• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Believe it or Not: My MK Director's Incentives!

In summary, JenniferLynne received a letter from her director stating that if she has not placed a whole sale order by the beginning of the month, she is now inactive. She is getting ready to place an order, and thinks that the pictures in the newsletters are just dart board backrounds.
I would be thrilled to be invited to a lunch at my NSED's home.

Andrea: You're right. Everyone I have met is VERY down to earth and very approachable.

AJPratt said:
I would be thrilled to be invited to a lunch at my NSED's home.

Andrea: You're right. Everyone I have met is VERY down to earth and very approachable.

I would be excited as all get out if I ever got to eat lunch with Becky Ishee ...... I felt like I was a little star stuck at nation confernce though what an amazing experince!!! I think I am still coming down off of it!!!LOL

I have another quote for Linda's website. "Be humble in success and gracious in defeat."

AJPratt said:
I have another quote for Linda's website. "Be humble in success and gracious in defeat."
Right on Anne!!!! I don't really know what my thoughts on this woman are. I do know you should never judge somebody. I do find it funny how materialistic she is (but that could happen to any of us if we let that monster out). She is talking and quoteing a relighious view I just hope she is walking it as well. Life is sweet but we all know how bitter it can turn and how fast.

God Bless her in all her endevors!

I'm cofused as to what her website is. Is it a Mary Kay website or just a website about herself? If its just a website that is a tribute to herself then thats kind of wierd.

HAHA what an idiot LOL this lady is FULL OF HERSELF!!!!! I laughed my ass off looking at her "wanna be model" pictures!!! Too funny!

I'm speechless!!:eek:

It looks she has built an empire and is very successful. How awesome is that!

Evelynt said:
It looks she has built an empire and is very successful. How awesome is that!
It is great. I guess we would all like successful people to be as humble as we are. My Mom always said, "If you've got it, you don't need to flaunt it, because you KNOW you've got it."

ChefBurke said:
HAHA what an idiot LOL this lady is FULL OF HERSELF!!!!! I laughed my ass off looking at her "wanna be model" pictures!!! Too funny!
I'm just not sure. I think I saw a quick blurb about MK.

Well, I used to see her every single Monday night at our meetings, and she is a little snooty. I was in my early 20's when I started and a little naive (spelling?). Anyway, I befriended a fellow MK Consultant about 10 years older than me that used to laugh every time she got up to speak, and talked about what a fake she was. I used to get so mad at her for thinking that. I thought the whole company was wonderful and all the Directors were wonderful Christian women. Well, I'm sure some were and are, but I got stung more than once by my own directors lies and so did a few other people in our group. Most of whom ended up quitting so she lost her car and is no longer a director. Now I am under Linda because she was my directors, director. I just wish I had saved that email she sent out about her mansion and copied and pasted it here. It made me a little ill when I read it. (if we had a puke smiley I would be putting it right here)

jenniferlynne said:
if we had a puke smiley I would be putting it right here
Here's one... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-001.gif

I have a question to you former MK ladies.... I asked my MK lady if the products were tested on animals, and of course she said no--but after looking at the packaging there is no mention of not being tested on animals and usually this is something a company is proud of... is my MK lady being misled or is she just telling me what I want to hear?

I don't know ladies.... She might be snotty, but to see how far she has come-- by the looks of those houses, I think she has the right to be proud. Snotty, manipulative and greedy- no - proud of herself yes.

OMG.......Looks just like my house! :eek: The one in my dreams that is! :D

She does have a lot to be proud of, but bragging about it just isn't overly appealing to me. I guess it's a good recruiting tool though (plus I bet that since she's using it to recruit/advertise she's able to write some of it off.....clever of her....)

I'm sure she's a good walking advertisement for Mary Kay too - she really is a beautiful woman.....do you think we'd all look that great if we used their products?

pamperedlinda said:
I'm sure she's a good walking advertisement for Mary Kay too - she really is a beautiful woman.....do you think we'd all look that great if we used their products?
I use MK myself, but if I ever start looking like a woman, just shoot me and be done with it.

pckimboyers said:
I have a question to you former MK ladies.... I asked my MK lady if the products were tested on animals, and of course she said no--but after looking at the packaging there is no mention of not being tested on animals and usually this is something a company is proud of... is my MK lady being misled or is she just telling me what I want to hear?

I was always told that they were not tested on animals and that is also what it says in our handbooks. I think they just test them on The Kitchen Guy.

:p Maybe that's why kitchen guy has been away so long--going through all those tests!!:D Still makes me curious though....why not put it on the packaging? Oh well, I don't use much.... I'm actually going to an orbon??SP-- show this week, any of you heard of that?

pckimboyers said:
:p Maybe that's why kitchen guy has been away so long--going through all those tests!!:D Still makes me curious though....why not put it on the packaging? Oh well, I don't use much.... I'm actually going to an orbon??SP-- show this week, any of you heard of that?
Hey Kim--It's Arbonne--very French, no? Did you find out who th consultant was? Is it my kitnapper?

jenniferlynne said:
I was always told that they were not tested on animals and that is also what it says in our handbooks. I think they just test them on The Kitchen Guy.
Well that explains EVERYTHING. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-011.gif

Not your gal Jenn--- looking forward to our road trip on thurs. but 2 questions-- what should we wear and who's bringing the wine?

jenniferlynne said:
AHA!!! I knew there was something sneaky going on.

jenniferlynne said:
Alright, alright, alright, let's put this to rest right now. This is from the MK website:

Mary Kay Inc. does not conduct animal testing. To reflect its compassion for animals, Mary Kay Inc. does not conduct or request on its behalf, any testing of products or ingredients on animals. To signify our commitment, Mary Kay Inc. has signed a document drafted by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics, supported by such organizations as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), The Humane Society of the United States and the Doris Day Animal League. This contract, commonly known as the “PETA Pledge,” provides our assurance that we will never do animal testing at any time in the future. In fact, Mary Kay Inc. issued a moratorium on animal testing 10 years before signing this pledge, and we actively support globally recognized organizations in the search for alternative testing methods.

