• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Instant Pot Conversion: Crockpot to Power Cooking

In summary, the crockpot recipe depends on the meat being cooked slow and tender. If you use chicken, it is not the case. Salsa can be used in place of broth and SW seasoning to make a power cooking recipe. The slow cooking allows the chicken to shred naturally. Microwaving or the oven will
cookin to the top
Gold Member
Is there a way to make a crockpot recipe without using a crockpot or cooking for 6 hours? (I am trying to make a crockpot recipe into a power cooking recipe- is it possible?)

depends on the recipe - post the original and lets try and figure it out. Or, email the test kitchen and see what they say about it.

Mostly depends on the meat - alot of typical crock pot recipes use cuts that need slow cooking (low temp, long time) to get them tender enough to eat.

If you use chicken, this is not the case.

This is 1 lb chicken, 1 C broth, 1 Tbs SW seasoning, and 1 packet taco seasoning. It's supposed to be the the best, moist, chicken tacos! (My upline gave me the recipe)

I do that, but instead of broth and SW seasoning, I use a jar of salsa.The slow cooking allows the chicken to shred naturally as you cook & stir it. So if you wanted to make it a power cooking recipe, you'd have to cook the chicken and then shred it somehow. I think it might come out more dry that way, though.

I'd put that in the DCB and then shred it. I bet it would still be good. Might not be quite as tender as in the crockpot, but it would be faster. :)

So you just cook salsa and chicken together with no other ingredients? I like that idea!!! What size jar? I like the DCB idea too.

Would you use the microwave or the oven for the DCB? Which would come out the moistest? (Moistest....that's a word, right? LOL)

You'd have to experiment to know for sure. But things come out of the DCB pretty tender and shreddable when done in the microwave. The oven is going to take longer and heat up the house and use more power.

cookin to the top said:
So you just cook salsa and chicken together with no other ingredients? I like that idea!!! What size jar? I like the DCB idea too.

No, salsa and taco seasoning. The salsa takes the place of the broth and SW seasoning.

What is an Instant Pot and how does it differ from a crockpot?

An Instant Pot is a multi-functional electric pressure cooker that can also be used as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, and more. It differs from a crockpot in that it can cook food much faster due to its high pressure cooking capabilities.

Can I use my crockpot recipes in an Instant Pot?

Yes, most crockpot recipes can be converted for use in an Instant Pot. However, cooking times and liquid amounts may need to be adjusted. It is important to follow the Instant Pot's instructions and use the appropriate settings for the recipe.

What are the benefits of using an Instant Pot over a crockpot?

Using an Instant Pot can save time and energy, as it cooks food much faster than a crockpot. It also offers a variety of cooking functions, making it a versatile kitchen appliance. Additionally, the Instant Pot typically results in more tender and flavorful dishes due to its high pressure cooking method.

Are there any foods that should not be cooked in an Instant Pot?

While most foods can be cooked in an Instant Pot, there are a few exceptions. Foods that foam or expand during cooking, such as pasta, oatmeal, and applesauce, should be avoided as they may clog the pressure release valve. Also, foods that require a crispy texture, such as fried chicken, are not suitable for cooking in an Instant Pot.

How do I convert cooking times from a crockpot to an Instant Pot?

The general rule of thumb for converting cooking times from a crockpot to an Instant Pot is to divide the crockpot cooking time by 8. For example, if a recipe requires 8 hours in a crockpot, it would only need 1 hour in an Instant Pot. However, it is important to consult the Instant Pot's manual for specific cooking times and adjust as needed based on the type of food being cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessicaS
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JessicaS
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies