• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well I Just Got Expected but Sad News.

In summary, many of the people who worked at John's company are going to be out of a job at the end of May. The mortgage company that bought the company is going to keep the loans, but the employees who serviced the loans will not be retained.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Many of you know I got laid off from my job of 10 years last November. I e-mailed the Human resources person over the weekend to see if I could come in in May to do a Help Whip Cancer thing. Well she e-mailed me back today to basically tell me that might not be a good idea. The reason: the company is closing it's doors the end of May. They sold and could mean another 60 to 85 people will be let go. The people who bought the company, I worked for a mortgage company, will keep the loans that UMC currently owns. They will still service these loans. Now how many of the current servicing people they will keep is up in the air I assume. That is about 45 people. Everyone in the remaining 4 branches and in our Production department, production actually does the lending, buying and selling of loans, and that means about 30 people who will no longer have jobs either. Yeah, they let me go but now I feel really bad for all my friends who are still there. That really was the best job I ever had. Other than PC of course.

John, so sorry to hear that. It's tough all over. We're in California, we feel it pretty hard.

So sorry your friends are going through this. I've been there. It's not easy.

John, I'm so sorry to hear about this business closing its doors, and all those people who will be out of work. I'll be praying for them.

You, however, are to be congratulated!! Even though you won't get the show, it took chutzpah to send that e-mail, and I'm proud of you for taking action. I hope you find an even better opportunity, soon.

Gosh John sounds like my life about 9 years ago. I was laid off from my job of 15 years in 2001 - right before 9/11. Within 2 years everyone in my department were also laid off. I was sad to see all of them lose their jobs too (except for my x-boss - LOL).

I don't know what to tell you to make it better, just that I know how you feel. To this day I wish I could have stayed in the job I was in, but I feel God had other plans for me. I never would have become a Pampered Chef consultant if I wouldn't have lost my job. I have met so many wonderful people through PC. I also wouldn't have been home with my children as much as I have been. I'd have a lot more money, but I guess there is more to life.

That's crap, John. I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. Things are really tough all over. Its going to get worse, I'm afraid, before it gets better.

Well you want to know something odd? I think I mentioned that I have this way of knowing things. Well, I told a few people a while ago that the place was going to close. I also thought it was going to a cold snowy day. It won't be physically. Sharon, the HR person, told me that a lot of the people who work there are giving the execs the cold shoulder because of not knowing. And most people there do not know about this yet. This was just decided this morning! So it is going to get even "colder" over there. This is not going to be good and I feel bad for them I know many of them are just barely making it now. Unemployment will knock them out of the ball park. And my boss! His wife was diagnosed with heart problems last summer and he is going to loose his insurance. My supervisor has a kid who is always getting sick. His wife does not work so he has the only insurance plan. And I know COBRA SUCKS! It may not even cover either one because of pre-exisiting clauses. I found out about those when I got laid off. They will cover, but it will cost about three times as much as our old insurance. I don't know they are going to do. At least I have that covered with Pat. Geez this sucks. I feel for everyone right now. I hate when this happens! I get so depressed because I know a lot of you all are struggling too. And now this. UGH! When is it going to get better??? I am sick of watching friends and neighbors loosing their jobs! And worse! Oh on a side note, the housing market is improving! We got our new city appraisal! We dropped by $5400! We have gone from $126 to $98 thousand. So where is it getting better! WE are now $25 thousand under water.

1. How can I stay positive and continue to cook healthy meals after receiving unexpected but sad news?

It can be challenging to find the motivation to cook after receiving sad news. One helpful tip is to plan your meals ahead of time and choose simple recipes that require minimal effort. Additionally, try to focus on the health benefits of cooking and eating nutritious meals, which can help improve your overall well-being during difficult times.

2. What are some healthy and easy-to-prepare recipes that can help me cope with my sadness?

Some healthy and easy recipes to consider are one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker recipes. These types of meals require minimal prep and clean up, making them perfect for when you are feeling low. Additionally, incorporating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your meals can help boost your mood and improve your energy levels.

3. How can I use cooking as a form of self-care during this difficult time?

Cooking can be a therapeutic and meditative activity that can help you cope with your emotions. You can use this time to try out new recipes, experiment with different flavors and ingredients, and focus on the present moment. Don't be afraid to involve loved ones in the cooking process, as sharing a meal can also provide comfort and support during tough times.

4. Is there a specific type of food that can help improve my mood?

While there is no specific food that can magically make you feel better, incorporating a balanced and nutritious diet can have a positive impact on your mood. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon and walnuts, have been linked to reducing symptoms of depression. Additionally, including probiotic-rich foods, such as yogurt and kimchi, may also help improve your gut health, which is closely linked to your mood.

5. How can I use cooking to connect with others and find support during this difficult time?

Cooking can be a great way to connect with others and find support during tough times. Consider hosting a potluck or inviting friends and family over for a meal. You can also join cooking classes or groups, where you can meet new people who share your love for cooking. Don't be afraid to reach out to loved ones and ask for help in the kitchen, as cooking together can be a great bonding experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • pampered1224