats to make. Prepare packets to give them (catalogs, order forms, copies of specials). Ask one of them to be the "host" see if she wants some FREE products. Then tell her you'll be back by the end of business to collect your platter and any orders.

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...Do it tomorrow!!

If you work full-time, drop by the goodies on your lunch break and see if you can leave 30 minutes early to pick it up.

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...You know it's not just your 2%, you will lose your recruit also... There is still time. Get out there!

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...If you can't request another waiver. BEG for the orders if you have too! Let EVERYONE know how important it is to you and that you only need $200 (give yourself padding). Offer everyone that orders an extra 10% off if they spend xxx amount of $$$. Tell them they get a free knife if they spend $60. Offer FREE shipping if they spend xxx $$$. Then combine the orders. Usually if you offer some sort of deal/discount the customers come out of the woodwork! Do an e-mail, sound desperate if you have to! Do you have a Personal web site? If so, send out an outlet e-mail to direct them to that! Anyone you know owe you a favor? Ask them to pass around a catalog at work. Give them a deal if they collect 5 orders!
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep us posted!

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...Have an "I Love My Business" sale. (This sounds less desperate.) Since you recently moved, email your previous contacts and tell them you've recently moved and are rebuilding your business. Let them know that while The Pampered Chef is amazingly supportive, you are at risk of losing some of the incredible benefits you've earned over the years. So, to keep the business you love, you are offerring a one-time sale of $xxxx to the ones that gave you your business in the first place.

I did something similar when I moved twice in two months. I did not prepare well for the second move and had almost no sales. I offered an appreciation sale to all my 2007 hosts as a thank you for helping me earn the trip to London. (It was January, so I offered an additional discount on the stoneware that was on special that month.) I broke even (barely!), but it got me through that month.

Re: AAAHHHhhhh....deactivation...So tell us...did you accept defeat or did you try again?

What products were featured at the open house?

The featured products at the open house were a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and cookware from Pampered Chef, including our signature stoneware, non-stick cookware, and versatile kitchen gadgets.

What marketing efforts were made to promote the open house?

We utilized various marketing efforts to promote the open house, including social media posts, email campaigns, and flyers distributed in the local community. We also offered special discounts and incentives for attendees who brought a friend.

What was the turnout for the open house?

The turnout for the open house was lower than expected, with only a few attendees showing up. This could have been due to various factors such as timing, location, or lack of effective promotion.

What steps were taken to engage and attract customers at the open house?

We had a variety of interactive demos and product displays set up to engage and attract customers at the open house. We also provided samples and allowed attendees to try out some of our products. Additionally, we had a raffle and door prizes to generate excitement and encourage participation.

What can be done to improve future open house events?

To improve future open house events, we can consider changing the timing or location to better accommodate potential attendees. We can also assess and adjust our marketing efforts to reach a larger audience. Additionally, we can offer more enticing incentives and promotions to attract more customers. Finally, we can gather feedback from attendees and use it to improve and tailor our open house events in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies