• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well- I Never Thought That Would Sell!

In summary, the new product that when it first came out were you sure was going to be a dismal failure? And were you wrong?
DebPC
Staff member
What new product when it first came out were you sure was going to be a dismal failure? And were you wrong?

I never thought the Brownie Pan would sell when it first came out.
Boy was I wrong!

Yes, the brownie pan. Mix and Chop was my "it will never sell" item. Hey, if you're going to be wrong, you might as well do a good job!

Decorator bottles.

Scoop & Drain. And, as someone who doesn't like edges - the Brownie Pan. Although I talk it up and sell a lot - especially using cute ideas like the 'Monster Cakes' (indiv cakes decorated with green icing, candy eyes, etc - I'm pretty sure I saw that on this site), trees, indiv omelettes, etc.

The MFP, I saw it as an "upgraded" Food Chopper which I hate. Yes, I realize there are some things you can do with each product that you can't do in the other, but they do a lot of the same chores. This coming from the knife girl, I use my MFP a lot.

Last edited:
I agree with Jane! I loved my food chopper and couldn't understand why anyone would want the mfp. Well, it is one of my most used and most sold items! Love that thing!

Have limited experience with launches, started Feb last year so this is third. My guesses have been not too bad in what will or won't sell for me. I will be knocked over if the Garlic Smasher makes the grade - unfortunately that is the item I won at Launch. Being a bit repetative on this item but I absolutely dislike it that much. It makes me a little sad because I love most of the specialty tools to the tune of having to get a second turn-around, plastic one because it holds more. Last one I didn't like was the Drink Savers anyone actually sell these?

I thought the Salad Choppers were a joke...until I used them!

Coating Trays- I still don't have a set and have never promoted them. But I had several customers who love them!

DebPC said:
Coating Trays- I still don't have a set and have never promoted them. But I had several customers who love them!

I love them! I don't show them but every show that I mention them I sell a set.

Great for light breading, melting chocolate, you can put sprinkles or powdered sugar in one and then roll cookies... I cross sell with the meat tenderizer - flatten the chicken or pork chop then dredge in flour, egg and bread crumbs to lightly coat. Because the flattened meat makes it look larger one piece is enough for each person so you actually eat less.

DebPC said:

LOL - same here. I sold mine in a garage sale. Why would I want to dirty 3 more dishes to coat something. I use paper plates. :) I don't coat/dip food that much anyway. But I've also had several customers love them.

There are some things that I totally forget we even carry, because they are so much out of my realm of what's needed in the kitchen.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - same here. I sold mine in a garage sale. Why would I want to dirty 3 more dishes to coat something. I use paper plates. :) I don't coat/dip food that much anyway. But I've also had several customers love them.

There are some things that I totally forget we even carry, because they are so much out of my realm of what's needed in the kitchen.

Just shows that there's something for everyone! I personally never use paper plates ...or cups. It only takes a second to rinse the plates and stick them in the dishwasher and I don't need to be buying something I will use once and toss let alone finding a place to store. Either option probably uses about the same amount of resources or both sides could probably argue that one uses more than the other but it's really just about what you prefer to use.

And as I said there are so many uses for this item than just coating meat. Sure I could use a couple of bowls to do the same thing (that's what I did before we had these) but I love the lower sides and that they do stay cool if I use them to melt chocolate in them. I don't care for the tool that comes with them though...

Last one I didn't like was the Drink Savers anyone actually sell these?
I sell these at "my day" job. I always drink something out of a can just so I can show these off.

I just bought the Drink Savers myself. I plan to keep 3 here most of the time, take the 4th to the office. I have a really hard time finishing a can of pop (well, I did before I was pregnant... now they go down easy), and so I really like the idea of these. Haven't tried them yet, though.

KateInTheKitchen said:
I just bought the Drink Savers myself. I plan to keep 3 here most of the time, take the 4th to the office. I have a really hard time finishing a can of pop (well, I did before I was pregnant... now they go down easy), and so I really like the idea of these. Haven't tried them yet, though.

TIP: Be sure you open the can before putting the drink saver on it. I didn't the first time and it was not easy to get that can open. FYI: to take the drink saver off you have to crush the can and of course you can't do that until you empty it.

They will pop off without crushing the can, but not easily. I like to recycle my cans and if the machine can't scan the barcode, it rejects the can. I don't drink anything but water so I haven't tried one but they look like they would work!

1. Can you provide some examples of products that were unexpected best sellers?

Yes, some examples include our spiralizer, which quickly became a customer favorite for making zucchini noodles, and our microwave chip maker, which was initially met with skepticism but ended up being a top seller.

2. How does Pampered Chef determine which products to release?

We conduct extensive market research and gather feedback from our customers and consultants to determine which products have the potential to be successful. We also consider current trends and customer needs when developing new products.

3. Is there a process for bringing back discontinued products that were unexpectedly popular?

Absolutely. We have a program called "Bring Back My Bar" where customers can vote for their favorite discontinued products and the top choices are brought back for a limited time.

4. How does Pampered Chef ensure the quality and effectiveness of their products?

We have a rigorous testing process where all of our products go through multiple rounds of testing and evaluation before being released. We also have a satisfaction guarantee for our customers to ensure that they are completely satisfied with their purchases.

5. Are there any upcoming products that might fit into the "Well- I Never Thought That Would Sell!" category?

We are constantly innovating and developing new products, so it's hard to say for sure. However, we have some exciting products in the works that we believe will surprise and delight our customers. Keep an eye out for new releases and announcements on our website and social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • nene960
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • PCJen