• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Discontinued Items as Giveaways - Is it Tacky?

In summary, you can use discontinued items as giveaways at your Pampered Chef parties as long as they are in good condition. It is not considered tacky to give away discontinued items as prizes and can actually be a helpful way to clear out inventory. Whether or not guests will be disappointed with a discontinued item as a giveaway depends on their personal preferences, but you can always offer a choice between discontinued and current items. It is unlikely that you will be able to order discontinued items for giveaways, but you can try to find them through third-party sellers or consultants. There are no specific restrictions on using discontinued items as giveaways, but be sure to follow any guidelines set by Pampered Chef.
Jennifer E
This is one of those, "I think I already know the answer, but I'm gonna ask anyway" types of question...
I was just looking on Craigslist and found a posting for some items that would be great as door prizes or giveaways, but they are all discontinued items. PC still has the items, but these are the "older" versions. Would it be wrong/tacky to use them as giveaways?

Absolutely not!! Use them. I use really old season's bests for some of my giveaways!!

You can always say, "This version has been discountinued and is really hard to find now!" That makes it seem more exciting for them to win it.

Good to know

One good thing about giving away items that aren't available for purchase is that way they won't say, "Yay! A mini-whipper, I was just about to order that. Now I can cross it off my list!" :D

Ok, well those answers were actually different than I would have thought! I guess I will get the products and give them away.
Thanks for the input.

Jennifer E said:
Ok, well those answers were actually different than I would have thought! I guess I will get the products and give them away.
Thanks for the input.
It's like getting stuff from the Outlet for giveaways!Don't call them discontinued - call them retired! All of a sudden, they are much more valuable in peoples eyes. :D

call them "VINTAGE" it always gets a laugh

1. Can I use discontinued items as giveaways at my Pampered Chef parties?

Yes, you can use discontinued items as giveaways at your Pampered Chef parties. However, it is important to make sure that these items are still in good condition and can be safely used by the recipients.

2. Is it considered tacky to give away discontinued items as prizes?

No, it is not considered tacky to give away discontinued items as prizes. In fact, it can be a great way to clear out inventory and give your guests a chance to try out products that they may have missed out on before.

3. Will my guests be disappointed if they receive a discontinued item as a giveaway?

It ultimately depends on the individual guest and their preferences. Some guests may be excited to receive a discontinued item, while others may have been hoping for something newer. To avoid disappointment, you can always give guests the option to choose between a discontinued item or a current product as their prize.

4. Can I still order discontinued items for giveaways?

It is unlikely that you will be able to order discontinued items for giveaways. These items are no longer being produced, so the only way to obtain them would be to find them through a third-party seller or through a Pampered Chef consultant who still has them in stock.

5. Are there any restrictions on using discontinued items as giveaways?

There are no specific restrictions on using discontinued items as giveaways, but it is important to follow any guidelines set by Pampered Chef regarding giveaways. For example, it is important to make sure that the total value of the giveaway items does not exceed a certain amount per guest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • straitfan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies