• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Book a Show with a Misinformed Hostess?

In summary, a woman had a show for a lady and only 2 people showed up. The hostess was discussing the hostess program with one of the attendees, who was unfamiliar with it. The attendee mentioned that she already had a consultant and the hostess was surprised. The attendee then said that she's never gotten anything free from PC and the hostess told her about the free product credit that hosts receive. The attendee said that she would have to come up with something for the desert if she didn't want the consultant to make it.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had the weirdest thing happen at my show today. I had a show for a lady and only 2 people showed up. We both knew that was a possiblity because it was snowing pretty good. I was very relaxed and started to talk about our hostess program. One of the 2 ladies mentioned that over half her kitchen was PC, but that she already had a consultant. I was explaining the hostess program for the other lady because she was unfamiliar with how it worked. I spoke about March's hostess special, which peaked their interested because they all loved the Mandoline. I then mentioned that the hostess was going to get quite a bit in free product and kept talking about the great free stuff PC gives there hosts. The lady that already has a consultant said, and I quote, "WHAT FREE STUFF??? I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN ANTHING FREE!!" I thought it may have been awhile since she had a show and mentioned I was unfamiliar with how the hostess program was handled prior to 05. She then goes on to say that the last party she had was in September of last year, then proceeds to tell me it was a $1200 show. I about freaked. She booked a show with me for March. I kind of feel bad because she does have a regular consultant, so when I came home I looked it up in the Host lookup on CC. It shows her having a party in Feb of last year and it was shipped to that consultants address. I didn't know what to say. I have never been in this situation. I can't find her Sept show listed, but she remembered what the hostess special was and down to the dime what her party total was. I had a moment when I wasn't sure if I really believed her, but she was so livid that I can't believe she would make that up over what I was discussing with her which was a $40 free product credit.
Thanks for listening and sorry for such a long post. Just had to get it out. I am just baffled:confused: :confused:

WHAT!:eek: That is insane! I would call HO and report this situation and see if they can look it up and give you the persons name or somthing. If that consultant is getting that free product, what is she doing, selling it on ebay??:rolleyes:

Since this person obviously remembers many details about her show I would think she'd remember if she got free stuff! I'd DEFINITELY call HO and have them look it up. They can tell you what the host got for free. I'd explain the situation to HO and see what they suggest you do. They might want to call some of the consulant's past hosts and see if this is a pattern.

My question to the past host would be why she didn't question the consultant about what she'd get for having a show? :confused: Most people that host shows from ANY DS company, know that they get free stuff or something for having a show. If I had a $1200 show, I'd want to know what they were going to give me!!

I've heard of consultant's spending the money from a show to pay their bills but I've never heard of them taking the products! Wow!

Accoriding to her she thought the bonus of being a host was the 60% off the stone (this is the one she did in Feb). She said all the benefits of the hostess program were never explained to her and she didn't think to look at the back of the catalog. She said all she got from her show was the hostess special and the half priced items. I thought she was going to fall out of her seat when she looked on the chart and noticed she should have gotten over $200 in free product.

That is really terrible Leslie! I would get this consultant in trouble ASAP!! You really need to notify HO Monday morning. I'm surprised that she booked a show. Luckily she really likes PC!;)

I think I sold her on the way I did things. She said that her consultant will only make 1 recipe, I offer 2 (she was feeding a ton of people and wanted there to be enough food). She was going to prepare hordeurvs(?) and asked the consultant if she could do the main dish and dessert. The consultant told her that she was not making the desert and she would have to come up with something else from the store or make it herself. My host then was raving about all that I did for her. I mailed out her invites and pre-bought the ingredients to have her reimberse me at her show. Plus I offer a lay a way for the cookware which everyone there wanted, but couldn't afford.

How do you work the lay a way for the cookware??? I was thinking about this today after my show (only 2 people were there.... but we had a great time visiting! lol) One gal wants the cookware (ordered the small saute` pan) but jokingly asked if she could make payments! I offered her a show, instead.... she's starting her catalog show March 1st ;) But on my way home I was thinking.... WOW! I guess I *could* take payments, just hold the money until they had enough for the cookware and then submit it!........

after I signed I did a show for the friend who had previously hosted for my recruiter (recruiter moved couldnt' do show..) and the host is a good friend of mine. When we closed her show, which was only at $250, she was shocked that she could get the booking benefit at the show that booked at hers...she didnt know that. I booked a show at hers (from my recruiter)before I signed. my friend attended my show and was not given the option to buy the booking benefit (I even went back and looked at my paperwork from that show). I have since learned that she had placed orders with this consultant and never received her PHD because she didn't have her number with her when she placed the order (we can look those up and for loyal customers...there is no reason not to) the consultant also had the shows delivered to her house and when she delivered the wrong items to the friend, the friend was told oh well, you'll love this too, at your next show make sure we get that...(the correct item) the item she ordered was the medium round stone and received the small round stone! The consultant did give her a quickcut paring knife for the inconvenience.
Now, my friend is very shy, and her nerves really get her down....she can not stand up to a fly....
When I heard all this I felt so bad for her and just wanted to shake her and say whyyyyyy would you keep spending money with this lady if she treats you so bad....
It also makes me so sad that there are consultants out there that don't respect other people and that gives those of us who do a bad rap.

