• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cooking Show Disaster: Learning from Experience

In summary, the show went poorly because the guest only brought a baby with them and the host was not very good.
krhodes74
Well I had my first cooking show on Sat for a co-worker. She only had 3 guests and they brought a baby with them, so there went the show. One lady seemed to have everything in the book but was just buying something for the MIL. I am hoping that I will get better at this with time. You really have to study up on the books to know all of the products. I know in time I will get better. I have another show next month and I am getting even more nervous about it. I hope it goes better. I will take any pointers or usefull tips to help also.
:(

:(I feel for you. I'm a newbie myself and it is hard to remember everything. I have to say practice, type up your script, read it over and add to it, go to another hosts show to see how they do it. In time I know it'll get easier for us but I think we have to try to not be nervous and just enjoy ourselves. I know for me I tried my best and everyone said I did good. My friend who was the host said I talked sooo fast. Hey! at least we got thru it right? So give yourself credit for it and try to get those outside orders too :)

Good luck!

my first showDon't feel to bad about your show.I had my first show on the 17th and nobody showed up so I have just been trying to get outside orders. I don't no what elsr to do I think am just going to give up next month. Everyone I know has already done a show and I have been trying to get more shows but Ithink everyone is just tired of going to shows.I hope things go better for you.:(

Here's the BEST tip for people who 'have it all'.

Have them talk about the products!

Easy, no? Hold up a product, say a piece of stoneware. Ask her something like 'oh, ms-have-it-all, do you have this? Yeah? Awesome! What do you use it for? What do you love about it? What can you tell (the other people in the room) about it and why they would love it, too?!'

Done! Your show will fly - and they are always saying that our guests sell our products better than we do :)

Good luck and don't get nervous for next time, it'll come and go before you know it and you'll have 2 shows done!

at every show i have a miss has it all and they must make a remark about everything. i use them the whole show to say what they use things for and get their info so u can call them when the new stuff comes out they will need to keep up with the pc trends.

Don't let 1 bad showget you down, We have all had shows with very low attendance. I did a show once where only 1 other person showed up and she brought her baby and she booked, too. :eek:

There will be other shows and they won't all be like this 1. They more you do the better you get and the more confortable you are. :)

Do your customer care calls, "out of the Box" calls and just maybe you'll get a show out of it. Don't give up yet.

amberk said:
Don't feel to bad about your show.I had my first show on the 17th and nobody showed up so I have just been trying to get outside orders. I don't no what elsr to do I think am just going to give up next month. Everyone I know has already done a show and I have been trying to get more shows but Ithink everyone is just tired of going to shows.I hope things go better for you.:(

Amber,
Pleasepleaseplease don't get so bummed out! Not only is it bad for YOU, it's bad for your business! No one wants to book a show from someone already throwing an awesome pity party. Do your best to get excited, and listen for those "aha moments." The other night a couple was over at my house for dinner. The guy asked if I sold PC, actually he said, "Do you have so much of that stuff because you sell it?" and I said yes. Anyway, he said that he wanted to get some things for his mom. "AHA!" We're doing a Couple's theme show next month - he's going to use the free products for his mom and get the 60% off Grilling Kit for himself. I NEVER would have asked him about doing a show, now I'm thinking about asking him if he would like to get a bunch of this "stuff" for himself by signing up! Give it a couple more months...keep us posted. -- Erin

ps. Where in NC are you?

Love it!
pamperedchristine said:
Ms-Have-It-All

Absolute love it! Now I know what to do with them!!!!

Thanks!

Keep at it! It will get easier I swear! I really hesitated signing up because I seriously had a deathly fear of public speaking-presentations! I got through my first month with only 2 bookings! But fortunately I had 13 already lined up from family and friends! I began using a show outline and still use it to this day (4.5 months later), no one seems to mind when I refer to it on occassion now.

After you do your first few, you will ease into it and start relaxing and having fun!

Good luck!

For the people who say they have everything the first question I ask them is when was the last show they were at. Especially with it still being March and all of those new products came out in March. There is a good chance that they haven't been to a show to see the new stuff. Then I remind them that every spring and every fall there is new products added to the catalog. Then they usually stop about having everything and not knowing what to buy. And sometimes it works to get them to host a show too! And I absolutely agree that you should refer to those people to talk about the product. They do a great job selling it and there is even times where you can add a few pointers for them. Then they really love you because they thought they knew everything there was to know. :)

The Miss-Know-It-Alls are also great recruiting leads!! They obviously love the products. And hey, you never know, there's a great chance that NOBODY has asked them if they've ever considered selling it. If anything, it'll help support their PC addiction!!:D What they don't earn for free they can get at awesome discsounts!

Bummer BetterThank you all so much for your support. I am really excited about this and going very far with it. I do love to cook and that is half of it. I just have to find a better way to work it all into my full time job. Which I am hoping to move to part time really really soon cause I just don't have time for it. I want to devote more than just a little of my time to PC. Hopefully in the near future it will all work out for the best. Lets just keep our fingers crossed and the prayers coming.:)

This is my SS month and i know how hard it is especialy if you dont like to get up in front of people! Dont give up, my first show there were 2 guests and one was late 30 min! And my last show was even worse I worked at my other Job and I was tired and crabby when i got there and thats not like me. WELL I figured out why when the food was comming out of the oven. Later I was told my face went from being red to stark white needless to say I got sick not at the show, thankfully it held of untill I got home but I left before the show was over and sent my husband back to get my stuff luckily it was his sister! I came home and cried because I really needed some bookings and figured nobody was going to book a show from someone who was crabby and leaves her show early!! I called everybody from the show the next day and apoligized asked if they got everything they needed and got two bookings! Anyway dont give up everybody has a bad show (some of us more than others) you just have to put it behind you and go on. It will get better!

When I have the "Ms-Have-It-Alls" at my show, I ask if they've hosted before. . .often times they have and that's why they have SO much. Use that opportunity to explain Host benefits to the rest of the guests. The "m-h-i-t" will very likely back you up.

1. What are some common mistakes that can happen during a first cooking show?

Some common mistakes that can happen during a first cooking show include forgetting to preheat the oven, not having all necessary ingredients and tools ready, and not practicing the cooking demonstration beforehand.

2. How can I prevent a cooking disaster during my first show?

To prevent a cooking disaster, it is important to thoroughly plan and prepare for your show. This includes practicing the demonstration, having all ingredients and tools ready, and setting a timer to ensure food is cooked properly.

3. What should I do if something goes wrong during my first show?

If something goes wrong during your first show, try to stay calm and think on your feet. You can try to fix the issue if possible, or improvise and continue with the demonstration using alternative ingredients or methods.

4. How can I make my first cooking show a success?

To make your first cooking show a success, make sure to thoroughly plan and practice beforehand, engage with your audience, and be confident in your presentation. Also, make sure to have fun and enjoy the experience!

5. Can I use my first cooking show disaster as a learning experience?

Absolutely! Learning from your mistakes and experiences is an important part of growth and development. Use your first cooking show disaster as a learning experience and make adjustments for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Foodie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Foodie
  • PattieChef21
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • HockeyLover