Don't believe me? You can find it yourself at the http://www.marykay.com/company/researchanddevelopment/rd_valuesandawards.aspx?tab=home website.

So there.

Hey, KG: They're making up for lost time. And maybe getting you back fr having them worry about you!

Thank you kitchen guy for clearing that up.....:)

He's back and feisty as ever!

Hey KG....didn't know you were such a celebrity now did ya?

"It didn't matter if you were tired, in a bad mood or a relative had just died - the cows had to be milked." That's the way Independent National Sales Director Linda Toupin describes her life growing up on her family's dairy farm in Kentucky. The cows came first, no matter what.

At first when I read that I was turned off, but then I read the rest of the meaning of this, and thought, you know that's what I need... no matter what!

I've been in enough direct sales or network sales companies to know that many of them focus on all the material things, and like the others this is what I love about PC, the down to earth people.

I remember when Becky Ishee started PC by the way. Back my first time around with Pampered Chef. She advanced really fast in I believe Darla's unit (I think she's one of Darla Oelman's directors...??? I may be wrong, been a long time. sigh).
But she's always done a dynamite business and I've always looked up to her, I'll look forward to seeing her or hearing her again sometime.

Kris

pamperedlinda said:
He's back and feisty as ever!

Hey KG....didn't know you were such a celebrity now did ya?
I had no clue whatsoever.

I do know a few people had a rather, um, interesting :eek: introduction to me at conference - those who were there know what I mean.

And I'm not feisty - I just call 'em as I see 'em, and I'm not afraid to point out when the Emporer has no clothes.

There are 4 people at my day job fighting over everybody to place orders for MK and one approached me and asked if she could team up with me at parties. I told her that she would have to go and work another corner as mine was full. I felt like I was being violated for her to ask such a question and she was just getting started, too! What do they tell these people? I am doing great but come on!!! Make up and food and the best just do not mix!

I told her she should ditch MK and start doing PC so she could make some REAL MONEY and not have to carry inventory and stand out on a corner to wait for her director to report to. I have another one that is getting ready to come over to my corner, too.

Do you think if I gave them an egg seperater they would get the idea it is time to change?

carrdinal said:
Do you think if I gave them an egg seperater they would get the idea it is time to change?

I think that's pretty funny! Show them your last commission check, too!

I am just so not into that!! I am a WALMART girl!!! Her house is beautiful but it just means there is moe to clean!!!:eek:

When I first read the beginning of this post, I was laughing, but after reading ALL THE WAY through it....If Nancy Jo asked me to her house, I would totally go and be bragging to the whole wide world about it. So, I am sure for her down line and customers, it's the same thing.... As far as giving pictures of my houses out tho??? Um... no. :) I might show a picture them as a recruiting tool during a show tho. This is where I was... I worked with TPC, this is where I am now... Make it part of my WHY BAG, or book or whatever.I think it's nervy of her to offer a picture of her homes as a gift. But, wow, look at her success. And I agree with Kristin, who wants to clean that much house? But, then again, if you could afford that much house, you could afford a staff to go with it! :)

carrdinal said:
she could make some REAL MONEY and not have to carry inventory and stand out on a corner to wait for her director to report to.

I sold MK too. I still order for myself and I just got my three year anniversary card from the company. I guess there is a company for everyone and some of the MK girls really do well, my director is Bett Vernon (she's a national director, too). I know some of you know Linda Toupin, you have probably at least heard of Bett. They just seem very superficial to me and really only concerned with "keeping up appearances" and material things. Don't get me wrong, I WILL earn a great trip through PC and will love every minute of it, but PC is just a much, much (did I mention much) better fit for me.

The first show I did, I knew it was for me. Even my husband said "this is it". He never felt MK was right for me and I always felt out of place. Give me "real people" any day. It seems the higher you go in MK, it turns in to some kind of cult! I definently don't want to belittle them, they did work very, very hard for what they have, but it's just not me. I can tell (even after only being in my SS3) that I totally LOVE pampered chef! :D The structure of it makes much more sense to me and I really feel like I am helping people.

I had a MK guest the other day at a show who tried to recruit ME at my show. I loved it--it's almost toooo perfect! She tried recruiting me with a tragic pink cadillac-this is in front of everyone. I am sure she choose the car angle because Pampered Chef does not offer a car. She asked me wouldn't I like to drive a cadillac FREE. I answered (here's the perfect part), I already drive an Escalade, it was my wedding gift so I got a great deal-a wonderful man and a wonderful car, but thank you. Move on, but at that moment I loved my car sooo much! It is an older Escalade not a "rap video" pimping Escalade but that shut her up fast. Tommorrow I have a show full of MK ladies hopefully they are all consultants as nice as the hostess.

OMG where do you people find MK people like that! LOL My MK lady is so not like that. She does very well (though it's a rural area and she knows everyone and their dog) but isn't snotty or nasty and by no means lives in an estate or would give out pictures of it!!

She's having a PC party for me in July. :D

The cars are leased. You still have to pay taxes and insurance - and turn it in flawless after the leasing period is over, its not all pretty and pink like they make it out to be....I know this from an aquaintance who was a MK rep.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • jenniferlynne