I had someone tell me a couple of months ago that her friend had a show and the show was around $600. She said the consultant kept the money and never turned in the show. I told her to get me the consultants name and I would contact HO to see if they could get them their stuff. Her reply was "No, this girl was really nice, we don't want to get her in trouble". :eek: Hello!! She took their money and ran. Why not get her in trouble?

This is bizarre. The consultant never talked about the hosting benefits? The host never lookeda the show planner or catalog?

I don't think she got one, or was pointed out to her the back of the catty. All she got was the flyer for that month's host special, which is why that is all she thought she was going to get. She thought it was a discount only offered to hosts and that was all she got.

I too would call HO and get ahold of someone and explain the whole situation. It is one thing when a customer fully knows the benefits, doesn't want them and you ask if you can take advantage of them. To not give them a host and not tell them about it is misrepresenting the company but STEALING from the company and the host. I know there was someone in my state about 5-6 years ago that got permanently terminated from PC for promising to turn in broken pieces for a new stone then keeping the new stone.

Represent PC honestly and you will be rewarded as you are experiencing!

What a nightmare! I would call and tell somebody.....

OMG:eek: THat is amazing....let us know if you call HO & tell us what happens! I just don't know how consultants can take peoples' money for their own good...don't they have a conscience? Obviously not...

That is so wrong....I vote for calling HO too!

I had a guest last night say her old consultant wouldn't do a return for her when her Large Bar Pan broke. She said it broke within 6 months of buying it and the consultant told her it couldn't be exchanged!!!I asked if she still had it but she said she threw it out. Poor woman. I told her if she has ANY problems with ANYTHING to please talk to me.

I wonder if she still has her receipt? I'd love a look at it (it'd have the consultants info on it, and what she did/didn't get). Its also written proof that the other consultant isn't treating her hosts legitimately.

Congrats on gaining a new host/customer who will truly appreciate your service!

I had a new customer just after I started that couldn't understand the host benefits, why was she getting so much??? She had been a host about four times before with another consultant and had never received so much and her shows were about the same as the one she had with me. I still to this day can't get it through to her that it's really not me, it PC that makes up the host benefits. So I'm thinking the same thing happened to her:rolleyes:

That is a VERY strange situation! Definitely post the response you get from the HO. Something sure is fishy!!:)

krzymomof4 said:
Accoriding to her she thought the bonus of being a host was the 60% off the stone (this is the one she did in Feb). She said all the benefits of the hostess program were never explained to her and she didn't think to look at the back of the catalog. She said all she got from her show was the hostess special and the half priced items. I thought she was going to fall out of her seat when she looked on the chart and noticed she should have gotten over $200 in free product.

Just FYI, the host special for Feb 2006 was actually not stoneware, but cookware. I know Sept 2005 was stoneware and Sept 2006 was stoneware.

I think that's terrible, what her consultant did to her!!! I can't believe someone would do that..and wouldn't some hostesses catch on????

Attachments

• hostspecial_06feb.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 252
I meant to say Sept.

That is just crazy!! You MUST call HO and let us know what happens! I can not believe that there are consultants out there who could do that and still sleep at night!

We live in such a mixed up world!

Always make sure they are also talking about a cooking or catalog show - If they did a fundraiser they do not get free and discounted products, the booking benefit or a PHD. They do get the host special for that month.

I believe they do get a PHD when they are the coordinator/host for a fundraiser.

That is INSANE! Maybe I'm just selfish, but the first thing I want to know is, "If I host a show, what do I get?" Call HO! That is so wrong! I've had a few hosts who didn't want all their free or half price stuff, and I make sure to tell them it's a use it or lose it kind of thing. I also ask them if I can have it! We want to know what HO says!

Please let us know what happens. I'm dying to find out!;)

cmdtrgd said:
I believe they do get a PHD when they are the coordinator/host for a fundraiser.
They do not get a PHD for a fundraiser.

No - You do not get a PHD if your are a fundraiser host

I can't believe that a consultant would be that sneaky - to take the host benefits! And not even tell the host that there were any. Good grief! Of course, the host should have seen the chart in the back of the catalog.
I'd definitely call HO with this situation and have them investigate the other consultant.

I have put a call in to this person. I would really like more details before I jump the gun. She said she had one in Sept. According to the PH lookup on CC the last show under her name was in Feb 06 and that was delivered to the consultants house(who she said was a director). I want to believe her story, but I am a sceptic by nature and want to work this out before I take action. I will need specifics before I deal with HO anyway. I spoke to someone for advice, they told me to ask her if she would like my help to see what I can do for her in the situation. If she says she doesn't want me to go to any trouble, I will just say no trouble at all and offer again, if she declines...the story is fabricated (who would say no thanks in trying to recover $200 in free merchandise). I left her a message today, if I haven't heard from her I will call her tomorrow. I need to set a date for her March show anyway. I just can't wrap my mind around this happening to her more than once. The whole thing is bothering me the more I think about it. Not knowing. Surely she wouldn't make this up, but the more I think about it, the more I am unsure.

I would definatly check inot it more, Director or not any one can be crooked you know what i mean. That is sad , i would be so mad ! LEt us know what happens !

chefann said:
I can't believe that a consultant would be that sneaky - to take the host benefits! And not even tell the host that there were any. Good grief! Of course, the host should have seen the chart in the back of the catalog.
I'd definitely call HO with this situation and have them investigate the other consultant.
Totally agree with you Ann, how rotten of the consultant, yet the host should have seen the chart!?!

Very interesting.

I did have one host that did a catty show (one of dad's coworkers) that was not at all interested in the host benefits, just happy to help with my biz. It was only a $200 show anyway and she said if I could use the FPV to get items for my biz that was fine with her. So of course I did since I had her blessing.

The only other cases like that I've had when I've had craft fair orders, and have put them in my mom's name instead of consultant as host and she and I split the benefits between us (she's a really good customer!).

And one of my other best customers, one of my best friends at work and my top host ever, I am using her name to submit some orders so that she can take advantage of the stoneware host special (she wants to eventually replace all her other stuff!) and extend her discount & booking benefit on a few slow to book (she had like 4 bookings from her aug show!). She's fine with me using the free value since I'm doing the work on getting the orders. So again, we are splitting the benefits.

I wouldn't take any benefits unless the person whose name it was in was aware and fine. Obviously this woman didn't know. Poor lady!

My vote is to call HO on Mondayl... let us know what happends...

That is crazy It is amazing what some consultants do.
I did a show and the hostess was saying that the consultant passed out on Feb 28 the new cattalogs and told them they could order from either catalog BUT the hostess did not get the benefits from the spring catalog plus it took them 3 months to get thier other stuff

SO, did you call HO? What did they say? I'm dying to know!

speedychef said:
SO, did you call HO? What did they say? I'm dying to know!

Definitely call the HO today! Everyone must think it's closed for the holiday. I just had to call twice and both times they picked up on the FIRST ring!!

The show may not have been submitted in the "real" host name if this is the case. That may be why it is not showing up under her name!

I can see people not knowing all of the benefits if the consultant does not explain to them. I have had many host who are schocked at what all they get. That is why I make sure to explain everything to them.

So, am in understanding that she has hosted more then one show with NO FPV being given. I cannot belive she has not looked at the back of the catalog!

I agree with someone else, I alway ask WHAT DO I GET for hosting! I host for MYSELF! ha!

Update....I spoke to her and she wants me to do whatever it takes to find out what is going on. She is getting all the information for me, before I call HO about it.

Good for you! You probably have a customer for life!

krzymomof4 said:
Update....I spoke to her and she wants me to do whatever it takes to find out what is going on. She is getting all the information for me, before I call HO about it.

Awsome it's best to make sure you have ALL the info before you call. I hope that this customer receive something from HO over this. And I bet you will have your self a wonderful customer out of it:)

This situation is a great example of both what to and what not to do for customers. If you can make it right for her, she'll definitely be loyal to you!

Omgosh! I hope you get that info and turn that previous consultants little BUTT OVER! That just pisses me off! I can't believe someone would STEAL from ppl like that! GRRRRRR

WowI hope she has a receipt or something to prove it.
The consultant might have just entered it in with another name or with her own name to get the benefits! :eek:
Please keep us updated, that's horrible! I can't believe someone would do that. I sometimes bend over backwards to make sure my hosts get the best possible deal. I even mess around with the half price items, discount and FPV to get them the best deal for everything they want to purchase.

How sad. :( But good for you, you will have a loyal and trusting customer and I'm sure she will refer you to her friends and family! :D

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I hope she has a receipt or something to prove it.
The consultant might have just entered it in with another name or with her own name to get the benefits! :eek:
Please keep us updated, that's horrible! I can't believe someone would do that. I sometimes bend over backwards to make sure my hosts get the best possible deal. I even mess around with the half price items, discount and FPV to get them the best deal for everything they want to purchase.

I do the exact same thing!!!!:D

Any update?

Just when I thought I had heard everything! This is totally shocking to me!!

I hope the consultant that short changed your customer gets strung up by her bootstraps!!!

This is an outrageous story! Please update us.

Still waiting to hear back from her.

I totally forgot about this thread!! Did anything come of this??

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Jenn822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • lesliec